Search Unity

[Tutorial] How to Change UI Text From Code in Unity

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by Austin-Gregory, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Austin-Gregory

Austin-Gregory

I've started a forum to help me handle support inquires from my Youtube channel, AwfulMedia. While I was working on this, I decided it wouldn't be a bad idea to expand on that a bit. Instead of just having a Q&A kind of thing for my courses, I'm also going to be writing original guides on ForgeUnity.com.

The first of the available guides is a beginner guide directed at those who are not familiar with the uGUI system. The guide shows you how to create UI objects and change the text value from code. This is an extremely simple task, but I'm sure a few people need some help understanding how all of this works. Understanding how to change properties dynamically really opens up the new system to beginners.

Check out the guide here: How to Change UI Text From Code in Unity

If you're interested in some more advanced tuturials, in video form too, I have over 120 tutorials on my Youtube channel, AwfulMedia.

I have a full course on creating an inventory system using Unity 5 on the channel. The course is pretty advanced, but I try to explain the little things as well. Be sure to check it out!

If you have any questions I would really appreciate it if they were submitted to the Topic on ForgeUnity to keep it all in one place.

Thanks for checking it out!