Search Unity

Tutorial: Error Message - Please Assist!

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Hirnsausen, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Hirnsausen

Hirnsausen

I downloaded and installed the **Unity 4.6.0B20** (a beta version, stable), because I want to go through the tutorial "**Survival Shooter**" (the bedroom thing).

At the very end of part 2, I get the error message "*Unable to open Assets/Models/Characters/Player.fbx: Check external application preferences*" at the bottom of the main screen.

I just started with Unity, I have absolutely no clue, but I think my written code should be correct. Please advise. Thanks.

I also get the warning message "*There are inconsistent line endings in the 'Assets/_CompletedAssets/Scripts/Camera/CameraFollow.cs' script. Some are Mac OS X (UNIX) and some are Windows. This might lead to incorrect line numbers in stacktraces and compiler errors. Many text editors can fix this using Convert Line Endings menu commands.*". Where in the MonoDevelop editor can I find and run that option?

2. Hirnsausen

Hirnsausen

No one..?

3. fffMalzbier

fffMalzbier

4. Hirnsausen

Hirnsausen

Thanks. I think, that helped. Good spirit in this forum here. :)

5. Hirnsausen

Hirnsausen

Hmmmm, now I am encountering another problem. I just tested the scene. I am recognizing, that the one enemy that I had to create, based on the tutorial, takes a few seconds after movement by itself the dead position. I did not shoot it. Then it follows my figure while laying on the ground. I tried to find the error, but cannot see it.

Please remember, I just use Unity since not more than a few hours, it is still hard for me to locate errors.

Please assist. Thanks.

6. Hirnsausen

Hirnsausen

No one..?