Search Unity

Trying to use UNET and UMA 2 - UNET Network Animator not working.

Discussion in 'UNet' started by Thorious, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Thorious

Thorious

I am using UNET and UMA 2 for a small project. Trying to use UNET instead of other networking platforms. I have a small project with just the UMA 2 in it. I went through the tutorial from Secret Anorak on UMA 2, amazing and learned a lot. I went through the UNET tutorials from gamer to game developer, again learned a lot and both very helpful. I just want to combine them, that's all. I have the project on my google drive so if anyone is interested in looking at it.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5GBc7OIdv-SaVdrWVBNQXZfY1k&usp=sharing

I could really use some help here. Thank you in advance!

Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
  2. Brent_Farris

Brent_Farris

I'm not exactly sure of your scenario but we have people using UMA with Forge, I think all that they are needing to do is serialize the information about the character (they are doing it via JSON) and sending it when clients connect. The data is a bit large and will take multiple packets. So if you discover how to break down UMA into a serializable format, such as JSON, then you will be able to transmit that data and use it to construct on the receiving end.

Rinzlo likes this.
  3. Thorious

Thorious

I do not want to use a third party networking solution, my objective is to use UNET and UMA. I have yet to get to the point of serializing the data between clients. My first goal is to get more than one player running around on the screen. I have yet to get that far with UNET.

4. Brent_Farris

Brent_Farris

I was not suggesting that you use a third party system. The principals are the same, you need to get the data from UMA and then serialize it to the other end. Are you asking about just getting the characters on screen? I am under the impression that you were wanting to serialize the character data so that it is synchronized on the clients visually.

Rinzlo likes this.
  5. Thorious

Thorious

Nope, just to get more then one player running around the screen. The more I keep digging I think it may have to do with the Network Animator. I keep getting this error when I mouse over the the network animator in the editor.

Error:
    Animator is not playing a Playable
    UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()

I know its something in my project in the above link.

6. Thorious

Thorious

Clean new project without anything but standard assets and I still get this warning when using the Network Animator spamming the console.

Animator is not playing a Playable
    UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()

7. Velo222

Velo222

I too, am having trouble with the network animator. I get the error message mentioned by Thorious. But I also noticed that if I have "Local Player Authority" checked on the Network Identity script for the object, the animations do NOT sync (at least not with a remote client). If I uncheck "Local Player Authority" for the object, the animations sync properly. I have no idea why this is.