Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[CLOSED] trueSKY for Unity

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by rvkennedy, May 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mauri

Mauri

Looks really great! Haven't know that Arma3 and DayZ uses trueSky :D

2. ThunderTruck

ThunderTruck

Hi,
    I bought version 4...
    To upgrade at the version 5 I have to buy another one?

3. nasos_333

nasos_333

That is a good question, do we have to buy each new version ?

4. Elecman

Elecman

I noticed that when using Forward and Linear rendering, when adding a tone mapping component to the camera, it flips the image around

clouds flipped.jpg

Unrelated, but I can also see some repetitive patterns. It would be nice if you could randomize it a bit more.

5. Homer-Johnston

Homer-Johnston

Just got this after discovering ArmA uses it :) looks very nice!

Could you check if trueSky.getSunRotation() is working correctly? My directional light always has an euler y rotation of 0, and it doesn't match the trueSky's sun position at all. Looks like the output of that method isn't working right. This happens in a new project with only TrueSky imported and set up with default settings. Thanks!

[Edit] quickfix for me was to replace line 702 of trueSky.cs:
    OLD: Quaternion q = Quaternion.Euler(el, az, 0f);
    NEW: Quaternion q = Quaternion.AngleAxis(180f + az, Vector3.up) * Quaternion.AngleAxis(el, Vector3.right);

Last edited: Oct 16, 2014
  6. janpec

janpec

I think that this product might be a bit poorly advertised. Since so many big AAA titles use it one would expect more video presentations and also performance reports. With that said obviously it looks very good sky solution.

7. nasos_333

nasos_333

Is it possible to start a project with the Indie license and later upgrade to the PS4 one (say after a succesfull kickstarter), keeping all the work from indie ?

Thanks

8. janpec

janpec

PS4 eh? Show us what you are hiding, or we are gona come with torches:D

9. nasos_333

nasos_333

PS4 is the target platform, but i am working on PC with an xbox pad so far :). PC is the other platform i am considering, it all depends on whether i manage to find a publisher or self fund through kickstarter.

You are right though that i am hiding a lot :). But the game and demo is still WIP so i cant make an official reveal just yet, gettting closer to that though.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2014
    janpec and John-G like this.
  10. DigitalAdam

DigitalAdam

Is it possible to have the sky/clouds render to a cubemap? Right now when I use Render to Texture the sky is white.

rvkennedy likes this.
  11. Elecman

Elecman

rvkennedy likes this.
  12. rvkennedy

rvkennedy

Unlimited_Energy likes this.
  13. Duffer123

Duffer123

Is this asset still being developed and supported (it is after all described as an Alpha product)? Is there any possibility of it being made compatible with Unity 5 Personal Edition (rather than Unity3d Pro)? If the answer to both is yes I would definitely consider buying...

14. rvkennedy

rvkennedy

As we mentioned above, Alpha is the name of the product. It's not pre-release.
    It's actually already compatible with Personal Edition; since Unity made the transition from 4 to 5, this has enabled plugins like trueSKY. We'll update the text to make this clear with the next upload.

15. Duffer123

Duffer123

@ Roderick,

Thanks v much for getting back so quickly. Delighted to see this is compatible with Unity 5.x PE (as well as Pro).

Also glad to see this asset is still being developed and supported so well. Will now draw together to money to purchase.

16. Elecman

Elecman

I have TrueSky for a while now but some things are still unclear.

-Is there a manual available on how to use the sequencer? A manual is really required because I can't figure out how to use it.

-What is the difference between the presets named KeyFrame and no key frame?

-The fog example keyframe does not show any fog at all.

-How do I add fog or haze to the scene (not using the build in fixed function fog)?

-Does How do I make objects in the distance appear blue-ish (not fog, this is haze and rayleigh scattering), like this:?

17. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.