Search Unity

Trouble getting Unity to start in Fedora 23

Discussion in 'Linux' started by herpygumbo, Jan 15, 2016.

1. herpygumbo

herpygumbo

Everytime I try to run the ./Unity executable I get the following error

./Unity: /opt/unity/unity-editor-5.1.0f3/Editor/Data/Tools/libgpg-error.so.0: no version information available (required by /lib64/libgcrypt.so.20)
    ./Unity: relocation error: /lib64/libgcrypt.so.20: symbol gpg_err_set_errno, version GPG_ERROR_1.0 not defined in file libgpg-error.so.0 with link time reference

I can't see anyone else getting this error so I have no idea what the problem is. Any ideas?

2. Voicu

Voicu

Ran into the same error on Fedora 23 after using the platform-agnostic installer.

3. Voicu

Voicu

Figured it out. Remove the /opt/unity/unity-editor-5.1.0f3/Editor/Data/Tools/libgpg-error.so.0 file and it should work. I believe it was due to a system library conflict.

4. angiolucci

angiolucci

Thanks, it works for me!
    Under "Tools" folder, I removed libgcrypt.so.11 and libgpg-error.so.0, since my fedora setup already has these files installed as rpm packages.

5. Spykes

Spykes

Hello,
    I'm also running Fedora 23 and I struggle to launch Unity too.
    My issue however seems to differ from yours.
    I've downloaded the last 5.4 beta, and each time I try to launch it, all I got is the splash screen, and a blank window entitled "recent".
    I got no error message, but I can see the unity process is taking 100% of the CPU.
    Any ideas of the issue ?

6. Dakwamine

Dakwamine

I have had the same issue you described even though I was on Debian (Jessie). You can get a look at my solution here: http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/unity-editor-for-linux-stalls-in-debian-jessie.401483/#post-2641956. My advice would be to install some packages such as npm and standard development libraries. I don't know if Fedora is similar to Debian but I have pasted in the provided link the additional packages I have installed to get the editor working (the "other distributions" editor works as well as the Ubuntu specific one). Good luck!

7. Spykes

Spykes

Well done !
    You nailed it with the npm packages. That was the missing dependency.
    Too bad the unity script installer doesn't verify that, because we have no information to find out what's going on.
    Anyway it's now working, but it's still eating 100% of one of my CPU core.
    Hopefully they will fix that soon.

Dakwamine likes this.
  8. Odd-Redesign

Odd-Redesign

9. catafest

catafest

I tested with Fedora 24 alpha the last 5.4.0b18 version type .sh .
    I install Mono , Mono develop, libpq , nodejs-npm*, postgresql-libs, postgresql, used command mkdir ~/.local/share/unity3d/Packages .The Unity editor interface working well.

Last edited: May 29, 2016