Search Unity

TPSA - Third Person Aim System

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by Stiffx, Dec 29, 2014.

1. JouTaino45

JouTaino45

3 business days again? :eek:

2. blackbird

blackbird

image key ? what does that mean ? and whats wrong with it ?

3. Stiffx

Stiffx

Hi there guys, sorry about that it looks like i've uploaded the Key image of the pack without the rounded and transparent border. I believe it will take no much longer. Than kyou for your patience ​

blackbird and JouTaino45 like this.
  4. snackzilla

snackzilla

"take no much longer"? I'm sorry, Stiffx, I still don't understand (no disrespect intended). Did you have to re-submit the whole asset, resetting the 3 business required to post?

I guess, in laymen terms, when can we expect this asset to be published for us to buy?

5. Stiffx

Stiffx

Hi there, first of all thank you for your interest in my work. I'm as anxious as you are to release the package, but don't get me wrong (not trying to be rude) but the package will be ready when UT says it's ready. Even trying to follow the guide lines there's always something they can question about. So stay put i'll be here to inform what's going on.

snackzilla likes this.
  6. Stiffx

Stiffx

How to setup a new character tutorial

Last edited: Jan 16, 2015
  7. IndieScapeGames

IndieScapeGames

This is nice, are there any new requirements concerning which animations are required? Walk, run, aim, etc?

8. Stiffx

Stiffx

Thank you, but i don't understand what you mean

9. snackzilla

snackzilla

Hey no worries, man (or woman) I didn't find your comment rude. It's got to be just as frustrating for you, if not even more not knowing when this asset will be available for sale. I, as I'm sure as many others are looking forward to what seems to be the closest thing we're ever going to get to a TPS kit with a cover system and many other features. I just can't help but be excited! Expecting big things from this kit, ! :) Hope you're having a wonderful new year.

Stiffx and JouTaino45 like this.
  10. JouTaino45

JouTaino45

I agree, there are rarely package in the asset store that cover Third person shooter. I am sure, the package will be fun after all he did create this game lol ;)

Mad_Mark, snackzilla and Stiffx like this.
  11. Stiffx

Stiffx

Thank guys, thank you for supporting this thread. hopefully the UT release the pack this week so you guys can have some fun with my work. Thank you all once again

I'm a man hahah :)

snackzilla likes this.
  12. blackbird

blackbird

i saw at least six people are complaining on fb that the guys from asset store are refusing their asset for small stupid things there is even one guy claiming that he was refused without explanation and he said that he contacted them two weeks ago they did n t reply to him ,... i m just wondering whats going on there ... i have the impression that they allow only crap to be published on the asset store and quality stuff got refused for small things

Stiffx likes this.
  13. Stiffx

Stiffx

Well they do no answer my emails, so o have another theory they are not working as they should. I don't believe there's many submissions per day like App Store or Play Store. Anyways i'm still waiting....

If you guys can't wait to get it like JouTaino45 you can buy it from paypal.

JouTaino45 and blackbird like this.
  14. blackbird

blackbird

and how we do that ... i mean when you update the package how we download the newest version ?

15. Stiffx

Stiffx

I can provide a update link like everybody else, i can create a simple webpage that validate your email or purchase ID from paypal and it will bring the donwload link

16. blackbird

blackbird

well sounds great !! please make the price cheaper than the asset store

17. Stiffx

Stiffx

What do you say about U$50? Because I'll still have to take care of updates, it will cost me the server and time. And i would still need to refund the user who bought the pack for U$60.

blackbird likes this.
  18. blackbird

blackbird

i m fine with that

Stiffx likes this.
  19. snackzilla

snackzilla

Woah, woah woah. I just got back into town and this thread exploded. I've no problem buying this not off the official asset store. More often than not, the internal Unity Updater is more trouble than it's worth anyway. Stiffx, give me a place to buy, and a valid means to receive updates when they're published, and I'll buy it right now.

(Perhaps take a page from the Ork Framework book? I bought it from their site instead of Unity, and every time there are updates, they just email the new .upackage zipped as an email attachment. Might not be the best solution for your package specifically, but you get where I'm going with this.)

Also, if you need a website/hosting (or just either/or) I can help you out there too. Just send me a PM for more information.

Stiffx likes this.
  20. Stiffx

Stiffx

Thank you snackzilla, i'll provide the update link just give me some to organize the script files to check invoice from paypal.

snackzilla likes this.
  21. JouTaino45

JouTaino45

Right, since I was in a hurry with my project I had to get the asset to help me out. So I bought from Paypal. The process is easy and smooth. If you guys want to get the asset faster, I would recommend doing this process with Paypal.

snackzilla, blackbird and Stiffx like this.
  22. snackzilla

snackzilla

I would also like to go the route with PayPal, as I believe this would expedite the expected date of my project. Do I just need to send you a PM or what, Stiffx?

23. Stiffx

Stiffx

24. Stiffx

Stiffx

JouTaino45 i sent you the difference amount. Thank you

Last edited: Jan 21, 2015
    JouTaino45 likes this.
  25. blackbird

blackbird

i send you the money waiting for a link

26. Stiffx

Stiffx

Thank you blackbird, i'm sending it to you right now

blackbird likes this.
  27. Cpt Chuckles

Cpt Chuckles

this looks cool but does it bother anyone else that
    Third
    Person
    Aim
    System
    spells TPAS and not TPSA?
    it's making me twitch

28. Stiffx

Stiffx

Hi there, hahahah good appointment. that was the name i suppose to use, but as the English is not my native language i made a mistake, when I payed attention to the words it was too late to fix. But we can consider
    Third Person System - Alternative ahhahahaha

29. Stiffx

Stiffx

snackzilla, JouTaino45 and blackbird like this.
  30. JouTaino45

JouTaino45

Cool, let us know when you create the new topic...

snackzilla likes this.
  31. snackzilla

snackzilla

Man, I bought this pack like a day before it was officially accepted on the asset store, and lemme say...This dev is incredible. The system is easy enough to understand, but it definitely took some extensive coding knowledge to get this type of thing going. I've been waiting for a TPS Cover System for Unity(ala mass effect or gears) since I started using it around v 3.5, and this is the closest I've ever seen. So far the character can only cover on higher walls, but I can tell that Stiffx has much, MUCH more planned for this pack. Not only that, the he'is always up front about answering questions and helping out. So if anyone stumbles upon this thread, do not hesitate to buy. I'd write a review already, but the Unity Website is being a pos and throwing up a server error, so I'll mirror this in my review tomorrow.

Stiffx likes this.
  32. Stiffx

Stiffx

wow did not expect that... thank you snackzilla you are very kind.

33. eridani

eridani

Wow I didn't notice this asset until just now, but it looks amazing. I have a couple of questions about it:

1. When the character is standing still, and then you make him turn, does he take small steps as he turns? Or does he just spin like a robot without his legs moving.

2. Is it possible/easy to have the character be unarmed, and throw punches and kicks as his attacks when he has no weapon?

Thank you very much

34. eridani

eridani

3. Also, can the character in this asset climb over high walls? I saw the character doing that in the Sisters In Hell game.

4. And can he put his weapons on his back (or pistol in the side holster on his leg), with animations putting weapons away and bringing them out.

Thanks!

35. Stiffx

Stiffx

Hi there first of all thank you for your interest in my work...

1. When the character is standing still, and then you make him turn, does he take small steps as he turns? Or does he just spin like a robot without his legs moving.
    The main idea was to rotate using root motion, so there's animations that take small steps to rotate or even a 180degree animation rotation. But since I'm using camera rotation to rotate the character now the root-motion has no effect on the player. But yes the character does take small steps to rotate.

2. Is it possible/easy to have the character be unarmed, and throw punches and kicks as his attacks when he has no weapon?
    Of course, is the same principle as the melee attack, you would have to understand the scripts and add your logic to do this, but is no big deal.

Also, can the character in this asset climb over high walls? I saw the character doing that in the Sisters In Hell game.
    Yes this will be available at next updates.

4. And can he put his weapons on his back (or pistol in the side holster on his leg), with animations putting weapons away and bringing them out.
    Yes it can, it's not currently present in the pack but can be done.

The sisters in hell game is a demonstration of my template with some modifications.

Best regards

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
  36. eridani

eridani

I'm assuming there are currently no punching and kicking animations in your asset (I think you have a sword swinging animation currently). Would I have to modify C# code and possibly a mecanim tree or something like that to add the punching and kicking functionality?

Will the putting away and equipping weapons be added in a future update?

I don't mind modifying assets to suit my needs, but I try my best not to make any modifications to assets because I like the ability to update the assets when new versions come out, so it's nice if the assets already work the way I want out-of-the-box.

Anyway, thank you for your answers and I have put this asset on my to-buy list!

Stiffx likes this.
  37. blackbird

blackbird

@eridani you will not do anything wrong with this asset it's the best !! and the dev is amazing believe me he made changes in a second just to satisfy his customers i wish that all the other devs are like him even the price is very cheap for what the package include ....

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
    Stiffx likes this.
  38. Stiffx

Stiffx

Yes indeed, the kick and punch was not part of my idea for the pack, but of course I can point you in the right direction to add those features to the pack.

I really did not expect to do that at this pack if you pay attention to the main character of the pack he has no holster or backpack and I'm no modeler, so I would have to pay somebody to model them to me to add to the character. So my answer to this right now is no, at least not in the near future.

You are very welcome to ask what you want, I really hope you can buy the package I even not containing the last things you asked there's a lot of features you don't even imagine (I'm going to show all of them in the official thread I'm creating + the new updates (yes I'm kinda fast haha :) ))

Thank you

39. Stiffx

Stiffx

Thank you blackbird, you are a very good client as all the clients I have so far, I hope to keep impressing and helping you guys. Thank you for the kind words :)

blackbird likes this.
  40. Stiffx

Stiffx

Here's a piece of the new update

It will be available this weekend.
    I strongly recommend that you guys get your copy of the pack as soon as you can, as I update it with more features the price will rise.

JouTaino45 and blackbird like this.
  41. Stiffx

Stiffx

42. MyGenericUsername

MyGenericUsername

Nice package, awesome job.

Stiffx likes this.
  43. Stiffx

Stiffx

Thank you

44. Blackout_99

Blackout_99

OMG this looks amazing! Looking forward to getting the code! Btw are you releasing the unity file, models and code or just the code?

Stiffx likes this.
  45. Stiffx

Stiffx

46. Earthsnake

Earthsnake

Can you please add save game feature to the asset? Imo that will really add a huge value to this asset :)

47. krish9

krish9

I have interest