Search Unity

TOZ Water Shaders

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by aubergine, Apr 1, 2015.

1. aubergine

aubergine

Description:
    The most awesome water shaders for every occasion!!

Buy From:
    ASSETSTORE

Web Demos:
    Coming soon...

Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
  2. aubergine

aubergine

Readme file:

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
  3. methano

methano

Hi, I've got the Unity 4 shaders so maybe this isn't the correct thread. But I've applied the Pro/Super/SoftEdges/FlowSpec shader to a 3d cylinder that is animated and deformed moving through a pipe. The shader looks great except I am having clipping problems. There is a free camera in the scene and as the camera changes viewing angles you can see through geometry that is meant to appear solid. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks

Attached Files:

4. aubergine

aubergine

I answered you in the 4.x forum post.

5. Duffer123

Duffer123

I'd be really interested in this. A couple of questions though:-

- how long before the webdemo is up and running?
    - will you be creating some sample projects?
    - will there be a manual/documentation?
    - will this asset be enough in itself to cover rivers, lakes and seas/ocean?
    - will you be able to tinker with things like reflection, refraction, caustics, different colours at different heights, wave heights, directions of waves, direction of flow, tidal effects, foams, breaking waves, ripple light effects and distortion under water, colour of the water surface?
    - how much of the above does it cover?
    - compatible with different platforms?

Sorry for all the questions but the Asset Store doesn't tell me very much yet.

6. aubergine

aubergine

*Webdemo is not a priority now, but i will make one smiliar to the video.
    *Sample Scenes: There are 3 demo scenes in the pack.
    *Documentation can be found in the 2nd post of this forum thread.
    *This asset covers rivers and lakes perfectly, ocean is partially covered with waves.
    *Reflection/Refraction, water colors, waves, direction of waves, direction of flow, tidal animation is all customizable through a property. I have removed the caustics and underwater distortion effects from this pack, they are still in the 4.x pack (Aubergines Water Shaders)
    *Compatible with every platform.

Hope i could answer some of your questions. You can have a better idea by watching the tutorial video, as i tried to use every tool there.
    One final word is; this pack is for generic use, it is impossible to cover all and every feature you require as everybody has different requirements. In order to solve this, i provide a custom shader with the additional or customised features you want(reasonable ones) to whoever bought the package.

NOTE: If you already own Aubergines Water Shaders pack, you will be able to upgrade to this one for a smaller fee as soon as Assetstore implements upgrade path feature.

7. Duffer123

Duffer123

Understood. Thanks Aubergine

8. Duffer123

Duffer123

Any chance of it being up for sale on the Asset Store for the same price? (or is that in the hands of Unity)?

Also, any plans to develop TOZ Water Shaders any further?

9. aubergine

aubergine

The package on toztas.com and Assetstore is the same version and updates are released at the same time. But it is not easy to arrange a discount on the assetstore.

I have been maintaining all my packages since 4-5 years, and i will keep doing it for the life span of Unity 5.x regularly as well. It is up to you to do requests on how the pack should be improved.

10. Duffer123

Duffer123

@aubergine
    Understood - thanks for coming back to me.

11. Teila

Teila

Nice water! I have looked for a long time for a water that would allow me to do river flow. I have one request though, and not sure if this is possible. I am looking for one that does foam edges, similar to Water4. I like that I can change the texture and have algae or water plant textures replace the foam. Looks fabulous in a pond.

Any chance you would add foam to this or is that outside the parameters for a shader?

Thank you.

12. aubergine

aubergine

Sure its possible, but im not going to add it to the pack though. It would require just a new set of 7 more shaders and i dont want to crowd the pack with more shaders.

However, all customers are entitled for a free custom shader. So, which specific shader do you want it to be added?
    You also have 2 options;
    1- can have foam like water4 using "depth intersection" which unnecessarily uses depth buffer.
    2- can have foam with custom depth texture (the depth texture painting tool in the pack can be used to paint foam areas)

Contact me through the e-mail supplied in the readme file with your desired shader details as well as your invoice number please.

13. Teila

Teila

Wow, I did not expect this! I haven't even purchased the asset yet. Give me a few days and I will get back to you with what we need. I need to consult with people who know more about this stuff than me...my programmers. :)

Thanks.

14. mkgame

mkgame

Hi,

you don't really convincing me with the video. We need a video to see what is maximal (AAA+) possible with this asset firstly and not a tutorial (but the tutorial itself is good as tutorial). The water at all doesn't look good. The overwhelming reflection destroys all the water feeling and the water also needs scattered lights. As mentioned, foam is important. Good things are e.g. the flow editor and the existence of under water. Another missing thing is i guess the deep water color and i also missed the shadow on the water surface. Waves would be also nice to have.
    I did not bought this asset, i just missed this in the video, and i guess that these features aren't available yet.

Anyway, do you support linear color space?

Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
  15. aubergine

aubergine

The video is not for convincing one person. This is a generic pack which adresses most common features necessary.
    Further more, all shaders in this pack get its final color from the environment, so whether it looks beautiful or not depends on your artistic skills.
    For the deep water color, shadows and waves, you should watch the video again with more attention.
    If you are still not happy with what you see and want something specific, you can always hire me for your custom AAAA+150*500 needs.

Yes it works in both linear and gamma spaces.

16. kzaurckichz

kzaurckichz

Does it work with Planetary Terrain ?
    In other words, will this shader work on a 100km radius sphere ?

17. Teila

Teila

I have to admit, I would like to see a webplayer demo. I have spent so much money on water solutions that do not work that I am very hesitant to buy something that promises something great only to find out that really it doesn't. This is not an inexpensive asset and a demo should be offered before purchase.

I skip a lot of nice assets due to no demo so this is nothing personal.

18. aubergine

aubergine

Not out of the box, but if you check the planetary terrain forum, i prepared some custom shader that does reflections/refractions on a spherical terrain.
    Though it is not in this pack, i sell it seperately as a custom job.

19. aubergine

aubergine

I understand your concern and you are right, but i dont have much time to prepare a nice demo yet. We have some upcoming holidays, maybe i will do something by then which will not be very different than the video though.

Teila likes this.
  20. Teila

Teila

The difference is with a demo, we can get in and "almost" touch the product. :) It would be nice to allow us to change the light from light to dark, as that is an issue for most water, and change a few parameters to make the water look different.

Right now, the one thing stopping me from buying Suimono is the fact that it hasn't worked well with image effects and it eats up fps. Water4 never really gets dark at night, making it look out of place in realtime lighting. Those are important factors for me.

21. Assets-Reporter

Assets-Reporter

22. aubergine

aubergine

Assets-Reporter likes this.
  23. mkgame

mkgame

Okay, sounds like your water solution is superior. It also supports linear color space, water shader rarely do that under the Unity asset store. Do you have a very beautiful water demonstration? If Ifwould know that (linear color space + well looking water), I would buy your water solution. Now, I have a lot of other water solution with different disappointment and still looking. Please understand me, I burned my finger with water ;)

24. mkgame

mkgame

I have suimono and trouble with linear color space. If you use Alloy, you need linear color space. This was my experience for 4-6 weeks.

25. Teila

Teila

I have it in my game now and it is fine with linear space. It has other issues, such as missing the foam but I can live with that at the moment. I considered this one, but the lack of better pictures or a demo made me to afraid to spend that much money on it. I had lots of friends who use Suimono so they shared information with me.

26. aubergine

aubergine

I have a long holiday this week, and i will work on the web demo.
    Thing is, you do underestimate the extra detail here; "when you buy something from me, you can ask for customization for your specific requirements"

Whatever package you buy from assetstore, it will not do what you want exactly. There will always be the extra thing that you want. And i say you will get that extra thing.(reasonable ones obviously)

27. mkgame

mkgame

Hello,

thanks for this info, I used the Unity 5.0.2 version with Suimono... The Unity 5.0.2 was the worst version of Unity I ever had. Non of the watershader worked with this version in linear color space... How many posts end emails I wrote to this water asset developers... Now I have a lot of working water solition under Unity 5.1.2 (The game project upate tooks me 6-7 hours...): Smart Water(expensive, but you get lot of stuff for water, not in unity asset store), HE water (very simple to use and looks good), Suimono(Interactive water and lot of features, not tested with Unity 5.1.2). And probably i will get this water shader for rivers...

28. Teila

Teila

I haven't found a perfect one yet. This might be it, who knows. But for now, I have spent far too much money on water. Aubergine, maybe someday I will buy it. :) lol Just very gun shy at the moment.

29. aubergine

aubergine

I suggest to invest in this kind of shaders at a later point where you are satisfied with your gameplay already and just working on graphics enchantments.

30. creat327

creat327

Hi there,
    I see it's been a while since last post here. I have the older 4.x version and I'm thinking about upgrading but I have a question. Shore lines on mobile. Is it possible to paint and bake them into the texture? or maybe use the depth tool to paint it somehow? The problem always with mobile is that shore line that gets a straight line on it

31. aubergine

aubergine

Hi,

Mobile shaders are supposed to be as light as possible, so i didnt put the painting on mobile ones. But it can be done with a few lines of code and i dont think it will have any impact at all.

Let me know which mobile shader(s) you want and i will send you custom ones with the shore texture.

32. creat327

creat327

I don't know since I still have the older version... but I was using a fairly simple one for mobile (I stopped using it long ago since I had to upgrade to unity 5).

33. aubergine

aubergine

They are practically same, Unity 5 version is slightly more branched.
    Good thing is, you are entitled to a free custom shader when you make a purchase.

34. Stevepunk

Stevepunk

Hi, does this include the cutaway shader shown here?
    I would like the top of the water to behave as normal but with one side of the water to be flat as if inside a square glass swimming pool, however I would like the water physics not to interact with this side for a true cutaway effect (so ripples etc don't bounce off this side). Is this something I can do with this shader?

35. aubergine

aubergine

Hello, no its not included in the pack. It was a customised one for that guy. But its available anyways. And you are always entitled for one free customized shader if you own the pack.

36. Stevepunk

Stevepunk

Thanks, I had a closer look but this doesn't seem to have 3d waves so I'm going to go with another solution.

37. ColtonKadlecik_VitruviusVR

ColtonKadlecik_VitruviusVR

Hi there,

I was wondering if this water shader works in VR with single pass stereo rendering enabled?

Thanks,
    Colton

38. aubergine

aubergine

I did not try, but There is no reason why it shouldn't. It is just a regular object shader.

39. ColtonKadlecik_VitruviusVR

ColtonKadlecik_VitruviusVR

Ok great thanks for letting me know.

40. Wilbert-Blom

Wilbert-Blom

Please update the asset to remove the `TOZ.RenderToTexture.SetObliqueMatrix(ref UnityEngine.Matrix4x4, UnityEngine.Vector4)' cannot be accessed with an instance reference, qualify it with a type name instead'
    error

After upgrading, check your console for errors;
    Open RenderReflection.cs and RenderRefraction.cs files and remove below as it seems obsolete with the new api:

if(!SystemInfo.supportsRenderTextures)
    return;

and then remove "base." from both SetObliqueMatrix calls in each file, so it reads:
    SetObliqueMatrix(ref projMtx, clipPlane);
    instead of
    base.SetObliqueMatrix(ref projMtx, clipPlane);

on each file.

41. aubergine

aubergine

Yeah, i am updating the package with new features as well.
    Soon to be released.

42. Wilbert-Blom

Wilbert-Blom

Great!
    Can we have Medium shaders with transparency ?

43. aubergine

aubergine

Sure, let me know if you need any more features.

44. Wilbert-Blom

Wilbert-Blom

Masks
    Foam
    Buoyancy
    X-Z wavesize
    :)

45. aubergine

aubergine

Mask is already there, you can paint depths with the tool, with the update you will be able to paint all shaders.
    Foam i will add with this update.
    Buoyancy is your duty, this package is shaders only.
    X-Z wavesize, i dont understand, what do you mean?

46. Wilbert-Blom

Wilbert-Blom

XZ wavesize is being able to scale wave horizontal scale, not just the height.

I would like to use a mask (or some other way) to remove the water from the inside of a boat. So it should be able to move dynamically with the boat.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
  47. TrueProger

TrueProger

Hello aubergine! Does this water support mobile devices and what version of shaders is required for good performance?

48. aubergine

aubergine

In the current assetstore version; all shaders are mobile friendly there might be hickups with old phones when using the high quality shaders but recent phones has no problems.

However, i am rewriting things and upgrading the package soon, with features like foam and stuff. And there will be mobile and desktop versions while mobile versions will lack some features. And i dont know which features yet.

49. gaiastellar

gaiastellar

hi,
    I am working on a planetary terrain game and need water that will work on a sphere in the range of 500-100 km. I'm willing to pay for a custom job. Can you advise me what you might be willing to do?
    many thanks

paul / uk

50. aubergine

aubergine

Hello,
    My TOZ Planet Renderer already has the basic planetary water shader and i am improving it as i update the package.

Problem with spherical water is, it mostly depends on the planet coding and its not possible to make a shader that works independently. So, did you write your own planet renderer or are you using something from the store?

lolaswift likes this.