Search Unity

TOZ Triplanar Shaders

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by aubergine, Mar 14, 2015.

1. aubergine

aubergine

Version: 5.01

Description:

Fast triplanar shaders for every occasion.
    Includes the following shaders in both world space and local space, (the properties are exactly same as the unity provided versions):
    Unlit
    Diffuse
    DiffuseSpec (Glossy)
    DiffuseBumped (Bump mapped)
    DiffuseBumpedSpec (Glossy bump mapped)
    DiffuseDetail (Detail mapped)
    DiffuseParallax (Parallax mapped)
    DiffuseParallaxSpec (Glossy parallax mapped)
    Standard

Also includes the following Terrain Shaders, (the properties are exactly same as the unity provided versions, supports as many texture maps as your computer and your graphic card can handle without blowing up):
    Diffuse (Same as unity diffuse shader)
    Standard (Same as unity standard shader)

This pack is the Unity 5.x version for Aubergines Triplanar Shaders pack. It includes all the shaders from previous version all re-written, bug fixed and further optimised for Unity 5.

Assetstore Link:
    Get it FREE from ASSETSTORE

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
  2. aubergine

aubergine

Following image shows the difference between Unity Standard Terrain shader and TOZ Standard Terrain Shader,
    The cliff vertices are exaggrated to show the texture stretching with Unity Standard.

terrain01.jpg

3. aubergine

aubergine

111.jpg

Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
  4. aubergine

aubergine

A better comparison photo.

terrain.jpg

5. aubergine

aubergine

New version: 5.01
    I forgot to add the Standard shader to the initial version, so i just submitted the new update to AssetStore. It should be up shortly.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
  6. tripknotix

tripknotix

does this support opengl es2 for Android.

7. aubergine

aubergine

Unlit, Diffuse, DiffuseDetail, DiffuseBumped, DiffuseSpec shaders run on gles2.0
    Standard, Parallax, Terrain shaders require 3.0

8. tripknotix

tripknotix

any possible way you could squeeze a terrain shader into es2?

9. aubergine

aubergine

If you want, up to 2 textures can be tri-projected in gles2.0 limits, other textures will have to use the uvs.
    Also, you can forget about standard lighting, it has to be diffuse.
    Finally, i wont add such specific shader to this pack, if you want such a custom shader, pm me with the details you need.

10. manutoo

manutoo

@aubergine,

you might want to explain on the Store page what is a Triplaner Shader ; it may then interest more people... ;) (eg: just put the pictures you have put in this topic with a little text on them to explain what they show)

11. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Hi there!

Is there any chance you could update the Triplanar shaders for the current Unity version?
    I guess the changes are minor (standard shader and standard shader(specular)), yet, just asking.

I actually would love to use the fastest possible triplanar shader on mobile...while not losing too much of the Standard shader functionalities :p

12. aubergine

aubergine

I think i already have standard shader version included, have i not? Anyways it must be very old and needs updating but right now i have to focus on updating my other paid packages, and this one is free.

If your game is about to finish and you need a fast and custom solution, you can always hire me to do custom work.

13. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Thanks, but no problem, I'm not in a hurry, I'd rather wait until you update it and republish it as a paid package, no need for custom work :)

You're a veteran, and I have full faith your solution is going to be the fastest :)