Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Touch Controls Kit v1.5 - Powerful, Flexible and Intuitive to use touch kit [RELEASED]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Victor-K, Nov 11, 2013.

1. AvGaz

AvGaz

After adding a touchpad, It says 'touchpad not found' - do you always need a controller on the player, and can you resize a touchpad to be full screen width, even with different resolutions?

2. Victor-K

Victor-K

Check the controller name in touchpad and game script.

3. AvGaz

AvGaz

Thanks - and can a touchpad be resized to screen width?

4. Victor-K

Victor-K

All controllers automatic resized to current screen width.

5. AvGaz

AvGaz

Is there a way to use the touch joystick to move the character controller itself?

Thank-you.

6. Victor-K

Victor-K

But why? The native API and Broadcasting functions is not enough?

7. AvGaz

AvGaz

Obviously you know a lot more than the average user, I'd like to move a first person character, but using the joystick.

Can you please point me in the right direction how to use the touch kit, to move the standard character .

8. Victor-K

Victor-K

No problem, see included "zExamples.unitypackage" it constains the first person example.

9. immacul8_apps

immacul8_apps

I've imported the files & I've added TouchManagerSpriteRenderer to my project.
    The Dpad loads in my game and i can press the buttons but how do i assign what each arrow does??

I currently tried

Code (CSharp):
    1. if (InputManager.GetButtonUp( "ArrowLEFT" )) {
    2.    yNext.y = 270.0f;
    3. animation.Play ("jump", PlayMode.StopAll);
    4. xPosition -= 0.85f;
    5. }
    but i get a continuous error
    Button name: ArrowLEFT not found!
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    TouchControlsKit.InputManager:GetButtonUp(String) (at Assets/TouchControlsKit/Base/Scripts/InputManager.cs:268)
    movement:Update() (at Assets/Scripts/movement.cs:36)

I'm very new to sharp and unity and despite looking at the examples i can't find what i need to do

Thx

10. Victor-K

Victor-K

Check name "ArrowLEFT" in controller inspector. For button is "Button Name" parameter.

11. immacul8_apps

immacul8_apps

I haven't changed any of the names - it is ArrowLEFT as it comes in the package.

It is under hearty Dpad() - do i need to add this somehow?

Dpad(ArrowLEFT) or something?

Last edited: Apr 13, 2015
  12. MD_Reptile

MD_Reptile

Ok @Victor Klepikov I'm having trouble with tck. In a project where I've got a canvas already, buttons and such already implemented, and I'm bringing in tck's joystick to replace the old system I'd used.

Problem is that I'm trying to not use the gui camera that seems to be required by tck. Let me explain a bit:

I'm doing "screen space overlay" for the canvas render mode, both on my canvas and the one for tck, and I noticed initially in editor that the joystick didn't accept input like it was offscreen even though I could see it. So I adjusted the "_guiCamera" to be orthographic and sized half of the reference resolution (on _TouchManagerUgui canvas scaler), then it worked for me in editor. However it does not work on android and I assume it's relates to that. I need to be sure it will work fine on all aspect ratios and device sizes so that _guicamera way of doing things is effecting my ability to do that. Is there a particular reason tck needs it?

If not, how can I just not use that guicamera? Can I just have it work like my regular new gui canvas? It functions fine in editor and on android for all the buttons.

Edit: for instance - more like this joystick, which only uses the canvas and no gui camera:
    http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/joystick.266727/

Last edited: May 1, 2015
  13. Victor-K

Victor-K

_guiCamera can not be removed, it is necessary for correct operation of the controllers.
    _guiCamera is specially designed for controllers and does not interfere with other Components.
    See "zExamples.unitypackage"

14. Victor-K

Victor-K

See "zExamples.unitypackage" and read the documentation for correct controllers setup.

15. super-cypher

super-cypher

does this 'still' not have playmaker actions for it? just about every other touch input system does!

i can get you a free copy of playmaker if you wish to make the actions? and all you have to do is look at other actions to see how its done, for a programmer its very easy. if you can make this asset then playmaker actions will be a breeze...

16. Avalon3D

Avalon3D

Hello, I have seen this touch controller for mobile and after trying the demos I think that it can be very good and well done, but I have a question, the demo I am really interested is in the First Person demo.

what happens with the weapon and crosshair of the player when using this asset? How is controlled?

I mean that there is a dynamic joystick to move forward, backward and sideways, and the left touchpad to be able to move the camera anywhere you want, and I like this much but I wonder what happens when you need to control the weapons of the player?

There is no buttons shown on the demo to fire the weapon or to switch the weapons, and also how would you control the weapon and the crosshair?

NOT FIXED FPS CROSSHAIR?

Furthermore I have also another important question for me

Almost all the First Person games I have seen have the crosshair of the weapon fixed in the center of the screen, but I do not want to have this

So before buying it I want to know if this can have a 3D crosshair, or an crosshair that is independent of the camera, as I want to have a weapon that has a free moving around screen crosshair (I mean that the weapon can move around and not fixed to the center) as I have a rotating minigun that want to move around

I have seen that there is a FPS demo where you can move the camera look to any position in 3D space, BUT the problem with FPS is that the crosshair always follows the camera in the center, and you can´t move the crosshair freely.

Here is one example where the weapon is a mingun that moves without having to fire always to the center of the screen

Thanks very much

17. thomas4d

thomas4d

I unpacked tck_Base but getting this Error when i unpacked tck_uGUI

Assets/TouchControlsKit/uGUI/Scripts/Editor/PrefabCreating/PrefabCreatorUgui.cs(81,46): error CS0619: `UnityEngine.Resources.LoadAssetAtPath<UnityEngine.Sprite>(string)' is obsolete: `Use AssetDatabase.LoadAssetAtPath<T>() instead (UnityUpgradable) -> * [UnityEditor] UnityEditor.AssetDatabase.LoadAssetAtPath<T>([mscorlib] System.String)'

edited ->

ok in the manual is say's

step 2 :- .
    Next step is unpack one of three “tck_GuiTexture”, “tck_SpriteRenderer”, “tck_
    Ugui-beta21” packages

I hate to correct anyone English but "one of" means only install one of the 3 packages

what it should say is unpack all three packages.

once i install all 3 the error went away. sorry again hate to correct anyone English.

Thanks
    PT

Last edited: May 27, 2015
  18. Avalon3D

Avalon3D

I think that Victor may be very busy as the last time was in May 3 and now we are in 30 May, and there is no answer to any of the 3 posts after this

19. Victor-K

Victor-K

20. Victor-K

Victor-K

Hello Avalon, sorry for delay(the unity forum not send notification on my email:(), included examples (fps, ball, 2d) are not suitable for creating a game.
    If you need First Person controller, please see my new asset "Smart FP Controller".

21. ptblk

ptblk

This isnt easy to use for non coders. THATS THE REASON WE BUY THESE ASSETS! If i were a coder I WOULD WRITE THEM MYSELF! Simple concept, yet you refuse to take 30mins to make a proper tutorial!

22. ptblk

ptblk

getting a refund your product and service is BS!

23. Victor-K

Victor-K

U must know the programming for using assets in "Scripting" section, this is elementary))

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  24. Victor-K

Victor-K

send me your invoice in bit.ly/vk-Support.

25. ptblk

ptblk

I suggest you take your coder blinkers off buddy, scripting section means you are delivering assets with scripts in them to make people who are artists, live's easier. NOT meaning you need to be a coder.

To prove this, if you look at the modeling section UNDER SCRIPTING you will see mesh baker. Here the dev made over 10 tutorial videos on EXACTLY how to use the asset, ZERO coding required! Unlike you who lives in coderville, thinking everyone who uses unity is a coder. Catch a wake up!

So damn typical, coders with zero PR skills. Just making an asset isnt just about the asset its about how you deliver and make your customers understand how to make use of it, making their lives easier. Elementary really. It isnt easy for people who don't do what you do. The fact that i have to explain that to you says it all. And you so called manual is just 3 pages again filled with code. ZERO instruction on how to make any use of it. Man what a joke!

I have contacted unity already for my refund and false advertising
    'allows you to quickly and easily develop actions based on a touchscreen. Create any touch controllers, from an simple button to an racing steering wheel, and have them working in seconds! '

'What You See Is What You Get, TCK is fully WYSIWYG, very simple setup new controller after creation. '

such BS!

26. Victor-K

Victor-K

1 - Show me a ANY Touch-Input asset that does not require knowledge of programming for get input data.

TCKInput as UnityEngine.Input, see manual and examples.
    EXAMPLE:

void Update()
    {
    float horizontal = TouchControlsKit.TCKInput.GetAxis("ControllerName","AxisName");
    float vertical = TouchControlsKit.TCKInput.GetAxis("ControllerName","AxisName");
    }
    So, it's really hard for artists?.. And need special video lessons for write it?

2 - WYSIWYG, means that after game start you get what you see in editor.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
  27. XCO

XCO

Hello Victor your asset seems very cool would you consider adding playmaker support to it ?

28. Victor-K

Victor-K

Hi there,
    I'm sorry, unfortunately I don't have a time to learn the "Playmaker" architecture. =(
    Also, I don't understand why need "Playmaker" support? The native API and Events is not enough?

XCO likes this.
  29. XCO

XCO

Ah well PlayMaker is for people who dont know programing bro.. :)

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  30. DiscoFever

DiscoFever

Hi,

Quick question here: for the DPad; how to make the 'area' of sensitivity be larger than the sprite itself ?
    I mean, now the sprite reacts when directly hitting the arrow. I'd like this area to be just wider; i've tried to adjust the sensitivity setting but no changes.

Can you please help there ?

Thanks

31. mraak

mraak

Hi, is this compatible with your FPS engine? Do you have any examples how they work together?

32. Victor-K

Victor-K

Hello mraak,

Yes, you need only make changes in "FirstPersonInput.cs".
    TCK Input API works as UnityEngine.Input.

Example:

using TouchControlsKit;

moveHorizontal = TCKInput.GetAxis( "moveJoystick", "Horizontal" );
    moveVertical = TCKInput.GetAxis( "moveJoystick", "Vertical" );

33. Victor-K

Victor-K

Hello PeteLaChatte,

I'm Very sorry for long delay, unity forum engine not notified me new message ;(
    Unfortunately, such function not yet, but you can try to create more empty sides on sprite.

34. tinman

tinman

Great asset! Well done. I have a question:
    With the touch pad, it seems the first drag needs a few more movement pixels before it starts. When I lower the "drag threshold" in the event system (from default 5 to 1), it works as I want to in the Editor with the mouse but still has the same issue on a mobile build.
    How would I go about fixing it?
    Thanks very much!

35. Victor-K

Victor-K

Hello Tinman,
    Im sorry, dont understand, please show the screenshots.

36. danimandiri

danimandiri

Hai, i need help.. Does your plugin can handle the Character 2D, to control like jump, shoot the bullet, throw the bom, select any kind bom and throw it..? If it can, i buy it

37. tinman

tinman

Hi Victor,
    Thanks for the repy. I will try to get that screenshot (or video might be more useful), but in the meantime I have a question about the "fire button" in the first person example. It seems you need to drag outside of the fire button in order for the player to move around (look around with the rotation of the character and the camera). Is there a way that to make it so this movements start immediately on the fire button? So you don't need to drag out of it in order to look around?
    Thanks

38. Victor-K

Victor-K

Hello Tinman,
    Sorry for delay,
    This problem arise of some limitations in "uGUI" interfaces , will try to fix it in a future update.

39. Victor-K

Victor-K

Hello Danimandiri,
    Sorry for delay,
    This plugin only reads finger data and convert it to api input data and events.

40. freedom667

freedom667

Hi Victor.
    I using 1.3 version. When I integrate DPad, giving error in my 2D platformer game. How can i fix this??

DPad Error: 'TouchControlKit.InputManager' does not contain a definiton for 'GetAxisRaw'
    DPad Code
    Code (CSharp):
    1. if(InputManager.GetAxisRaw ("DPad0","Vertical") < 0)
    2.             {
    3.                 if(chainIndex < chains.Count - 1)
    4.                 {
    5.                     timer += Time.deltaTime;
    7.                     if(timer > climbUpInterval)
    8.                     {
    9.                         ClimbDown ();
    10.                         timer = 0.0f;
    11.                     }
    12.                 }
    13.                 else
    14.                     StartCoroutine(JumpOff()); //if there isn't chain below player, jump from rope
    16.             }

Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
  41. Victor-K

Victor-K

Hello, just see it.

42. freedom667

freedom667

i have another a problem with controllers. when i play the game with keyboard no problem moving and jumping normal but when play the with touch controls, player moving and jumping too heavy what's the problem??

43. Victor-K

Victor-K

just see included 2DPlatformer in zExamples folder, "TwoDPlayerControl.cs" for correct example.

44. freedom667

freedom667

thank you very much. i solved thanks.

45. angel_m

angel_m

Hi, quick question:
    How can I disable and hide a button and enable and show it again later?

46. Victor-K

Victor-K

Unfortunately this functionality not yet, but will be in cooming soon update.

47. angel_m

angel_m

Ok, I 'll wait for it, Thanks!

48. coder_for_life22

coder_for_life22

Hello,

I am using the steering wheel.

When my game is in portrait mode the wheel shows up in its correct position. But when I change orientations to landscape mode, the wheel disappears off the screen.

Does anyone know how I can get the wheel to reposition itself when the orientation changes?

49. IndieFist

IndieFist

I have Joystick working, but i want to get values only when Input.GetTouch (0).phase == TouchPhase.Moved
    How can i do it, because with joystick i cant get values from Touch Phases...

50. Victor-K

Victor-K

Hello,
    How to behave other controllers?