Search Unity

Topan Networking Framework

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by DuxDucis, Mar 29, 2013.

1. DuxDucis

DuxDucis

Hey, I just finished a presentable version of my networking framework for Unity, I started this some time ago after testing the few other frameworks such as uLink and Photon. I started this framework because both uLink and Photon can be quite pricy for an indie, or an individual, and let's face it, Unity's Raknet implementation sucks. So here I made Topan which implements the features I've always wanted for networking in unity, but free. Topan is built on top of Lidgren, but lidgren is not fit for a unity game and trying to use lidgren can be very hard. Lidgren is not a full framework and provides only messaging, so I used Lidgren to make my own framework. My samples do not quite show all Topan's features, but there is a bigger picture underneath and I'll keep making samples. Topan is very similar to Unity's Networking in usage, but supports more data type and features, so many unity networking tutorials will be similar to usage in topan, with the exception that topan uses topanNetworkView instead of just networkView, but Topan provides some more things such as using something similar to hash tables in network views for data syncing, byte serialization for custom file types, and more. It is also open source, so not to keep you waiting, here is the link. Enjoy and tell me what you think.

Got my repository up
    https://bitbucket.org/DuxDucis/topan/src

2. Apshai-Arts

Apshai-Arts

Looks interesting, downloading now.
    I know a friend who is working on a network game, I'll tell her to check this out.

3. dilbertian

dilbertian

Has this product been abandoned?

I notice that the Publisher's website is suspended - and there is no publisher contact email or other visible means of contacting the author.