Search Unity

Top down controller variation

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by MODEEEEE, Mar 4, 2015.

1. MODEEEEE

MODEEEEE

Hello i have a top down controller, you can move with w,a,s,d and change rotaion of the player with the direction your mouse is point to.

But i want to change cuz it wont gonna fit top down rpg game, i want to make that no matter what direction he is facing, when he press W he moves forward, A left , D right, based on mouse position, not just camera.

Heres the best explanation:

Code part:
    Code (CSharp):
    1.     void ControlMouse() {
    2.         Vector3 mousePos = Input.mousePosition;
    3.         mousePos = cam.ScreenToWorldPoint (new Vector3 (mousePos.x, mousePos.y, cam.transform.position.y - transform.position.y));
    4.         targetRotation = Quaternion.LookRotation (mousePos - new Vector3(transform.position.x, 0, transform.position.z));
    5.         transform.eulerAngles = Vector3.up * Mathf.MoveTowardsAngle(transform.eulerAngles.y,targetRotation.eulerAngles.y,rotationSpeed * Time.deltaTime);
    8.         Vector3 input = new Vector3(Input.GetAxisRaw("Horizontal"),0,Input.GetAxisRaw("Vertical"));              
    9.         Vector3 motion = input;
    10.         motion *= (Mathf.Abs(input.x) == 1 && Mathf.Abs(input.z) == 1)?.7f:1;
    11.         motion *= (Input.GetButton("Run"))?runSpeed:walkSpeed;
    12.         motion += Vector3.up * -8;
    14.         controller.Move(motion * Time.deltaTime);
    16.     }

2. Timelog

Timelog

Use Transform.LookAt to make the character rotate on around his own transform by setting mousePos as the target. Then just use Input.GetAxis() to get the horizontal and vertical movement.