Search Unity

Tobii unity plugin samples

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by TOBII_Rickard, Oct 6, 2014.

1. TOBII_Rickard

TOBII_Rickard

Hello fellow unity users,

First a little intro about who we are and what we do.
    My name is Rickard from a company called Tobii Technology AB based in Stockholm, Sweden. Tobii is the global leading eye tracking company and has teamed up with premium gaming peripheral leader SteelSeries to bring eye tracking to the mass-market. Our vision is that in time this technology will be inside every computer.

The core tech mentality is non-intrusive eye tracking so everyone can use it. We have accomplished a lot in the assistive technology field replacing keyboard/mouse with eye tracking, but for the consumer market/consumers and games we will keep the keyboard/mouse and use the eye tracker as a third input.

This means you, as a developer and gamer, will be given more options for gameplay. The center of the screen does not have to be the center of the screen anymore, the center could instead be where you look. Please check out Son Of Nor for an example of this. (
    )

For more applied examples in gaming check out http://www.tobii.com/en/eye-experience/gaming/

That being said we do need external developers that is using our SDK’s. With our dev kit you can explore how eye tracking can make your game more intense and intriguing.

Considering Unitys ability to quickly sketch up a new game quickly and being able to polish it, things could be very easily made using the eyetracker and your skillsets.

So, to get to the point.

We are currently curious if our unity samples are good enough and if it's easy to get started with. If you have any feedback don't hesitate to give it to us.

The SDK and samples can be downloaded at http://developer.tobii.com, all you need to do is create an account to download our samples/SDK. You do need a separate kind of hardware to try it out but it might interest someone here that is curious about eye tracking and fiddling with samples!

Worth pointing out is that we've went for minimalistic in the samples to have a cleaner code.

I hope to get some feedback from you all soon! :)

2. virror

virror

Looks interesting!
    You should have included eye tracking in your title to increase the interest, i think most ppl never heard of Tobii and know what its about : )

3. TOBII_Rickard

TOBII_Rickard

That is a good point - that was silly of me to leave out. The fear of breaking the rules and getting the post removed got the worse of me. :)

4. TOBII_Rickard

TOBII_Rickard

The following video is the Son Of Nor developers talking abit about the game while using eye tracking on their devblog.

5. TOBII_Rickard

TOBII_Rickard

The following video is a competition we held here at the office with Sujan McGlynns game "beatSHOT". You can find him on twitter @BurningSushi or his homepage http://burningsushi.com/

beatSHOT is a game where you are supposed to look at the bullseyes at the songs beat in order to score points.

Developed with Unity during a Tobii sponsored hackathon in London at the Scenario bar( http://barscenario.com/ ).

6. TOBII_Rickard

TOBII_Rickard

Today we are proud to present our Number One software release: Tobii EyeX SDK 1.0.

The Tobii EyeX SDK version 1.0 features:
    • Updated client libraries for the EyeX Engine 1.0 API.
    • Updated documentation with new information about EyeX Interaction, the EyeX direct click and the Activatable behavior.
    • A new .NET command line sample to demonstrate the Eye Position data stream with eye position coordinates normalized to the tracking box.
    • A new .NET WPF sample to demonstrate how to use the UserPresence engine state.
    • An updated .NET command line sample, MinimalEngineStates, which now also demonstrates how to access the user calibration profile name.
    • Improved EyeX Framework for Unity that handles Windows screen scale settings in order to avoid offset problems in Windows 7 and 8.
    So check out the samples if you have the time!

For more information go to http://developer.tobii.com/number-one-release-eyex-1-0-0-eyex-sdk-1-0/

7. TOBII_Rickard

TOBII_Rickard

Bartolomeus755 likes this.
  8. ZJP

ZJP

How i missed this thread?!!! :eek:
    Nice product. :cool:

9. TOBII_Rickard

TOBII_Rickard

I'm glad you like it!

Here is another video about how to control storytelling in games! (for replayability for example)

10. TOBII_Rickard

TOBII_Rickard

Hello everyone, a month ago since last update now, alot of things to do with release of the product. (SteelSeries Sentry)

We just released the SDK 1.3 which patches up unity pretty well. Check it out and feel free to give us feedback if there is anything we could do to improve the SDK!

11. Audaray

Audaray

I love the Tobii EyeX/Unity coupling - especially useful for my project. However, I'm finding it hard to incorporate it with triggering events. If there were tutorials or documentation to let us know about how to trigger an event by gazing at an object/ui button for a given time, that'd be great! Currently attempting to work it out, never fear :)

12. takealuke

takealuke

We use Tobii here at Diagnostic Driving (to track scanning in our virtual driving test) it looks like you guys have a calibration API now -- so we can do in-game calibration (Which we've always done via the Tobii application) -- Is there a Unity scene asset that someone has already built for this?