Search Unity

Genesis Code - A must-have for setting up mechanics, scores, and systems for your game!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by pauldelacrz, Oct 14, 2015.

?

How can my Genesis Code script better suit your needs as a potential customer?

1. I want to get it, but the price is still too high for me. I'll buy it when the price goes down.

2. I need more screenshots and video demonstrations so that I know what this script is capable of.

3. I would really like to see a webplayer demo of your example scene. It looks pretty interesting.

4. Weekly updates! The asset still needs work but if I see good progress being made, then I'll buy.

5. Your asset is good, just work on its presentation quality so that the information is more organized.

6. Include a free link to your documentation so that I know what to expect after buying the script.

7. Your asset already suits my needs very well! I'm going to buy it right now!

8. Create a lite version of Genesis Code so that I can test out a couple of features for free!

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. pauldelacrz

pauldelacrz

===

Testimonials
    "I've bought a ton of assets and this was one of my best experiences on store!"
    "I was able to swap entire player characters and cameras on a single button press w/o any code! Very powerful tool in the hands of non programmers!"

--- Louis Sineni

"I am a C# coder and this is saving me tons of time, simplifying my workflow. I don't want to write scripts for every damn thing, this makes that happen."
    "My wife knows nothing about programming nor wants to learn but has an idea for a game. I showed her this and she is already making a silly scene by herself!"

--- Chevy Monster

Covering the Basics (Videos)

(Click here for more videos)

Store Description
    Requires Unity 5.2.0 or higher.

With Genesis Code, you have the power to CREATE or DESTROY any game object you desire, just from a single Unity script!
    Just insert the Genesis Code script to the object or prefab of your preference, and adjust the settings to cater to your liking! Pretty soon, your game will have its very own cycle of self-modulation, automatically destroying and creating game objects whenever you see fit!

Featured Conditions:

Start: Performs an action once when this script is first enabled.
    Always: Performs an action for every frame after this script is first enabled.
    On Trigger Enter: After this script is first enabled, an action will be performed for every frame so long as this object’s trigger touches the collision object's collider.
    On Collision Enter: After this script is first enabled, an action will be performed for every frame so long as this object’s collider touches the collision object’s collider.
    On Controller Collider Hit: After this script is first enabled, an action will be performed for every frame so long as this object’s controller collider touches the collision object’s collider.
    On Mouse Press: Performs an action once after your mouse button is pressed on top of this object’s collider.

Featured Actions:

Create - Either creates new prefab instances or instantiates clones of a pre-existing object.
    Change - Changes one game object into another game object.
    Destroy - Destroys a game object. Useful for reducing lag in your game.
    Teleport - Teleports a game object to another position or to a random position within a given area.

Other Features:

Data Translation - You can easily assess what the script will do after you've filled in the blanks, because this script is able to summarize the inputs and data into comprehensible English statements at the bottom.
    Script Notes - Because these add-ons hold a lot of data, you can create custom titles or notes for your scripts that can help you identify them even after minimizing the content.
    Intuitive Interface - You don't have to worry about filling in multiple text fields; the interface adjusts itself for your needs using graphical Unity elements.
    Warning Tips - Help boxes are available to serve as warnings or tips to prevent further complications with the game objects.
    Multi-Object Editing - You can edit fields of multiple objects simultaneously, just like in the default Unity interface.

Important Note: The seller reserves the right to change the price of this asset at any point in the future and I will not refund the difference once the price is reduced. On a positive note, all future updates made to this script will be free of cost for all purchasers of this asset! Don't worry, I've got your glitches covered!

Release Notes

VERSION 1.7 (1/13/2016)

Because of the massive amount of changes that have been made to the Genesis Code interface, I decided to compile a summary of the most important modifications.

One of the biggest changes involved adding a couple of actions and conditions that focused on more interactive game mechanics like input buttons, forces, and swapping places. In addition, I have also replaced some of the checkboxes with buttons that change color in order to save a couple lines of space in the Genesis Code UI; the remaining checkboxes give you the option to either maintain the rotation of the action objects or adopt the rotation of the origin objects.

Arguably the biggest change that has been made thus far, however, is the ability to display a list of variables on the game screen. This will help you out tremendously if you're aiming to implement a realtime scoreboard for your game's UI, but it can also be useful for storing an invisible set of values that only you will be able to see by unchecking the Text component. The variable system is pretty limited so far, but I'm definitely planning on adding more to it as I make additional updates to Genesis Code.

VERSION 1.3 (11/14/2015)

Component Compression - The minimize/maximize button and the script note title have been compressed together to reduce the amount of space they take up while the script is minimized.
    On Key Press Condition - A new condition has been added to Genesis Code that allows users to program in-game actions through keyboard inputs. It comes with a list of computer key names that users can enter at the Input Key text field (no quotation marks please)!
    Origin Buttons - Users now have access to buttons which can reset the script's positional values back to (0, 0, 0). The Almost Origin button is ideal for spawning rigidbody objects that will burst out in random directions from an origin position.
    Rotational Shifts - When a game object changes from one form to another, users will have the option via checkbox to let the affected object either adopt the new rotation or keep its old one.

VERSION 1.24

- Fixed a glitch that prevented objects from teleporting to different positions every wait time interval.
    - On continuous actions, probabilities will succeed as intended because now, the success rate is handled on every interval rather than the first interval.
    - Fixed a critical error regarding namespaces that prevented users from building their scenes as an executable file.

VERSION 1.22

- Integrated the GenesisCodeEditor script into the GenesisCode script so that there's only one script.
    - Removed the spacing inbetween the Origin Object property and the Position property.

VERSION 1.2 (10/14/2015)

- Fixed a glitch that causes collision object fields to become null when the wait time is greater than 0.
    - For all conditions other than the start condition, the timer will automatically reset to 0 after it reaches the wait time and the timer will only continue if the conditions are still being met.
    - The serialized property list for the editor script has been condensed.

What are you waiting for?! Considering all the amazing features and capabilities this script has to offer, $2 is reasonable price!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 5, 2016
  2. sicga123

sicga123

Already bought the script. Haven't had time to try it out much yet too busy, definitely something I will make use of at some point.

3. pauldelacrz

pauldelacrz

Hey, dude! Thanks so much for buying my script! It sucks that you're a little busy, but on the good side, my Genesis Code asset will definitely save you some extra time from having to code how objects will behave. What type of game are you working on right now?

4. IanStanbridge

IanStanbridge

Hi can this tool spawn an object a random distance in between a minimum and maximum distance from a given gameobject and then move that spawned object relative to that object after it has been spawned if the object specified is moved in the scene ?

Also does it contain its own pooling system so you can change one gameobject to another one at runtime without a performance penalty or is it designed to work with other pool systems ?

Thanks,

Ian

5. sicga123

sicga123

I don't think there is a game that couldn't use this script, I'm not using it because the coding is done and I'm just polishing the art so no point inserting a script into a finished game. I'm just finishing off an hidden object puzzle adventure game but other than it being done, no reason the genesis code script could not be used in a game like that.

6. pauldelacrz

pauldelacrz

Just like Sicga mentioned, the functionalities of my script can be applied to a wide array of video games. In regard to pooling systems, the old object will be deleted and the new object will be created at that location, so there shouldn't be any performance issues there. Your first question was hard to visualize but I'll answer to the best of my ability: you can spawn objects at a given area relative to an origin object, but if you want them to move around in a path, you have to add an animator with animations. The animation should be set to move around the position 0, 0, 0. I hope I addressed your concerns so far. Reply back if you have any more questions.

7. pauldelacrz

pauldelacrz

Alright, awesome! I checked the poll and I noticed that someone was interested in assessing the script's documentation so that they know what to expect for the script. Because of that, I uploaded the documentation to this forum thread and it's now completely accessible by everybody. It should give you a better glimpse as to what to expect after purchasing my script.

I will also include a link to the documentation and a link to this thread in the Genesis Code asset store page, but it usually takes a couple of days for the the updated metadata information to be approved. In the meantime, I will also try to post more screenshots and demonstrations to clearly highlight what this script is capable of.

Stay tuned, guys! I'll be posting updates to this thread pretty often so that other game designers are aware of the progress this asset is making.

8. pauldelacrz

pauldelacrz

I've featured new demo videos on my second post: the Genesis Code Challenge series! I believe that it can be a fun yet effective way to showcase the functionalities of my script asset. I'll be posting updates pretty regularly so feel free to check back here every now and then for new information!

Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
  9. pauldelacrz

pauldelacrz

I've just posted the Genesis Code Challenge #2! Do you think you guys will be able to successfully complete this challenge without my script? Post a video and share what assets or techniques you used! I can't emphasize enough just how useful my script would be for trying to create, change, destroy, and teleport objects! It's only $2.99 and I guarantee you this asset will be worth every penny!

Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
  10. pauldelacrz

pauldelacrz

I've just posted the Genesis Code Challenge #3! This video demonstration showcases my asset's ability to simulate weather and other potential particle effects. The first video demonstration showcases its ability to teleport and change objects, and the second video demonstration showcases its ability to create realistic smash animations. I hope that they properly inform you of just how much a single Genesis Code script can do!

11. pauldelacrz

pauldelacrz

After a busy period of having to deal with college homework and tests, I was able to post the Genesis Code Challenge #4! This demonstration video showcases my asset's ability to simulate the game mechanics of being able to shoot explosive projectiles. This could be especially useful if you're trying to make static 3D shooter games that involve firing at moving enemy targets, but my script can certainly be handy for other potential game mechanics as well! I hope that my demonstration videos properly inform you of just how much you can do with single Genesis Code script!

12. nasos_333

nasos_333

How is the teleport handled ? Is it instant ?

13. pauldelacrz

pauldelacrz

Yes, the teleport is instantaneous so long as the wait time property is set to 0 seconds. The teleport is handled by obtaining the object's transform and changing every single positional value to the one you set up on the Genesis Code position property.

14. nasos_333

nasos_333

Thanks for the clarification

15. pauldelacrz

pauldelacrz

No problem, dude!

16. paulojsam

paulojsam

from what i have seen, the spawn, destroy is activated by trigger.
    Does it have a randomized function and a timer also

17. pauldelacrz

pauldelacrz

Just to clarify, all actions (whether it involves spawning or destroying objects) can be activated through 6 different conditions. It is not just limited to being activated through the On Trigger Enter condition.

Start
    - Performs an action once when the script is first enabled.
    Always - Performs an action for every frame after the script is first enabled.
    On Trigger Enter - After the script is first enabled, an action will be performed for every frame so long as this object’s trigger touches the collision object's collider. ("this object" refers to the object the Genesis Code script is in)
    On Collision Enter - After the script is first enabled, an action will be performed for every frame so long as this object’s collider touches the collision object’s collider.
    On Controller Collider Hit - After the script is first enabled, an action will be performed for every frame so long as this object’s controller collider touches the collision object’s collider.
    On Mouse Press - Performs an action once after your mouse button is pressed on top of this object’s collider

To answer your question, my script gives you the capability to create objects at random positions within a given area. It also gives you the option to perform actions with a probability of your choosing. A 50% probability will mean that there's a 50% chance that the script will perform the action and a 50% chance that it will do nothing.

With regards to timers, my script will give you the ability to set a wait time (float value). Wait times represent the amount of seconds that must pass before the script performs or repeats the action. All conditions and actions give you access to the Wait Time property and it can be incredibly useful for orchestrating chronological game mechanics.

Reply back to me if you have any more questions or concerns, and I will try to address them as soon as possible! Thank you for your interest in my Genesis Code script, and I hope you have an awesome day!

Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
  18. pauldelacrz

pauldelacrz

If you guys have any more questions, please don't hesitate to ask! My Genesis Code script is capable of many different functions and I'm currently working on a new asset that contains improved features from Genesis Code and it also gives you the ability to manipulate in-game variables in the process!

The other asset I'm selling right now on the Unity Asset Store is a simple Wood Carvings font that you can get for a really low price of $0.09! Feel free to check it out here: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/43701

Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
  19. pauldelacrz

pauldelacrz

I'm also working on a Unity game right now called The Apple Tree, and many of the challenges I encountered while developing the game had been overcome through creating this script. I might be able to publish The Apple Tree game by the end of this year so stay tuned!

A couple of innovations have been made through the development of my game, The Apple Tree. Many of those solutions have been incorporated into the Genesis Code script for present and future application. After discovering the Unity Asset Store, I realized that it was the perfect opportunity for me to sell this amazing asset to the rest of the Unity community!

The three main game development goals I was able to accomplish after building the Genesis Code script:
    - Spawning objects at random positions within a given area
    - Performing actions after two non-trigger objects collided with each other
    - Recycling objects by teleporting them rather than destroying them.

This script has spared me from so many potential bugs and issues and I hope they will do the same for you and your game projects as well! Thanks for checking out my Genesis Code script, guys! I hope you all have an awesome day!

20. pauldelacrz

pauldelacrz

Right now, I'm considering creating a website for my Genesis Code asset to improve my presentation quality. I think my script still lacks credibility in some areas, but I can definitely address that through an impressive web page display of all its features. You guys can definitely look forward to seeing more updates of Genesis Code sometime soon, so keep your eyes open!

21. pauldelacrz

pauldelacrz

Hey, guys. I just want you all to know that I am always open to addressing concerns. I have just had a customer contact me through my email: paul.dela.crz@gmail.com He needed help accomplishing a specific task through Genesis Code and I was able to assist him with that. Now, the issue has been resolved and he has been utilizing the rest of my script's functions ever since! If you need help with ANYTHING regarding how to use the Genesis Code script, please do not hesitate to contact me at my email or through private messaging! I assure you I will respond back to the best of my ability!

22. pauldelacrz

pauldelacrz

Awesome news! I just got my first five star review from a satisfied customer! You can check it out at my Asset Store page here: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/44955

Quoted from a kind reviewer, Louis Sineni:

Really great simple yet extremely powerful script!

I've bought a ton of assets and this was one of my best experiences on store! Author was very quick in answering my emails and even extending functionality!

I was able to swap entire player characters and cameras on a single button press w/o any code! Very powerful tool in the hands of non programmers!​

23. pauldelacrz

pauldelacrz

I've just added a new update for Genesis Code yesterday. All that's left to do is to wait for the Unity Asset Store team to review it and accept it so that it can be public. Be patient for it typically takes them up to 5 days to review version changes and metadata changes made to assets.

24. pauldelacrz

pauldelacrz

Alright, I just updated my forum page for Genesis Code so that it includes more information and links regarding what it can do and how it can benefit you.

25. dyox

dyox

Challenge #4 2m30s : ( just for fun, but i used 2 scripts) (i've also done challenges #1 and #2)

Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
    Yukichu likes this.
  26. pauldelacrz

pauldelacrz

Hey, that's not fair, you used TWO scripts for this challenge! :p But no, man. That's quite impressive. Did you perform a couple of practice runs or have you been learning C# programming with Unity for a while now?

Sigh..! I can't believe you were able to get that far! From now on, I need to make my challenges much more challenging. ;)

27. pauldelacrz

pauldelacrz

I've been trying to promote this asset onto other avenues so that I can get more sales. As more people purchase this script asset, I will be making more major updates so that Genesis Code can provide more functionality in the future.

28. Chevy-Monster

Chevy-Monster

Great tool, already using it.

Since I haven't yet looked at the documentation, lol, I was wondering if there was away to apply force / velocity instead of the transporter type of movement? The idea is to hold down a button and have acceleration in that direction for the player object / vehicle.

dyox likes this.
  29. pauldelacrz

pauldelacrz

Thanks for buying my tool, Chevy! I'm glad you like it so far!

With regards to applying forces and velocities, this will definitely be something I'll try to implement in the future. Right now, it's pretty limited with regards to forces and velocities, but there is a way to make objects move in a straight line using the Always condition and the Teleport action.

dyox likes this.
  30. pauldelacrz

pauldelacrz

Awesome news, guys! The view count for this forum thread has reached a record high of 1000 views! More people know about Genesis Code than ever before and this will be an amazing opportunity for them to be able to use a simple, yet powerful tool that will speed up their process for game objects forever! The sales count has been pretty promising and I plan on getting this asset into the hands of many more people in the future!

dyox likes this.
  31. dyox

dyox

:). Congrats, i hope your asset will become popular. Nice solution.
    Good luck Gamer91112 ;)

32. pauldelacrz

pauldelacrz

Thanks a lot for the support, Dyox! I hope there's still the possibility that you'll be a satisfied customer as well!

33. pauldelacrz

pauldelacrz

Here are some more good news! I just got my SECOND five star review from a satisfied customer! If you're hesitant to buy this product, these reviews will assure you that this product is well worth the price! You can check it out at my Asset Store page here: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/44955

Quoted from a kind reviewer, Chevy Monster (Thanks again for the feedback, Chevy!):

Simple to use, powerful to build with.

Easy to use, the plain English description at the bottom is priceless.

Chain Genesis scripts on a single object and / or chain objects through the Genesis scripts.

This is exactly how I like to build my toy box before building a map or scene. I am a C# coder and this is saving me tons of time, simplifying my workflow. I don't want to write scripts for every damn thing, this makes that happen.

My wife knows nothing about programming nor wants to learn but has an idea for a game. I showed her this and she is already making a silly scene by herself!

Thank you : )

PS - I am running this on Unity 5.1 and it works, so there you go.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
  34. pauldelacrz

pauldelacrz

Today, I have just replied to all of the Genesis Code reviews I received! Since both gave me such positive feedback, I thought it would be appropriate to send them sincere messages of gratitude on the product page. It was amazing seeing how much of an impact my asset is making one person at a time. If you haven't bought my Genesis Code script yet, I urge you to buy this tool! You might not believe what I have to say about my own asset, you can certainly check out the 5 star reviews I had on the Unity Asset Store page to see what others thought about it: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/44955

35. pauldelacrz

pauldelacrz

If anyone needs to access the list of updates I made on my Genesis Code asset, I have uploaded a text file on this thread titled 'Release Notes.' It gives you a complete list of all the glitches that I've fixed and all the improvements I've made since Genesis Code's first release. Here's a list of my most recent updates so far:

Version 1.24:
    -- Fixed a glitch that prevented objects from teleporting to different positions every wait time interval.
    -- On continuous actions, probabilities will succeed as intended because now, the success rate is handled on every interval rather than the first interval.
    -- Fixed a critical error regarding namespaces that prevented users from building their scenes as an executable file.​

36. pauldelacrz

pauldelacrz

If you have already purchased my asset and found it to be incredibly useful, be sure to give Genesis Code a high rating! I noticed that some of my customers have given positive reviews but the ratings don't show up at my Unity Asset Store description. I did not know how to rate my own downloaded assets as well, but I soon figured it out.

Here's how you can rate my assets:
    1. Log into your Unity account in the Unity Asset Store.
    2. Go to the very top of the page and click on the download icon (the icon in-between the home icon and the shopping icon).
    3. Look for my asset in the list (Genesis Code or Wood Carvings Font).
    4. If you were satisfied with my asset, please rate it 4 or 5 stars! It will show up next to my asset's name if you rate my products this way.​

37. pauldelacrz

pauldelacrz

For all my potential and paying customers, thank you so much for your contribution and support! It really means a lot to me and I would never have progressed this far with Genesis Code if it weren't for all of you. I have added a section in my forum thread dedicated to honoring the testimonials I've received from satisfied customers, so if you haven't bought my asset yet, my testimonials will give you a really good sense of what my tool can offer!

Thanks a lot for the support, guys! Have an awesome rest of the day!

38. pauldelacrz

pauldelacrz

If you're a customer who has previously bought my asset and you were satisfied with your purchase, please feel free to share this tool with the rest of your Unity game developer friends! I'm confident that they will be able to utilize my Genesis Code script with their prototypes, games, simulations, and ideas! I don't want any Unity game developers to miss out on such an awesome opportunity, so please help me spread the word!

39. pauldelacrz

pauldelacrz

Someone voted in my poll and suggested that I improve my asset's presentation quality to make the information appear more organized. As a result, I have come up with The 5 Main Steps of Genesis Code. These steps will be demonstrated via animated GIFs with very little text so that it is easier to understand. Over time, I will continue to make changes to my thread presentation so that it will appeal to a much wider audience and better demonstrate what my script can do.

40. pauldelacrz

pauldelacrz

Version 1.3 of Genesis Code is about to come out really soon, and I want to share with you all one of its main features.

Component Compression
    One of the major changes that I have made to Genesis Code is a slight modification to the component's original design. In previous versions, the minimize/maximize button and the script note title took up a lot of unnecessary space. With this current version, I was able to condense these widgets into a space that takes up only one line of text. This allows users to create much longer chains of Genesis Code script components with less concern over how much space each script component takes up.​

41. pauldelacrz

pauldelacrz

Version 1.3 of Genesis Code is about to come out really soon, and I want to share with you another one of its main features.

On Key Press Condition
    This has been a feature that was suggested by one of my customers and it allows users to program in-game actions through various keyboard inputs like 'space' or 'enter.' As of right now, it performs actions once when you first press the key, but in the future, I would like to add options to let users perform actions continuously when a key or mouse button is being held and non-continuously when the key or mouse button is released. I understand that keys and mouse buttons are core mechanics of many game genres so I hope you guys find this feature useful for your Unity projects!​

Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
  42. pauldelacrz

pauldelacrz

Version 1.3 also includes some new buttons that will automatically set the position to the global origin.

43. Chevy-Monster

Chevy-Monster

Nice that you are adding key press actions. Very much needed : )

44. pauldelacrz

pauldelacrz

Thanks, Chevy! The new Key Press condition is definitely something to look forward to. I will continue to add more features to Genesis Code so that it can be useful for a much wider array of tasks.

45. pauldelacrz

pauldelacrz

Amazing news, guys! The Unity Asset Store has approved my changes and Major Version 1.3 has been released to the public! In addition, I have reduced the price of Genesis Code from $5.99 to $2.99! This is an incredible opportunity for a wider array of potential customers to try out this tool, and just like with my Wood Carvings Font, if sales go really well, I might consider keeping this reduced price or even lowering it further! Stay tuned for more updates to Genesis Code, for this won't be the last you'll hear of it!

46. pauldelacrz

pauldelacrz

Alright, so I think I will probably set up a weekly sales goal of $10. I have reduced the price of Genesis Code down to $2.99 due to the severe lack of recent sales, so if the demand is able to keep up with the weekly sales goal of $10, I'll probably keep or lower the price.

47. pauldelacrz

pauldelacrz

I have just updated this forum thread to feature the Genesis Code challenge videos as a demonstration showcase. Hopefully, I will be able to find the time to create new demonstration videos in the future. The next step for me with regards to updating my forum thread involves adding descriptions for these clips.

48. pauldelacrz

pauldelacrz

Sales has been really low for this Genesis Code asset lately. In the past, it received one sale for every 200 forum views, but now 1000 views have passed by without a single sale. I'm not sure if it's because people don't typically buy game assets or work on their game during holiday season, but whatever the case, I need to understand what's causing the hesitation in purchase. If anyone has any ideas on how to improve my presentation, or if anyone has any suggestions for what I need to include, please do not hesitate to share your thoughts with me by posting on this thread.

49. Player7

Player7

well the animated gifs are blurry and small.. I mean 'still' screenshots that clearly show the ui would be better (at least put such things int he pdf doc, it really is just a wall of large text that could do with images)

most the video's have almost half a screen with a desktop and timer showing (overlay timer better, and I see the timeline on youtube :D) I mean we all get assets are meant to save devs time, but videos should either serve as showing example finished scenes or going through a setup in either explained or paced in a way that lets you annotate extra info in the video.. I just feel like the code challenges videos weren't that helpful as they were rushed. Basically I only got a lot of what this asset does from the detailed video.

Also should use range sliders on some of the options instead just sliders, ie for creation count x amount of objects that can be inbetween a range would be better than having the same amount of objects everytime.

http://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/EditorGUI.MinMaxSlider.html

does it do object pooling? someone else asked, but you said the object gets destroyed.. that would say you're not familiar with what objecting pooling is meant to achieve (have a look at some of the other store assets) .... might be a good feature to include in your assets capabilities as it sure would fit what this does, and be a good performance and easy to use with your asset handling it.

50. pauldelacrz

pauldelacrz

Hey, Player7! Thanks for the constructive feedback! I will definitely be working on making changes to my overall presentation so that potential customers are better informed as to what this script can do and why they should purchase it. I will try to put as much of your suggestions into effect as possible, for you have made some really impressive points.

I'll start off with your first suggestion: my current plan of action for that issue would be to maybe replace the animated GIFs with high-quality still images that use arrows, text, and symbols to demonstrate what the user has to do. I don't want to have to resort to using blocks of text to explain the process for I know that it would be a TL;DR moment for many viewers.

If anyone opposes this change to the thread presentation, please do not hesitate to express your concerns via forum post. This is all a collaborative effort and I want to make sure that this thread is aesthetically pleasing for everyone who views it.