Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Tire Simulator - Control a massecare car tire!

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by NinjaRubberBand, Jul 26, 2014.

1. NinjaRubberBand

NinjaRubberBand

NOTE: I KNOW I SPELLED MASSACRE WRONG IN THE TITLE

Heh, i been knowing this movie for pretty long time called "Rubber". Its a movie which is as weird as Sharknado. I thought it was an old movie released in the 70's but its actually a movie from 2011.
    Which just makes it more weird.
    Well the movie is about a car tire, which drives around and somehow can explode things which is in a radius around it. So i thought it could be fun to make a game about it!

But before i know it was from 2011, i began making this game. Right now you control a car tire and can drive around. But when i found out the movie was from 2011 it sort of ruined the idea. Because i wanted to make it of of an classic movie. Not some new movie which was a flop.
    So now i don't know if i want to keep the character as a car tire, or i should find another idea what this tire could be (like a donut or something).

What do you think? Should it remain a car tire, or should it be changed to something else, and what else should it be?

Here is a youtube video showing some footage :)!

What do you think of the idea?
    Well i personally think its weird as hell, but that what makes it funny.

UPDATE:
    I made a webplayer, so u guys can try some of the current gameplay, which is the controls, and some WIP enviroment ;) Also the cactuses flyes up in the air when hitting them. Explode particle system will come later.
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/88871818/Tire/Webplayer.html

Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
  2. Goregaming

Goregaming

This is getting out of hand...

SememeS likes this.
  3. NinjaRubberBand

NinjaRubberBand

How can this be out of hand? If you mean the simulator stuff, its just a part of the early development name.
    If you want to criticize i would love to hear why. And not just "This is getting out of hand...".

joni-giuro likes this.
  4. carking1996

carking1996

I think it looks cool. Needs to be squished a bit on the bottom to simulate the pressure, man. Or somethin like that.

5. primus88

primus88

Frankly I don't know why this could not be a simple successful mobile game.
    Just add different tires (color, size) and attributes (durability, grip, acceleration, ).
    Also, for the fun factor, just offer the player the chance to drive the tire into cars, humans, pets... etc. Explode them, set them on fire, dismember...

Frankly the more retarded or absurd an idea is, the more success can have. Just look at goat simulator. If I came to you one year ago and told you I'm making goat simulator you would tell me that i'm high as f..

6. NinjaRubberBand

NinjaRubberBand

I know, thats what im going for ;-)!
    But its not a full time job, and im still studying so im not going for a game that is the next thing. But ill see how it ends :)

7. joni-giuro

joni-giuro

Even if the movie was from 2011 it doesn't mean you have to drop the "vintage" idea.

8. Goregaming

Goregaming

I meant the simulator stuff, don't get so defensive I was just saying. First we had driving simulator to toilet simulator to goat simulator to polar bear simulator to rock simulator now tire simulator. That's what I meant by "Its getting out of hand" I don't know what way you took it but, it was not a form of rudeness or discouragement. I think your game is pretty cool. Keep it up, keep working hard.

jtok4j likes this.
  9. babaji1234

babaji1234

I would love to drive a tire around in a desert!!! :) Looks pretty fun, add some customisation and an environment and it will look pretty cool.

10. NinjaRubberBand

NinjaRubberBand

Who doesn't want to ;)

11. NinjaRubberBand

NinjaRubberBand

Just a little update:
    -Added new wheel: The other one was not legal for commercial use.
    -Added animation when letting go "a" or "d". If you see in the video, it turns back with a eye blink, that is noe fixed.
    -Added catuses that explodes and flyes up in the air if you drive into them.
    Screenshots comming soon, and im planning on making a webplayer, so you can try the controls.

I started making the enviroment and experimenting with the look.

If you have any ideas that could be fun in the game, i would love to hear them!

12. NinjaRubberBand

NinjaRubberBand

13. babaji1234

babaji1234

agreed

14. Razputin

Razputin

I approve of this game.

15. NinjaRubberBand

NinjaRubberBand

updatepic.JPG MAINMENU.JPG Still working on the terrain, i never really worked with serious terrain before now so its a challenge for me :)!
    Here is a picture of some of the terrain, looks a little bit boring but everything looks boring in the start! (Mostly everything)

I also created the first version of the main menu.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
  16. NinjaRubberBand

NinjaRubberBand

Main Menu WIP:

MAINMENU.JPG

17. NinjaRubberBand

NinjaRubberBand

18. jkarateking

jkarateking

Please make a new video to show off the new terrain and main menu :)

19. NinjaRubberBand

NinjaRubberBand

As soon as the terrain looks good i i will! :)

20. the7347

the7347

that no two wheels??

21. carking1996

carking1996

Go bake the lighting.

22. CaoMengde777

CaoMengde777

makes me think that instead you could have that mclean monocycle ...

lol ->

23. TOBII_Rickard

TOBII_Rickard

Considered making it tony hawk style with score for doing tricks/blowing S*** up with alot of comedy elements? (otherwise it wont be successful) The video above this is touching on this point aswell.

24. CaoMengde777

CaoMengde777

lol i hope i didnt make you sad .. :( .. lol i just thought it was kinda funny, i just watched those videos, and then i found this forum thread ...
    your game i think isnt as bad as those peoples games

25. jtok4j

jtok4j

So, true, then there's bear simulator, and grass simulator... what's next?

Shoutout: LOVE THE IDEA! Can't wait to try a demo/play it.(Will do now.) :) Personally, I think it's something outside of the box, where people's heads will turn when they see it. It's a good idea! :)

26. jkarateking

jkarateking

Is the game still in development?