Search Unity

TimeTracer - 2 weeks after soft release - some statistics and analytics

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by casperjeff, Aug 16, 2014.

1. casperjeff

casperjeff

Ok - While my potential polish and feature list is long, I pushed a functional game out the door to Google Play store 2 weeks ago. Game was free - no ads, no IAP.

No marketing, no advertising, no real attempt to - other than a few notes on google plus and these forums (and my IndieDB page).

I included google analytics in my game to track players and activities.

82 installs.
    44 of those installs are still installed.

My analytics show me 77 distinct users, 146 individual sessions.
    Average session time is 6.5 minutes.

Users from 21 different countries (roughly half were in United States).

Nobody has 'beaten' the game yet - about 'halfway' is as far as people have gotten (I wonder if I introduced a bug at the last minute).

Five 5 star ratings (3 of those were from friends) and 3 actual reviews (from friends).

A couple of misc overseas websites (really just play store listing clones) have mentioned the game - but just a copy of my play store listing - no real discussion.

IOS (app store) submission was rejected due to 'crash on launch' (known Unity issue related to splash screen - I updated unity version and rebuilt and resubmitted - still waiting.

I also launched on Amazon store for $.99 (no sales yet) if only to try to get featured as 'free app of the day) - wasn't expecting any sales.

If anyone has any questions - I'd be happy to answer them.

2. casperjeff

casperjeff

I will be working on formal trailer and gameplay videos (once IOS version is accepted) and start a small marketing push. I might work with an AdBuddiz to add some advertising once all of that is in place.

3. casperjeff

casperjeff

IOS release is out (1 day so far)- some updated stats

18 Days of data.
    Analytics show me total (across android and IOS) 160 distinct users with 268 sessions.
    Android developer console shows me 123 installs with 57 still installed.
    ITunes Connect shows me 31 'purchases'.
    Was neat to see analytics when Apple testers use the app from Sunnyvale....
    35 different countries.
    60% of all sessions/screen views come from non-US countries.
    Longest session durations came from Chile and Argentina (both over 10 minutes long)

Again - no marketing yet - still need to finish up trailer and gameplay videos.

4. ZooP

ZooP

Looks like a successful release to me:)
    My Asteroids remake has only about 60 downloads after two months:(

5. casperjeff

casperjeff

Looks pretty slick (installing now).

That being said - I posted on a few sites (indiedb, unity forums, toucharcade, etc) as I was developing - so I'm sure a couple of my downloads came from that minimal marketing.

My goal is 10,000 distinct players in 12 months - I've got some work to do!!!
    (sitting at 200+ after these 3 weeks)