Search Unity

Tiled Map Tearing Problem (with Tiled)

Discussion in '2D' started by Jogabba, Aug 27, 2014.

1. Jogabba

Jogabba

I'm using Tiled and Tiled2Unity to use maps in Unity, and there seems to be a tearing problem between tiles. When the camera moves, it's easy to see some dark lines between them. I've heard that extrusion or tile bleeding may be a solution for this, yet I'm not sure if this works with Tiled.

I mean, if my tiles are 200x200, and I just extrude them one pixel, I'll have to tell Tiled that every tile is 201x201. Then, as the mapped file considers that every tile is 201x201, there isn't any actual bleeding, and the problem should remain.

I don't know if I've explained myself properly. What I'm trying to ask is if it's possible to use extruded tiles with Tiled. Which plugin should I use if it's not?

2. Kawaburd

Kawaburd

I've had some frustrating issues with this myself. Is your 'pixels to units' set to 1 on all your tilesets in the editor? I've heard tearing has to do with the camera reading 'partial' pixels. If that alone doesn't help, set your camera to round (snap) to the nearest whole unit every frame.

Should work in theory, I havn't had the right opportunity to test this though. Yet.