Search Unity

Third Person Game Foundation Kit [RELEASED]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by JanDawid, Jul 15, 2015.

1. namdo

namdo

So I just found out about this kit and it looks really amazing. The jump physics seem too floaty right now, can they be changed?

2. JanDawid

JanDawid

Everything can be customised. You can increase the gravity in the Physics settings (I'll add a variable to change in the inspector for the final (upcoming) update), the jump height can be changed for each type of jump and mid-air control (sensitivity) can be set as well. If you ever need a hand trying to change anything then you've got my support. ;D

3. Hamesh81

Hamesh81

Sure that makes sense. I do have a vaulting animation but it does not have root motion, it is an inplace vault. I noticed that the included pullupledge animation does have root motion, so I assume my animation would not work with this correct?

JanDawid likes this.
  4. JanDawid

JanDawid

The animations technically don't use root motion, just kinda act like they do. All you'd need to do is have the animation move and the collider will stay in place and then warp back to the model when it's finished.

5. HighKeys

HighKeys

Hello,

first at all: your pack are amazing!

At the moment i dont had bought your Asset, but at the First of March i will buy it.

I just had one question, when will you release the V2 of this asset?

6. JanDawid

JanDawid

Hey there, thanks for the kind words. :D

At the moment I've been terribly swamped with other projects and, at the same time, finding ways to improve the asset. I want to release this final version to a degree of perfection that will unfortunately take just a little more time. I'm hoping that by the end of March it should be finished as, in a short while, one of my other projects will be on pause, giving me some extra time.

HighKeys likes this.
  7. HighKeys

HighKeys

First of all: WOW great response time dude! :D

Oh okey sure i can understand this.

can you tell me, when i buy the asset and start with making my game, can i easy update the asset to the new version in my project, or does it have some major changes that i must start with a new empty project?

And with the Animations, i'm not soooo good at animating, can i use as an example a package like this https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/38814 ?

Thanks for your answer!

8. JanDawid

JanDawid

Hey again, :D

Unfortunately, due to the monolithic structure of my code, and updates to the code will update the entire script. This was an oversight on my part back when I published this asset as I was generally inexperienced with the whole asset-making idea. Thankfully, it's only one more update that, when it's uploaded, that's it.

And animations are animations; if you want to drag in an animation into the states in the Animator controller then luckily that's all you'll have to do. :)

HighKeys likes this.
  9. Bhanshee00

Bhanshee00

Hi there Jakeiiii! I just bought your kit. I was so happy to find something like this that mirrored exactly what I wanted to make. I had been contemplating getting one of the other third person camera solutions, although in the back of my mind I knew they weren't going to be a great fit with what I wanted to do. Then I stumbled upon your kit. Everything, right down to how you handle/display the health and the weapons/power-ups was exactly what I was looking for.

But ... (there's always a but isn't there, lol) when trying to run this inside Unity I keep getting the following error message when I press play:

ArgumentException: Input Button ActionButton is not setup.
    To change the input settings use: Edit -> Project Settings -> Input
    GamePadInputs.Update () (at Assets/Third Person Kit/Scripts/Character & Camera/GamePadInputs.cs:53)

I've tried going into Edit>Project Settings>Input, but I am sufficiently new to Unity than I am unsure as to what I am supposed to be setting up, and what it is for. I'm guessing it's looking for gamepad settings? I'm not using a gamepad, just mouse and keyboard.

Anyway, I appreciate any help you can give. I know it's probably something very simple but I'm still such a noob at using Unity.

Also, I want to give you a big thank you for putting so much time and effort into this kit. It really is amazing! It makes me excited to see what I can achieve with this, without having to spend so much time on the boring stuff first (like coding a third-person controller, inventory system etc.).

EDIT: OK, never mind. I guess it helps to read the manual first! lol Everything is working OK now. Man I feel dumb. :/

After having a play around can I make one possible suggestion? Would it be possible to have the player able to move around corners on ledges (if there is an equivalent ledge around the corner) just like you have programmed it on the climbable fences?

Anyway, now that I have 'found' the manual I am going to have fun diving into it and the kit's contents. Thanks once again for your awesome resource! :)

Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
    JanDawid likes this.
  10. JanDawid

JanDawid

Hey dude!

So glad to hear how pleased you are with my asset, I did my best, haha. Sorry about the input issue, it gets everyone and it's completely my fault for not including the file in the asset (though that was due to me misreading what the submission guidelines were saying).

I'm currently not planning on adding any more features so unfortunately I won't be including that in the upcoming update, however it is entirely possible to do by just have the character constantly facing the wall in front of them and if the gradient is to change then they'd spin around the face the new wall.

All the best,
    Yan

Bhanshee00 likes this.
  11. HighKeys

HighKeys

HeyJakeiiii,

can you help me to set up the NPC Script?

I just played around a lil bit with the asset so maby i just didnt see it.

How can i set up the Cam Target for the NPC Script? I used your Prefab for npcs and Set all things in the INspector but the cam goes out of the map.

https://i.imgur.com/fSSF2Ve.png

thank you!

JanDawid likes this.
  12. JanDawid

JanDawid

Hey there,

For the object that has the NPC script, scroll down (in the Inspector) to the field that says 'Dialogue' with the little arrow next to it. Open that up and give it a size of 1 or more, this will create a dialogue element. For that element, scroll down to where it says 'Camera Focus'; just drag in whatever transform you like into that box and the camera will focus on that transform during that dialogue element. :)

All the best,
    Yan

13. HighKeys

HighKeys

Oh my gosh, i rly didnt see it!! I'm Sorry for that :)

Thanks for your fast help!

14. Hamesh81

Hamesh81

Hi Jakeiiii,

How is the progress going on version 2.0? I am excited to test out the new and exciting features you have planned. Any ETA on v2?

Thanks,

Hamesh

JanDawid likes this.
  15. JanDawid

JanDawid

Hey Hamesh!

Glad to see you're still hanging around. :D Version 2.0 has been put on a hiatus over the last few months. I've been working on a new project and commission, alongside also sorting out my wedding as I'm getting married on the 5th (yay). Shortly after that, when the commission is finished and my wedding planning is out of the way, I should have plenty more time to get back on version 2.0 and release it in the near future. As for an ETA... May? Might be sooner but we'll see.

All the best,
    Yan

16. JanDawid

JanDawid

The final version is on its way! Here's what you can look forward to:

NEW FEATURES:

+Weapon/Item usage; there will be some examples (sword and shield (dual wield or solo), bow and bombs) as well as instructions on implementing your own.
    +Dynamic Camera; the camera will move around corners if the player isn't controlling the camera (free cam) and can look down when atop cliffs and adjust accordingly when the character is moving up/down a hill.
    +Picking up and throwing/placing objects; turn the asset into a basketball sim.
    +Multiple hidden FPV meshes; for if you want more than just the head mesh to be invisible when in first person.
    +Toggle jump cancelling a roll; can the character come out of a roll by jumping?
    +Cancel jump in mid-air; essentially a ground-pound.
    +Adjustable climbing speeds; can be set in the inspector.
    +Jump from ledges while hanging from them; no need to pull up anymore, you can now jump.
    +Gravity variable; adjust the intensity of the characters gravity without touching the physics; make weightier jumps.
    +Instructions for using a Humanoid armature.

BUG FIXES / ADJUSTMENTS:
    -Unity 5.3.4f1 compatibility.
    -Non-inverted y axis for swimming now works like it should.
    -Comes out of first-person view if forced into it when crouching beneath something.
    -Running animation is fixed (normalized); will not start sprinting when holding a diagonal direction.
    -Jagged movement in FPV fixed; no more shaking objects when strafing and turning the camera.
    -Refined animation playing (no more running in the air or anything like that).
    -NPC array index error fixed.
    -Included Input Manager asset file with the package/asset.

If there are any other bug fixes that need fixing then let me know ASAP. As for features, what's there now is the final cut. I will not be adding any more features so that I can get this finished in a reasonable time. A release in May is looking to be the case, and the cost will be going up to at least $60, so buy it now for $50 to save on the final version!

And while this will be the final version, if any big issues arise that need fixing then I may release small updates to simply patch those issues. I may also release certain features from this asset (e.g. the NPC system) as separate, cheaper solo assets. If there's anyone that wants one specific feature from this asset (that isn't too tied-in with the core mechanics, e.g. any platfroming features) then let me know and I'll consider releasing it on its own.

Until next time... have a good day! And remember to contact me for any questions/help. :D

Hamesh81 and ElectroMantis like this.
  17. ElectroMantis

ElectroMantis

Cool stuff, looking forward to it.

I had just migrated to 1.5 a few months ago and ran into some speed issues with running and the rolling. I would imagine normalizing the speed value might do the trick though.

There was some other glitch I don't remember atm. I'll see if I can record a video of the glitch tomorrow.

18. Hamesh81

Hamesh81

Great news :)! I've sent a PM about the glitches/fixes.

Not sure exactly what the above feature means. Does it mean jump from ledge to ledge or jumping up? I quite liked the v1.5 ledge pulling up, since I am using it for a survival style game, where the player is struggling up each ledge. Maybe there could be a toggle to choose between pull or jump, to allow for flexibility?

Thanks Jakeiiii, keep up the great work!!

19. JanDawid

JanDawid

@SecondBake Thanks! Yeah the speed was a bit dodgy, but it's fixed now. I've been using this asset in some proper scenarios now so I've got a better eye for odd movements. Alright, cool! Let me know if there's anything else that needs fixing.

@Hamesh81 Awesome, I'm adding the issues to my list now and I'll PM you back.
    That feature means that, when you're dangling/hanging from a ledge, you can just jump from that state rather than be limited to pulling up and dropping. I'll definitely add the customise option.

Cheers guys! Glad to know you're all still sticking around. :D

20. JanDawid

JanDawid

Version 2.0 Update
    The swimming (water box) mechanics have been revamped! The entire collision system is now in the character's script and the WaterForce.cs script only deals with the camera collision for changing the water color (fog color and density); this means that you can set each body of water to display a different fog effect for the camera. The WaterForce.cs script no longer requires each water body to have a unique ID, so there's less for the user to worry about when using them.

You can now have multiple intersecting bodies of water, that can be entered from any angle/side and they work with both diving and swimming. The bodies of water don't need to have just a box collider, but can use Sphere, Mesh AND Box colliders.

There's more information coming, so stay tuned... and excited. :D

wowsies.png wowsies2jp.jpg

Attached Files:

21. garcia-raul

garcia-raul

I know I already ask it, but are there any knews about using touch events to manage inventory?

22. Alverik

Alverik

I just discovered this asset and I must say it looks amazing. It's what I've been wishing for, for a long while, specially since I'm not much of a programmer. the camera and movement style from Mario 64 and Zelda 64 and beyond are truly legendary. All that's holding me back from buying this right now is 1. my current budget, 2. the fact that 2.0 still isn't out and that 3. I don't know how well the asset will work with a few other plugins/assets (mainly Rewired, The dialogue system and cinema director).

To be honest I was rather surprised why such a great looking asset was so hidden in the asset store... my first thought was because of the name, as it's a bit generic... some people get away with using names like that, because they're usually already well known asset developers or because they spend every moment of free time, or waking moment, advertising themselves.

Anyway, I'd really like for this asset to get known more and to grow, so I'll give you a few pieces of advice - which you can take with a grain of salt.

1. When the asset become solid in 2.0, or even now maybe, go ahead and talk with the developers of other major assets, so they can help you create integrations for their systems. Trust me, non-programmers will thank you. Also, Integration doesn't mean you have to do all the work yourself, a lot of developers will be happy to coordinate efforts or even make integrations by themselves if they take an interest in your asset. Another great effect from this, is that they will probably end up advertising your asset through their own assets too.

To start, at the top of my mind come a few assets which I think would work great with your asset: Incontrol, Rewired, The Dialogue System, Love/Hate, Playmaker, Behaviour designer, A* Pathfinding Project, Realistic water, Playway water, Cinema director, SLATE Cinematic Sequencer, uSequencer, maybe even Adventure Creator and whatever else you think could mix well. (By the way, I see the Dialogue System doing great stuff with this asset, I'm sure Tony Li would be happy to help with the integration, he's a really nice guy)

2. When you reach 2.0 try to make a sample video with more impressive models and effects. Great looking overview videos sell assets. The most impressive, the most epic, the better. (Think trailer music, the sink, everything). There's nothing worse than an asset that relies entirely on the description text (which you haven't done, but the better the trailer the better for the asset).

3. Every some time try to go on sale, even if its by a tiny bit (mind you, I'm not sure whats the least the asset store allows...). Basically, assets which go on sale are displayed on the main page, which is great advertising. I'm sure a lot of assets go on sale just for that reason. So even if you're only lowering $5 do try to go on sale every now and then to let people know you exist.

4. Whenever it's possible, and not rude, do try to advertise yourself in the forums. For example, whenever you find someone asking about how to do or get an asset which does a feature your asset already has. Or inside a forum page from an asset that might work well with yours (in which case you could just drop by to let the developer know about your asset, which would be fulfilling point number 1, killing two birds with one stone)

Anyways, I hope I didn't say anything you might have found offensive. For now, I'm gonna stay tuned and wait to see how 2.0 turns out. Hopefully my budget will have loosened up a bit by then.

Last edited: May 11, 2016
  23. Gherid_lacksGPS

Gherid_lacksGPS

Yes, it's a great asset that needs more shine around these parts. There are a few solid character systems out now, each with a different approach towards gameplay intentions. I've said it before and I'll say it again, this asset provides amazing gameplay / platforming mechanics. I agree with many of the points above. I think one issue may simply be presentation. At first glance it looks kinda funky, just because of the animations / models / textuing. But there is a VERY solid system underneath it all.

Alverik likes this.
  24. tomraegan

tomraegan

Hi. Congrats on your great work. I've demo'd it many times and just love it.

Bought the kit today and am trying to get it set up.

Edit: A little help please:

I've got everything pretty much working (the HUD etc), except for character control.

I'm on Windows. The supplied demo scene works perfectly in my module..the keyboard successfully controls the character. In my custom scene, however, my keyboard doesn't work...there's clearly some crossed-wires.

I've attempted to find how to fix this but cannot. Could use a hand.

Edit 2: Ok...collisions. I've customised the collision layers and suddenly my animation problem is fixed. I've still got controller issues, but progress is being made.

Edit 3: I can now successfully apply my own terrains to the demo scene, which is perfect for now while I'm learning the system.

Phew!

Last edited: May 15, 2016
  25. JanDawid

JanDawid

Hey everyone! Sorry that I'm only replying now as I've been away this week. :)

@Alverik Thank you very much for your interest in the asset and for your kind words. And even more thankful for the advice, I'll definitely take everything you've said into consideration. I think it definitely is lacking in presentation so I may take the time to delay the asset further to make it prettier and more appealing/marketable. And I really appreciate pointing me in the right direction for other assets to integrate with; I'll have a look at them and maybe get in touch with the developers. And I've definitely thought about promoting/putting it on sale at some point, and that's good advice on even just taking off $5 for the placement on the front page. Again, this is some top-notch advice and I greatly appreciate it. Thank you! :D

@Gherid_lacksGPS Thanks for your kind words! My specialty lies in the programing/architecture/engineering so I'd agree that the underlying system is what shines in my asset, while everything else (presentation wise, like you said) is okay at best. I'll definitely look into improving the presentation.

@tomraegan I'm glad to hear you're getting use out of my asset, and thank you for purchasing it! About the controller issues, have you downloaded the Input Manager project setting asset file and put it in the Project Settings folder? Here's a link to DOWNLOAD the file. I'll include this file properly in the final version.

So yeah, glad to be back and I'm excited to get this asset finished. Like I just said, I'll need to take some more time to polish up the presentation of the asset, and contact some developers for integration with other assets. It's delayed again (but not by that much) but it'll definitely be worth it. The more time I take on this asset, the better the product I can deliver. :)

Alverik and ElectroMantis like this.
  26. Alverik

Alverik

Great to hear that!

By the way, there's another piece of advice I'd like to give you. If you still have the code for the UI system you had at first, the one which worked with OnGUI/Legacy (old UI system), and it does stuff that uGUI can't, then you should consider putting it in your asset anyways.

I've experienced a few assets which still use onGUI optionally, they just give you a way to choose (or mix) between the two systems. Adventure Creator is a great example of this. The developer created his own GUI management system based on OnGUI/Legacy (made it very easy to create GUI by the way), but also later added the option to connect uGUI canvases in the system (by creating a canvas prefab and linking them to the menu system using ID/references.. much easier to do than it sounds though). So, in AC whenever you want to make a menu you have two choices: you can either opt for using Adventure Creator menus, which only allow transition animations the developer added himself, but is super easy to use; or you can create your own custom GUI using uGUI, to which you can add animated transitions to your liking, but is harder to use. The cool thing is you can use both at the same time that way.

Also, you should consider this: by what I've heard the legacy GUI is used heavily on the Unity editor, so it can't just be deprecated... Simply put, uGUI's just made it unnecessary to use Legacy components when developing (Because uGUI is more robust and easy to use in the editor), but I haven't heard of any plans to actually deprecate it yet, because it's still the medium asset developers and Unity staff use to create menus for the editor... and as I hear there's also still programmers which prefer to use it when coding (though, I'm not sure if it's because it's more convenient or simply because they're already used to using it...)

Anyways, like last time, take my advice with a grain of salt.
    Cheers!

27. lofwyre

lofwyre

HI Jakeiiii

Just purchased the controller and am looking forward to integrating it into our project. Do you think in a future update you could work out a way for the character to fly?

Cheers
    Matt

28. JanDawid

JanDawid

@Alverik Ah yes; I don't think I will go back to the old GUI system. It is very inefficient as it has to be drawn (in-code) every OnGUI (essentially every frame). With this it's MUCH easier, and vastly different from the previous (older) GUI system, so I think I'll keep it with just the new way. But, once again, thank you greatly for your advice! :)

@lofwyre Thank you very much for purchasing the asset! Hope you get lots of use out of it. ;)
    Like I said, I won't be adding any more features to the current set. It should be rather easy to create on your own, and there are multiple ways it can be done. My advice is make a bool state 'isFlying' and during this, constantly have a velocity going in the direction of the character's transform.up, and then rotate the character on their transform.right and transform.forward with the horizontal and vertical axes. If you need help then send my a message and I could go into more detail.

All the best, guys! :D

Alverik likes this.
  29. lofwyre

lofwyre

Hi

Thanks for the quick reply. I couldn't import the inputmanager.asset, Unity doesn't allow it because it has a global game manager. How do I setup the new inputs?

30. JanDawid

JanDawid

Hey there,

That's very strange. So you can't just drag the file into Project Settings? You may have to manually input the names yourself; you can find a full list of them in the User Manual document supplied with the asset. They can be added by going to (in the Editor) Edit > Project Settings > Input, and have the joystick num to 'get from all joysticks'. I'll look into this global game manager and how it affects the input importing. :)

31. lofwyre

lofwyre

OK I sorted it out, the InputManager.asset needs to be file copied into the project settings folder (i.e. for windows in file explorer). I was trying to drag the file into unity.

All good now. Cheers

32. Alverik

Alverik

Hey, nice stuff in your website. From the pictures I can tell all your prototypes look really nice. Also great art for just prototypes. But, you should update the examples, if you have the time, the web player is in the process of being deprecated, most latest versions of most browser won't play it anymore, because they've all deprecated a key component of the web player... so, got to use WebGL now, bleh...

33. tomraegan

tomraegan

Hi there again.

I simply want the camera to stay in BehindMode when running around, but force the camera to actually stay behind the character more aggressively than it does currently. I've got a lot of tight spaces and the camera needs to be faster to get behind the character.

Is there a setting in the script itself to modify camera rotation speed when in BehindMode?

34. JanDawid

JanDawid

@Alverik Thanks for noticing. ;) I've realised that the web player hasn't been working much lately and I just thought it was something wrong on my end, haha. Yeah I'll definitely convert the demos to WebGL, shouldn't be a difficult conversion. I did spend quite some time on those prototypes, I was aiming to basically make entire games, but it proved too ambitious at the time. I reckon I'll finish Cloudy after I've gotten my current projects out of the way, but it'll need some revamping.

@tomraegan The behind mode only really has the camera move forwards/backwards, other than that it just stares at the character (which causes it to rotate). In order to rotate it faster left/right then it'd actually require the character to move faster, so just change the characters maximum speed to a higher value. But if you're aiming for dynamic movement then my update will have you covered; however I'm not sure if that's what you want here. Do you have a drawing to explain this better? If you mean rotating the free-camera left/right around the character (by input) then just up the free rotate speed (horziontal/X) value in the inspector for the camera. :)

Alverik likes this.
  35. tomraegan

tomraegan

Hey Jake.

It's pretty simple (in my mind :), but I often get things wrong).

When the game starts and you move, the camera follows you. You turn a corner and the camera turns slowly to end up behind you again. Currently it tuns slowly to catch up. I'd like it to turn faster so that it was almost a follow cam with a little dampening to keep it smooth.

Not sure if it's possible.

Last edited: May 20, 2016
  36. JanDawid

JanDawid

@tomraegan Hey again! I think I know what you're getting at; I'll start a private conversation with you so that I can walk you through a solution. ;)

37. tomraegan

tomraegan

I've been playing around with the ledge and ladder system, which is just terrific. How good is jumping and sticking to the ladder!

I've got some (hopefully) re-produceable bugs. My geometry could be the problem, not your system.

1. I've put a ladder against a building's edge.

Starting on top of the building, if you run at the ledge (autoledge jump disabled) and not slow down as you hit the edge, the animation can freeze with Proto's body at a 45 degree angle, feet out over the edge. No button or keystroke can exit the frozen animation. This happens about 50% of the time for me.

2. If Proto runs to the edge and begins climbing downward, then I change direction and climb back up without first climbing to the bottom, I cannot climb over the top ledge of the ladder.

Apologies if someone else has has already mentioned these.

Thanks Jake.

Last edited: May 22, 2016
  38. JanDawid

JanDawid

@tomraegan Hey Tom,
    Glad that you're enjoying the asset so much! :D
    Thanks for notifying me of these bugs; about 80% of the bug reports are to do with climbing so I'm thinking that I might rework the climbing system completely and see if I can make something simpler and less buggy.
    No need to apologise! I appreciate all the help I can get. ;)

All the best,
    Yan

39. ElectroMantis

ElectroMantis

LadderArray.cs
    (Sort of like blender's array modifier)

Here's a stupidly simple script that should help with setting up ladders! No more setting up ladders by hand!

Update:
    I've updated the script, download below ->

Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
    Alverik likes this.
  40. ElectroMantis

ElectroMantis

I initially set up the script to also generate one main collider so one wouldn't have to have so many duplicate colliders. As it turns out, the character controller finds the top of the ladder based on the localScale of the ladder object, not the box collider dimensions.

Also the ladder's parent must be in the middle of the ladder for some reason. Beforehand, I had the script start instantiating the prefabs at the parents position, and then work it's way up, but then the controller still couldn't find the top. Now, it keeps the parent in the center. and it works...
    Edit: Turns out that the ladder's position doesn't matter in this case. The problem was caused by something else. I'm not sure what though.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
    Alverik likes this.
  41. ElectroMantis

ElectroMantis

Update to LadderArray.cs

I made an update to the script. You can now choose between a ladder or a fence, and position the array at the middle of the object (center) or the bottom corner (root).

I've also set up an option to generate a gameobject with a box collider that's scaled to the size of the array and sets it to the correct layers / tags. This is handy if you don't want so many colliders in your scene, as your prefab object doesn't need to have a collider attached using this method.

1. Attach LadderArray.cs onto an empty game object
    2. Select a prefab object
    3. set the array type (ladder / fence)
    4. Set the amount of duplicates
    5. set whether to set up a collider
    6. Hit the Generate ladder button
    7. Done!

Enjoy!
    This is the final version as far as I'm concerned. Hope it helps someone!

Attached Files:

Alverik likes this.
  42. tomraegan

tomraegan

Nice! Will give it a try.

43. ElectroMantis

ElectroMantis

@Jakeiiii Any update on the progress of version 2.0?

Alverik likes this.
  44. Alverik

Alverik

Yeah, I would also love to hear anything about 2.0 :)

ElectroMantis likes this.
  45. JanDawid

JanDawid

Version 2.0 Update
    Hello all! Sorry to keep you in the dark for so long; I've been working hard on the asset and at my job so time has been flying by for me.

I have managed to make over 20 significant/noticeable changes to the asset since my last post (whether they're glitch fixes, system changes or all-out new features) and I am making great progress on the final version.

Thankfully I'm nearing the last few steps of the creation of version 2.0 but it'll still be a bit more time since new suggestions have popped up. I will take the opportunity to contact developers of other assets to confirm integration and compatibilities so that people are more comfortable with using this asset in existing projects or wish to have it work alongside other assets.

So the remaining things to do are as follows:
    -Fix remaining glitches (only a handful now)
    -Further testing
    -Repeat the above two steps if needed
    -Improving presentation (animations, models and overall appearance)
    -Integrating with other assets
    -Documentation and User Manual updating
    -Marketing (trailer, screenshots, advertising, sale planning)
    -Release

Depending on the circumstances at my job and how long the integration process takes, this can take anywhere from 1 to 3 months, but rest assured, this asset will be released at the best quality I can possibly make it at this current time. It doesn't look like I'll have any further delays from this point, so I think an August/September release is the most likely.

Bhanshee00, ElectroMantis and Alverik like this.
  46. ElectroMantis

ElectroMantis

Sweet. Thanks for the update!
    Need any testers? ;)

Alverik likes this.
  47. magique

magique

I was just about to buy a similar platformer asset when I discovered this one. It looks to have all the features of the other one and quite a bit more and now I see even more on the way. I have been looking for something like this for a long time. I am almost certainly going to pick this up. My only concern is that version 2.0 is still 2-3 months away and it seems to have quite a few fixes included in it. I'm leery of getting an asset that is too buggy and thus unusable. If I encounter glitches are you going to be able to help resolve them in the current version? Thanks.

Alverik likes this.
  48. magique

magique

Well, I decided to take a chance. I went ahead and purchased this and will be trying it tonight. I hope that support is good for this and that there aren't any show stopper bugs.

JanDawid and Alverik like this.
  49. JanDawid

JanDawid

@magique
    Hey there, nice name! ^_^
    Thanks for purchasing the asset! The current version that's out now is definitely a solid build, and isn't the first version anyway so it's a vast improvement from the initial release anyway. It does have some bugs and issues that have been addressed for the final version so not to worry!
    I'm always available to be contacted and try to resolve any issues, though I won't be able to just send the current build of the final version over to you (for more reasons than just fear of leaking it).

I hope that you enjoy the asset in it's current state and definitely look forward to the final version! :)

@SecondBake
    Hmm I may need testers at some point down the line. I'll be sure to let you know if I do. ;)

Alverik likes this.
  50. JanDawid

JanDawid

Attention all!
    After weeks of ironing out bugs, the asset is in a much more solid state (but not perfect, mind you). So, before I do the finishing touches (such as make it prettier, confirm integrations and go on to do the documentations and so on) I'd like to make sure that the asset is as bug-free and solid as possible for the final release.

This is why I need some external testers, which means some of you guys will get to experience the final version before others and be the last to suggest improvements and fixes.

So how will I select who will be a tester? Well:
    1 - You must already own the asset, and may need to show proof of purchase if I'm not 100% sure you already own it.
    2 - You will download the current version via a repository through SourceTree, so knowledge of the program is helpful but not necessary.
    3 - Be able to do proper testing; write down all information possible when you encounter a bug and be available for discussions regarding any found bugs.
    4 - Have a Skype account for easy contact.
    5 - Agree to a non-disclosure agreement written by yours truly (nothing shady, just so I can trust you not to redistribute the final version before it is officially released... not that it's okay to be distributing the asset otherwise).

This is also unpaid so do not expect any form of payment from me for participating as it's purely a voluntary act. The most I can do is credit you in the documentation, so you'll have that. :)

So yeah! There are some new surprise features to look forward to, so there's that to entice you into testing; and the asset's that much closer to being finished. I'm only looking for about 3 testers or so, so if you aren't selected then take no offence as it's basically first come, first serve (assuming you can meet the above criteria).

Start a private conversation with me on here if you're interested! Be sure to have proof of purchase ready if I don't already know you own the asset (@SecondBake it's cool, I know you own it), but others I have to just make sure.

Alverik likes this.