Search Unity

the third person character in sample assets beta, add animation...

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by eaque, Aug 21, 2014.

1. eaque

eaque

hi guys,

I'm trying to tweak the third person character controller made in "sample assets beta" cause it moves just the way i like (walk run crouch jump) and it's already optimised with 1000 fps in game....
    I've started my little project , made a terrain, changed the model and it looks good!

Now i'm trying to add some animations to the model and there are 2 scripts in csharp : "thirpersoncharacter" and a "thirdpersonuser controls". to run the animator

I add my animation state in the animator , i added a new bool called "kick" made a "kick" state with transitions (true and exit time)and now i wanna it to play when i press a button BUT nothing works!!

i try to add lines in both scripts but i get console errors....

If anyone has already tried the same thing cause i know assets beta is a fantastic third person Template, please let me know!!!!!

many thanks in advance

i search everyday, try things....i'm about to back down!

peace out

eaque

2. ScriptKid

ScriptKid

simple idea but maybe not elegant create a new script for animations? like if the objects velcocity greater then a specific number run is true and so on

edit: or a fighting abillity script where u also define the power of your kick and stuff

3. eaque

eaque

thanks for your answer
    why not...