Search Unity

The Restless Divide

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by MichaelHF15, Aug 29, 2014.

1. MichaelHF15

MichaelHF15

Hello everyone! I figured I would show off some of what I have been working on lately, so.. here it goes!

This is the main map of the game. Essentially, the game is a zombie survival game, but I added a secret ingredient which I have always wanted in a game like this. That would be that you can actually play as a zombie, and its going to be fantastic! Just note here though, I am not so much an artist as I am a programmer... Anyways, stay tuned, I will be updating this more later when I have things more organized!

NOTE: The "terrain" is actually a mesh with a triplanar shader on it. The shader includes 12 images, 3 for diffuse up close, 3 for normals, 3 for far away diffuse, and 3 for specular. What I am trying to point out here is that the shader has distance blending, which you can notice if you look very closely. I am also curious if any of you would be interested in me putting it up on the asset store. Bye! :)

*NEW*

Last edited: Sep 14, 2014
  2. MichaelHF15

MichaelHF15

Would you prefer a video of the gameplay? Also, what made you think this was solid and final? This project is still in a VERY early stage. I just wanted to start a WIP thread in case interested people wanted to watch the development.
    EDIT: That was not for dterbeest. However, thanks dterbeest

3. dterbeest

dterbeest

Having a video of gameplay certainly does help. Your OP suggests that there is no gameplay at all, so we kind of figured it was just a terrain...

4. MichaelHF15

MichaelHF15

Well the terrain was the last thing I was working on. It took me forever to make, and I was proud of it lol.. *Not an artist :p

Anyways, I will try to get a video up for you guys by tonight, hopefully with multiplayer as well ;)

EDIT: On another note, the terrain looks 10 times better with all my extra mountains in the BG, I will also grab a pic of that later.

5. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

Which was instigated by you. You've been out of line here; calling people stupid is against the rules. Posting duplicate topics is also against the rules, so I'm more inclined to just delete the off-topic posts here.

--Eric

6. MichaelHF15

MichaelHF15

That would be nice Eric, and thanks! Anyways, I posted a video of my day and night system (WIP) on the indiedb page, if you need any "proof" you can look there for now, and note that I will be releasing much more on Tuesday still. http://www.indiedb.com/games/the-restless-divide

7. MichaelHF15

MichaelHF15

A quick video showing off a few things. The first being how big our map is, second being how much better it looks in-game, and third being working multiplayer. Believe it or not, their is also a lot more going on behind the scenes in terms of code, but I haven't made the UI for it yet, so its hard to tell. Anyways, here it is!

8. MichaelHF15

MichaelHF15

Update time! I have been working a lot on the main menu / login area of the game. Much work has been put in, and finally we have something to show off!

Hope you enjoy! Remember, if you can do some modeling, we could truly use you!
    My email: michael@craftedark.com

EDIT: Please remember, we currently have no real artist.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2014