Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

The Remnant: Tribulation - Preview

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by JamesPro, Mar 6, 2012.

1. JamesPro

JamesPro

Imagine waking up one morning and finding out that everything your family had told you about God was really true. All these years you had rejected your family's beliefs and now your living in a world gone to Hell literally. Your family has vanished along with millions of others and now a mad man claiming to be Christ is taking responsibility for the Vanishings. He is saying that it was for the good of the rest of you yet something doesn't sit well with you. Your Family, Your Children, they wouldn't even harm a fly let alone a living person. Their faith made them stronger people not Violent and hateful.

After you make your decision to Follow the true Christ strange things start to happen. Your home is broken into and you head out on your own to find a safer place. Every step of the way you are hunted and persecuted for your new found faith. You take up arms to defend your self and strike back against the new "One World Government" responsible for hunting you. As the Anti-Christ gathers his armies near Israel and the Wrath of the All Mighty God is poured out on the earth, All events are heading on a collision course for a final show down between Good and Evil! Will you Survive?

The Remnant: Tribulation is a look at what life might be like after the Rapture. It's a RPG 3rd person shooter set in a Dark, Violent, Hateful world. Where all Good has been removed and those left behind are trying to pick up the pieces. As a Christian in this dark world everyone is against you and there is no way to buy supplies of any kind unless you have the Mark... How you survive is up to you!

$The_Remnant_Tribulation_Preview.jpg

2. JamesPro

JamesPro

Here are some more updated Screenshots!

Today I have been creating some new Road Pieces. I am also working on a way to load Parts of the city as the player moves around so the whole city doesn't have to be loaded at run time.

Still alot to do on this initial city but it's starting to look IMO!

$The_Remnant_Tribulation_Preview_02.jpg

$The_Remnant_Tribulation_Preview_03.jpg

3. Meltdown

Meltdown

Looking pretty good so far.

Interesting story too.

4. JamesPro

JamesPro

Thanks. The whole story is based on the Book of Revelation in the Bible, mixed in with my own thoughts on what life might be like. I am getting a lot of inspiration from the Left Behind series of Books and Movies, as well as other End Time media. Right now the only thing in there is Combat because that's really the kind of things most people like to see. lol But there will be quests and other systems in place. Pretty soon I will have drivable cars but I am dreading adding them because I am not sure how my road pieces will be once I include cars and the City is already pretty large...

5. Revek

Revek

I would like to help for free.

I started something similar a long time ago with the same name :p

http://www.moddb.com/mods/remnant-the-reckoning

You seemed to have smothed over the story alot more though also the system resembles gta. Only request is that he use Krav Maga instead of guns. (Krav Maga is the isreali army martial arts.) Please contact me richstricklin@gmail.com

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  6. Cdunn

Cdunn

This kinda reminds me of the movie Constantine mixed with GTA 3 the game...I like it!

Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
  7. dtg108

dtg108

Are you still working on this? I was really interested...

8. JamesPro

JamesPro

I still have the project kicking around on my Hard Drive however I've been hired by a Indie Dev. company working on a MMO so all my personal side projects have been put on hold.

9. thomalex89

thomalex89

This is a pretty cool project keep us informed on how things are going.

10. dtg108

dtg108

That stinks :( I love this idea. Best of luck to you however :)