Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

The Peterson Case (Alien Horror Game)

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Jbaker08, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Jbaker08

Jbaker08

The Peterson Case is an exciting horror game which will keep you on the edge of your seat – play as detective Franklin Reinhardt as you explore a deserted house; unravelling the spine-tingling tale of what has happened to its missing residents. Set in 1947, in a location near the Roswell UFO incident, you will play as a experienced detective who has been called in to find information and clues from around the Peterson’s home, to reveal what has happened to the mysteriously missing family. Franklin soon discovers that there is an unearthly presence within the house who is hot on his trail – but can he solve the mystery before it is all too late? The Peterson Case strikes the perfect balance between atmospheric horror, suspenseful narrative, and engaging puzzles, taking the player through a unique experience which is rare within the horror genre.

The gameplay traverses the player through a 1940s house to which Franklin must collect evidence revealing the families fate.
    Whilst inside the home the player will be thrown into a unique story telling system. Jump into the moments that reveal what really happened to the Peterson Family and solve the puzzles within them.
    The home and evidence is randomised each playthrough and includes fantastic voice acting on each piece of evidence.

The game will have VR capability and is being built on Unity 5.

Influences include P.T,Signs,The Mcphearson Tape , Alien Abduction Stories and The Vanishing of Ethan Carter.

A trailer can be viewed here:

Images and latest news can be seen on our social media websites and IndieDB Page.

IndieDB: http://www.indiedb.com/games/the-peterson-case
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Qu_C_Games
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Quarter-Circle-Games/396202723914573?fref=ts

We hope you like the look of The Peterson Case.

We are also currently on Steam Greenlight!
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=497670939&searchtext=the+peterson+case
    Please check it out if you have time!

Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
    Peter77, Jolkio, Zomby138 and 3 others like this.
  2. Hardstop

Hardstop

The graphics and the lightning look really good also the effort in the details. Would certainly give this game a try. Also reminds me of one horror game based on a room/rooms

3. Jbaker08

Jbaker08

Thanks man , Will show the Alien closer to trailer date.

4. packman-amr

packman-amr

Looks charming .. i am little poor towards cenimatic, lighting and image effect .. but here is my resident evil fan game video if u like to have a look :) :

5. DennG

DennG

Awesome!
    Reminds me of P.T.

6. Darrkbeast

Darrkbeast

Following, looks very interesting

7. Jbaker08

Jbaker08

8. fieldrequired

fieldrequired

Dude that's cool!

packman-amr likes this.
  9. Reanimate_L

Reanimate_L

Too P.T especially the 2nd pic.
    But the art are great nonetheless.
    Also this is just a personal taste might want to remove the lens dirt effect, except if the protagonist are using glasses.

10. AgentParsec

AgentParsec

How are you on music for this?

11. packman-amr

packman-amr

12. inko

inko

@packman amr
    Dude, promoting your game in someone elses thread is not cool! What are you thinking!?

theANMATOR2b, DennG and packman-amr like this.
  13. packman-amr

packman-amr

i was just thinking about that but i accidentally received quotes regarding my project and i apologize ..

inko likes this.
  14. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

For OP -
    Game looks like its progressing well.
    Have you considered changing the name to reduce any negative association with 'The Peterson Case' ?
    Just google it if you're unaware. It was highly publicized and media frenzied over an extended period here in the states. US

15. Jbaker08

Jbaker08

The Peterson Case is now coming to Xbox one and is currently going through the greenlight progress!
    A teaser of the game has been added. We hope you like it!

16. jwilks1991

jwilks1991

Trailer looks awesome, good job :)

17. behemothentertainment

behemothentertainment

Any plans for console release? I can help port if you're thinking about it. Got kits for both systems. How's the development been coming along?