Search Unity

The people behind the asset store shouldn't allow this: Todays's 24hr sell: Cool Space Distortion.

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by TokyoDan, Aug 28, 2015.

?

Should assets by publishers with no website be allowed on the asset store?

Poll closed Sep 28, 2015.
  1. Yes

60.0%
  2. No

40.0%
  1. TokyoDan

TokyoDan

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/33547

Both the Support Website and the Visit Publisher's Website URLs for this asset go to a twitter page. I'd never buy an asset from such a questionable publisher. The people behind the asset store shouldn't let stuff like this on the Asset Store.

2. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

I tend to agree with you, though I have no knowledge of twitter websites.
    I'd think - a support site would at least have a little more information about the asset, that is not covered in the asset store listing. But a lot of support sites only have duplicated information.

3. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

These days it doesn't take much to build a website and even hosting is ridiculously cheap. Although I have bought some assets that haven't had one, most of the time I wont. I figure if you aren't serious enough to have a website for your business, you might not be serious enough to stick around and provide me support if I need it. To me, that is true of any business today. And if a business markets to me with a gmail, yahoo, or other domain that isn't their website, it automatically goes a taste of the spam button. Build your brand already, people! lol