Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

The new Unity store is live

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by SaraCecilia, Jun 28, 2016.

1. SaraCecilia

SaraCecilia

Nerius likes this.
  2. DickFeynman

DickFeynman

Hello,

something which seems have not being specified or I could not be able to find a reference for is a transitioning from a Plus plan to a Pro plan.

If we choose a Plus plan, paid monthly, and for instance we subsequently would like to transition to a Pro plan after 6 months, what happens?

A Plus plan demands a yearly commitment. How does it relates to a transition to Pro plan before the conclusion of said year?

Thank you.

Devil_Inside likes this.
  3. MirunaDumitrascu

MirunaDumitrascu

Unity Technologies

Hello :)

If you upgrade during a commitment period, you will have to commit for a new period of at least 12 months. For example, if you choose to upgrade to Unity Pro 6 months into a 12-month subscription to Plus, you will have to start a new 12 month commitment period for Pro. The old commitment period for Plus will be removed.

You can read more details about upgrading from Plus to Pro during your Plus commitment here in the FAQ in the Renewing, upgrading and downgrading subscriptions section.

4. henriquefaria

henriquefaria

It was said that MWU splash screen for Personal Edition would be customizable (choose background color, etc). Is there an ETA for that feature?

5. hakankaraduman

hakankaraduman

Do we need to download and use 5.3.5f1 to activate plus ?

6. mgear

mgear

No option to pay with paypal balance..? (instead of credit card)

*Never mind, it shows 'pay with card', but still takes from balance first..

Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
  7. orb

orb

Only dollars as a currency option too :/

8. KnifeMedia

KnifeMedia

I just wanna say thanks to UT for listening to our complaints about the custom splash screen. I'm so glad it is full custom now, as opposed to partially on Unity Plus. You got a future customer here for the subscription service :cool:

Is there any way I can upgrade from my Unity 3 Pro license or affect the cost of a subscription?

9. hakankaraduman

hakankaraduman

Anybody able to activate plus ? I downloaded the 5.3.5f1 but editor still doesn't show activation for plus. There are only pro and personal options.

10. MirunaDumitrascu

MirunaDumitrascu

Unity Technologies

It's coming. We're still working on some technical aspects, so stay tuned for more info on this!

Prodigga likes this.
  11. 00christian00

00christian00

It's not clear what some of the features in the chart are, you may want to explain it better.

For example:
    20% of an asset kit. What the hell is an asset kit?!
    It's something like Level 11?

Plus Analytics. What's that? The analytics page make no mentions of it.
    It says "Priority support, Livestream and 2000 analysis points per project".
    What's livestream? It's not a listed feature.

Another thing, it would be better if the "?" other than the small description also point directly to the page of the service.
    Something like :
    Pro Analytics?
    Everything in Plus + 50 GB/month of raw data export, 5000 analysis points per project. Learn more(link here)

12. MirunaDumitrascu

MirunaDumitrascu

Unity Technologies

Yes, sure. If you're still considering to upgrade to a Pro license we will reach you with an offer soon!

Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
  13. TwiiK

TwiiK

Character encoding issues in the store icons! :eek: (see attached image)

Literally unusable.

But I also wonder about some of the things mentioned above me. There's a massive price gap between Plus and Pro, but it's hard to tell from the feature list what you're actually getting for that price.

I have Pro and we all know you only get Pro for the dark skin, but now you can get that skin with Plus as well. Shouldn't they get some kind of crummy Plus skin instead?

Attached Files:

14. MirunaDumitrascu

MirunaDumitrascu

Unity Technologies

Yes, we're aware of this, but for the moment being until we fully update it, you can select 'Pro' and put in your 'Plus' serial. Sorry if it's a bit complicated at the moment, but we're on it!

15. chingwa

chingwa

Webpage will not give me the side by side comparison on standard monitor size. I have to expand my browser window to be wider than the monitor (luckily I have three side-by-side) in order to get the side-by-side comparison.... otherwise they get stacked on top of each other. Main monitor resolution is a width of 2048px.... it really shouldn't take greater than that in order to see the preferred layout.

I hate this trend in websites making all type and line spacing way larger than necessary in order to cater to mobile devices. You could fit twice as much info in there if you scaled back the font/spacing even slightly. Eventually website will be unusable on normal computers and you'll be forced to browse through your phone </rant>

Mark_01 and tango209 like this.
  16. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

Soon as in... September? (That's not very soon ;) )

Also are you going to make offers for plus subs as well? I thought the offers were going to be for pro only.(as it is heavily implied in the faq)

17. hakankaraduman

hakankaraduman

I figured to get my serial, I need to get myself to a seat and wait for the e-mail. I'm sure it will be more straightforward with time. Thanks

18. MirunaDumitrascu

MirunaDumitrascu

Unity Technologies

Hi! More details about existing Pro customers migration process to the new Pro licenses can be seen here, in the Customer Migration Roadmap, and in the FAQ section as you mentioned. We aren't going to make any offers for Plus subscribers. Sorry if I was misunderstood earlier, I have edited my answer now.

AcidArrow likes this.
  19. KelsoMRK

KelsoMRK

Seconding this question. We'd like to use Plus but can't update past 5.2.5 because of changes to lighting introduced in 5.3

20. Balthamet

Balthamet

The "Available soon" on the road map is not really useful at all. Can we get some sort of time frame? From the roadmap it could be anytime from tomorrow until six months from now. Days? Weeks? Months?

21. mgear

mgear

Seems to work fine in older versions, use plus serial to activate as pro.

KelsoMRK likes this.
  22. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

I got an email that mentions September.

23. Balthamet

Balthamet

Thanks. Was there anything else useful in the email. I have not received one yet.

24. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

No, it's more or less a recap of already available info on the pricing and subscription changes.

25. MirunaDumitrascu

MirunaDumitrascu

Unity Technologies

If you have bought it online, then we will contact you with an offer in the time frame July-September.

26. Balthamet

Balthamet

Thank you for narrowing the six month window down to three months. While that is not good news, at least it is easier to plan.

27. Ippokratis

Ippokratis

00christian00 likes this.
  28. arkon

arkon

Is there going to be a better plus price if you are going from 4.x perpetual to Plus? I tried the store out and it didn't ask me for my pro serial or offer any kind of discount based on my profile.

29. aliceingameland

aliceingameland

Administrator

If you are a current license holder, I would wait for us to email you directly with a migration offer. From our blog post today:
    "We haven’t just updated our web store. We’ve also replaced our back end system. As a result, we need to transition existing licenses to the new infrastructure. That’s why we had to launch the new store first before we can send conversion offers to those of you who already have Unity licenses. There’s more information on the timing on the migration roadmap and we will email you as soon as your offer’s ready. Talk to you then!"​

30. Balthamet

Balthamet

Okay. What am I missing? UT keeps pointing back to that migration roadmap like there is something important on it. It is the same "Available soon" since the day it went live.

31. GoesTo11

GoesTo11

With the Asset Kits, do you have to buy the whole kit to get the discount or are the individual assets discounted as well?

32. aliceingameland

aliceingameland

Administrator

They'll be updating the roadmap as they get to each of the groups, but it's a manual process. And no migration offers were sent out until the Store was updated today (due to backend upgrade). As you can see by the map, the next group that will be contacted are current subscribers who purchased online.

The discount is applied to each asset individually, so you don't need to buy them all together.

33. SnowHalo

SnowHalo

So, will Unity Plus have Level 11 access?

34. skullthug

skullthug

Is there anyone I can contact for trying to get priority invite, or at least included in the first batch? I'm currently planning an update in the next month and will be needing to upgrade my license to Unity 5 for it.

35. hakankaraduman

hakankaraduman

I subscribed to plus, when I add asset kits to my kart, they are not discounted. How do I get the discount?

36. arkon

arkon

Cricky I'm in Group 7 or 8, it's going to take ages. With no idea what the offer will be and if it's worth waiting or not.

37. MirunaDumitrascu

MirunaDumitrascu

Unity Technologies

Hello,

Yes, you can contact a sales person in your region to ask more about this matter by filling in this form.

38. MirunaDumitrascu

MirunaDumitrascu

Unity Technologies

Hello,

It can take up to 24 hours for the subscription to be registered in the Asset Store. Try to login/out again and wait 24 hours to see the discounts.

39. orb

orb

Is that some sort of indicator of the popularity? ;)

40. MirunaDumitrascu

MirunaDumitrascu

Unity Technologies

No, Unity Plus will not have Level 11 access as it is offered exclusively to Unity Pro customers - you can also check it here in the Asset Store FAQ section.

41. Deleted User

Deleted User

There is some inconsistency in the terms for Unity Personal on the store page. At bottom it says you can use it only if you've made or raised less than $100k annually, but in the FAQ it uses the term "capacity." My revenue capacity is over $200k if I have full-time contract work at full rate, but actual revenue is typically around $70k (coincidentally, my last six-figure year was just before I started using Unity in 2007). And I don't know how you would estimate revenue capacity for app sales.

42. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

Is Level 11 going to stay around? I thought it was replaced by the asset kit deals.

43. Balthamet

Balthamet

I am a little frustrated. So, a new customer can sign up today with Plus and publish to all platforms without the splash screen. I am currently paying $75 a month for a Pro subscription. So the new subscriber to Plus gets more and pays less and I am left in limbo paying more for less. I just looked at the calendar and realized the next subscription payment is due Friday and realized that I am paying more for less.

I just checked and my last subscription payment is August. So worst case I won't be overpaying for too much longer

Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
  44. aliceingameland

aliceingameland

Administrator

Thanks for pointing this out -- I'll pass it on for someone to look at the clarity of the wording. My understanding is that the rev cap is calculated based on the previous year's income (or funding, as the case may be). Based on what you've said, if you made $70K last year, then you should be able to use Personal without issue.

45. aliceingameland

aliceingameland

Administrator

Sorry about that :/ Unfortunately due to the nature of this change we're making, we weren't able to line up the timings with everything perfectly. You should be one of the next group of people to receive emails from us with a migration offer if you haven't yet, so that might be a good opportunity to bring it up with your rep.

46. Deleted User

Deleted User

My understanding of revenue capacity is based largely on this article (most of the other uses I've seen were for government budgeting)

http://www.legalproductivity.com/legal-billing/get-a-handle-on-your-firms-revenue-capacity/

47. Moonjump

Moonjump

Everything seems very positive with Plus, but I just want to clarify a potential issue for contract work.

The FAQ says:
    And this appears to be backed up in the Additional Terms of the Terms of Service:
    But that is immediately followed by:
    Which seems to relate (b) to earlier in the paragraph where it says:
    This is a little confusing. Can an external contractor work on projects that use a different tier?

If yes, why is content tagged? And how is that tagging used?

If no, things have got worse for contractors as they will need to maintain both a Unity Plus licence and a Unity Pro licence to accept all possible work, even though their income may be intermittent and far below the limits.

Amon and Socrates like this.
  48. Balthamet

Balthamet

So for months I will be paying more than a Plus subscriber and getting less?

malek256 likes this.
  49. Balthamet

Balthamet

I have been trying for days to reach a sales rep without a reply. I get the feeling I won't be hearing anything until after the July subscription is charged to my credit card.

50. arkon

arkon

Hi, Cant you just cancel your pro subscription? I didn't think they were on a minimum 12 month type thing but month to month.