Search Unity

The Intergalactic Trashman - PROJECT DISCONTINUED

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Chemaxmax, Apr 10, 2014.

1. 0tacun

0tacun

Oh wow, impressive work! That looks like fluid gameplay :) and very nice artwork.

2. Chemaxmax

Chemaxmax

Thanks for your comments :)

This is a screenshot of the main character jumping over a planet. This screenshot belongs to a space stage (it's why his spaceship appears), not to a platform stage. We want to update the design of the spaceship and the gas station cause they don't look cool enough.

3. Chemaxmax

Chemaxmax

We've improved the way lava buckets appear. What do you think?

4. zenGarden

zenGarden

Great work, varied gameplay is good.
    Will it be some pure action levels ? like some shoot emm up or racing one ?

5. mcunha98

mcunha98

Really a great game !
    Good luck with this project

6. KheltonHeadley

KheltonHeadley

Keep it up man, really shaping up to something.

7. Chemaxmax

Chemaxmax

Thank you all!

Of course! It will be some special space stages where you'll fight against timer, avoiding obstacles and enemies (as turrets, lightnings or space ships). About platforms stages, it'll be some sceneries where you'll fight lots of enemies and also we'll include some alarms that activate spawn points.

And now, I want to show you what we did last week:

Yep! atmosphere deformation! We wanted to implement this to improve the planetary jumping aesthetic

The process is simple:
    • We created a mesh with 361 vertices (one per each degree + 1 for the center)

• When the player touches the atmosphere, we apply a sine function to the affected vertex position and his neighbours. Every iteration the amplitude and time are modified in order to speed up the bouncing movement, and the result is that elastic effect!

Hope you like it!​

8. Chemaxmax

Chemaxmax

You feel that? The Jelly Mech is coming!

Here you're a video showing the Jelly Mech (a jelly piloting a mech) walking slowly and inexorably towards the main character :cool:

Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
    NomadKing likes this.
  9. zenGarden

zenGarden

ahaha the player character having small moves when the mecha stomp foots on ground is a nice touch.

About characters animations, do you use Spine to export it as some animated gif image, or do you export and use it in Unit yas skeletal animation for charcacters ?

10. ReeRoo

ReeRoo

wooow :). such a great concept for a game, the artwork is amazing. I like the characters, they are all very well designed, the main character is so cute. The expressions of the jelly enemies with the orange hats are really funny. The jelly mech is pretty cool, I like that the ground shakes when it moves. Any idea on when a demo version will be out? cant wait to try it out. will certainly be keeping up tp date with the project, good luck :D. will also drop by on your steam greenlight page.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
  11. Chemaxmax

Chemaxmax

Thanks for your feedback!

We use it as skeletal animations. At this way we can take advantage of all features that spine and their unity/c# runtimes provide (e.g. mixes between animations).

I don't know :D At present, our main objective is making an awesome trailer and launch a Kickstarter as soon as possible cause our financial situation is horrible :( But if all goes well, it'll be our next objective for sure.

12. GeneBox

GeneBox

Beautiful! Love it!

13. ReeRoo

ReeRoo

Ahh, fair enough, sounds like you have a solid plan(along with an awesome game), hopefully it all comes together soon(cough so I can play it :D). I will be sure to check the game out when you are finished with it. Keep up the good work :) looking forward to new updates.

Chemaxmax likes this.
  14. Chemaxmax

Chemaxmax

Thank you very much, @ReeRoo :)

I want to show you a couple of things!

• First, a screenshot of the Jelly Mech jumping to crush the main character. The Jelly Mech's behaviour will consist of chase the main character, jump on him and try to crush him.

• Second, new planet environment details as falling leaves and dynamic grass.

GeneBox, ReeRoo and NomadKing like this.
  15. GeneBox

GeneBox

Fantastic! Love them trees!

16. Kellyrayj

Kellyrayj

Good stuff man!

17. Chemaxmax

Chemaxmax

I love to hear your comments :)

The trashmen's boss animations for the conversation system!

Idle: Talking:
    What's your opinion?

GeneBox likes this.
  18. GeneBox

GeneBox

Love it, although, just maybe, you could make him move his hands a bit more when talking? He's a bit stiff in my opinion.

19. NomadKing

NomadKing

He looks great, but I think for the talking animation a more 'burst of movement' style might work better. At the minute it just like a slightly hyper Idle :p

Best example: Stan from Monkey Island!

20. Chemaxmax

Chemaxmax

@GeneBox @NomadKing Thank you for the feedback, we really appreciate it. You're not the only ones who have complained about the arms, in another forum people have complained about it too. But I talked with the animator and he'll try to solve it :)

NomadKing likes this.
  21. Chos89

Chos89

One thing i'd like to add, the characters and the mechanics look very good but i dont like the background color in some pics you've posted, mainly that purple and blue one. Like they lack something and for some reason that color for me doesnt look good, maybe a different kind (lighter?) or some gradiant? would look better imo

22. Chemaxmax

Chemaxmax

You're right when you say that background lacks something. I think that we should add some background objects or, as you said, a gradiant (like platform stages). About the colour, each planet will have a different colour, so you shouldn't be worry about it :)

And now, here you're a screenshot of a very very early version of a technomedieval stage:

NomadKing likes this.
  23. Chemaxmax

Chemaxmax

In this video you'll see a new space puzzle: the mirror/laser puzzle. The objective is supply energy to the portal that initially it's off. Tha main character must use different levers (yes, that green little things are levers, we'll change their colour) to adjust the angle of the different mirrors and guide the laser to its destination.

NomadKing likes this.
  24. Chemaxmax

Chemaxmax

A little piece of our kickstarter video . The main character's rage! (I know, he needs a name :D)

Kellyrayj and NomadKing like this.
  25. Chemaxmax

Chemaxmax

Tech-medieval extreme platforming!

NomadKing and ReeRoo like this.
  26. ReeRoo

ReeRoo

Now that looks like a challenge :) , its cool the way the jelly enemies are in the background being transported, would be good if the odd one could throw something at the player maybe, or perhaps something funny like two of the jelly enemies fighting on a platform as they go past.

27. Chemaxmax

Chemaxmax

I like the idea of jellies (or a cannon) on background shooting something at the player. Maybe we could include it in a future :)

New jungle stage platforming video :D

Hope you like it!

NomadKing likes this.
  28. MJNuchia

MJNuchia

Absolutely beautiful sir and the game play looks slick!
    Cheers!

29. dqhendricks

dqhendricks

Great looking game. Love the art and the interesting looking mechanics.

30. Chemaxmax

Chemaxmax

Thank you all! :D

At long last, a new update!!! <party> This is the first version of the HUD :cool:

The speed of the panels is not final, we've to define it. Also we should replace the current font with a "computer style" one.

31. Chemaxmax

Chemaxmax

More new stuff! In this video we show the inseparable friend of our hero who, as him, has no name :D (Provisionally we refer to her as IA).

NomadKing likes this.
  32. Fordster

Fordster

Great job, looking forward to giving the demo version a try. :)

33. BeefSupreme

BeefSupreme

Everything about this looks amazing! Very nice.

34. Chemaxmax

Chemaxmax

Thank you guys :)

New stuff!!!
    We've developed an "item launcher" system. In this video you'll see our hero launching grenades. But there're also mines and decoys, we'll show them soon. As usual, it's an early version, sound and graphics are not final, specially the explosion :D

Kellyrayj, ReeRoo and NomadKing like this.
  35. ReeRoo

ReeRoo

Ooh that's cool, I like the sound of being able to launch decoys too, makes for good tactical Gameplay. The little follower is pretty cool too. The game seems to be progressing very well, any idea on how much longer it will take to finish?

36. Die-N-Honor

Die-N-Honor

Why not Chemax? :D

37. Chemaxmax

Chemaxmax

Decoys we've designed are so cool, I think that I'll upload a video showing them today :D And about to complete this project, we'll need more than one year to finish it, because we've to make lots of stages, enemies (space and platforms), skills, spaceship upgrades, weapons, write the plot and the conversations, design quests... :( but we want to release a demo in a few months :)

Because Chemax is my name (Chema) by adding an 'x' :D

Kellyrayj likes this.
  38. Chemaxmax

Chemaxmax

As I promised, here you're a video showing decoys. They'll be useful in stealth maps when you want an enemy to leave his position cause he's blocking your path. In regular maps you could use decoys to entertain some enemies while you kill the rest or run away from them while they're attacking decoys.

ReeRoo and NomadKing like this.
  39. Chemaxmax

Chemaxmax

We're changing a lot of things (specially in the space part).The ship is an important one, we've improved the control, now, you can aim using the mouse, and move in any direction using the keyboard (Hotline Miami control style). And...this is the new ship in movement, look at its legs!! :cool:

Hope you like it!

ReeRoo and NomadKing like this.
  40. ReeRoo

ReeRoo

Artwork again is really good, i like the way the tail of the ship moves when you change direction. Could add a trail or exhaust plume to make it a bit more "alive" i guess. But it looks great cant wait to blast some enemies with it (hopefully there will be some more weapons for the ship too).

41. Chemaxmax

Chemaxmax

@ReeRoo We'll add a smoke trail as the old spaceship had, but it isn't ready yet :)

And about weapons, we're designing new weapons for the ship. In particular the rocket launcher, the "shotgun" and the gatling are in progress :D I hope to show them soon.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2014
    Kellyrayj and NomadKing like this.
  42. Chemaxmax

Chemaxmax

@ReeRoo here you're a preview of several of the ship weapons, from left to right: laser cannon, shotgun, and two options for the minigun. There will be differences between them: for example,the shotgun's accuracy will be less than the laser, but the shotgun damage will be higher.You'll need to choose the better option in every moment :)

Hope you like it!!

NomadKing and Kellyrayj like this.
  43. Chemaxmax

Chemaxmax

More new stuff! We've just made falling spikes. During the game you'll find "one fall spikes" activated by triggers and "always falling spikes". In this video you can see them.

gwubgwub, NomadKing and Kellyrayj like this.
  44. Ronald_McScotland

Ronald_McScotland

This game looks awesome! Takes me back to the good ol' SNES days. The artwork and animations look beautiful, you guys have obviously put a lot of work into this. Can't wait for a demo :)

45. Chemaxmax

Chemaxmax

Thank you! :) We've not planed to release a demo in short term. We want something awesome so maybe we'll release it in four or five months, but I'm not sure.

46. Sykoo

Sykoo

I cannot get over the name, it's awesome! The game looks at least as awesome as the name, which is always the plus side! I love it all, honestly. The art, the characters, the lightning. I like the cartoonish style! Keep it up :)

47. Chemaxmax

Chemaxmax

Thank you very much @Sykoo :)

Hi!

We've been working hard this months. One of our biggest tasks has been the space remastering. We decided that we needed to improve the space part aestethics, because as months goes on, the difference between platforms/space was becoming more and more. Here you have a screenshot with the new space look (unfinished yet) that we've published in the social networks :)

And of course, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone!!

NomadKing, ReeRoo and Sykoo like this.
  48. ReeRoo

ReeRoo

That looks great, the portal reminds me of stargate, awesome!!. How many levels do you plan on having in the final release? also i really like the Christmas artwork. You should make a high resolution wallpaper and/or a live wallpaper, would be a great way to promote the game.

49. Chemaxmax

Chemaxmax

Thanks @ReeRoo. There will be about ten levels on each world (there're four worlds). About the wallpaper, we're so bussy now but eventually we'll release some wallpapers :) We need to promote our future Kickstarter :D

50. Chemaxmax

Chemaxmax

A new video! In it you will be able to see the spider mines leaping and chasing you, trying to explode in your face! Do you like it?

NomadKing and Kellyrayj like this.