Search Unity

The Haunting of Billy

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by TargonStudios, Sep 4, 2015.

1. TargonStudios

TargonStudios

Just posted to Steam Greenlight! I would really appreciate it if you checked it out!

Steam Greenlight page: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=511330988

This is a side-scroller where you play as Billy, who must fight through the haunted halls of an old, abandoned mansion. Full description and information found on the Steam Greenlight page! All feedback is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
  2. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Hey Zargo
    The customizability of this game is pretty extensive.
    The animations for the main character and other characters is lacking in believeable upper body movement. The weapon attacks are only arm swings which look very stiff and under developed.

I was also going to comment on the lighting and the color choices of the characters blending into the environment, when I looked at the images, but in the video they stand out fine and look good - except the basic animations.

Last - I cant tell if this was on purpose but the shading in last image makes it look like the character has soiled himself.
    Not to be rude - but if this wasnt on purpose - suggest checking some pixel art tutorials on how to create proper shading.
    If this was on purpose - I dont know if players would like to play as a character that does that when faced with a challenging situation.

3. TargonStudios

TargonStudios

Hey theANMATOR2b, thanks for the feedback!

Yes, the customizabilty is really cool I think, though since there is so much of it, it is harder to make more fluent animations! (Just from the sheer amount of textures and costumes) Though I will probably be cleaning that up in the future and improving animations!

And yes, I will update the images because what you said is very true. The first image is simply a dark room, and the second image the reason being is when the inventory is open, the rest of the level gets darker, just for effect. I'll upload some more images!

And yes, Billy did soil himself! Come on, give him some slack. He's trying to save his girlfriend from a haunted house!

Thanks again for the feedback!

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  4. TargonStudios

TargonStudios

[/ATTACH]

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019