Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

"The filename, directoryname, or volume label syntax is incorrect."

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by aportilla, Apr 18, 2013.

1. aportilla

aportilla

Hi,

I am getting the following error message when I do an update from the asset server. After several hours of trying to fix this, I tried uninstalling, deleting all things Unity, deleting my project, running CCleaner, rebooting, reinstall, etc...the issue still persists. I have not been able to find a conclusive answer to this issue from Unity. I do not run any anti virus apps and I have a fresh Window 7 install. Has anyone run into this and resolved it? If there is a clear path to fixing this, please post it - it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Movig file failed

Moving

Temp/asset_server.73e96fd08515c44278046bbaaa98059bdv5019.asset
    to Assets/.... failed: The
    filename, directory name, or volume label sysntax is incorrect.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
  2. aportilla

aportilla

Of additional note: I also nuked my user account, made a new one and the same issue still persists.

3. aportilla

aportilla

At the bottom of the UAS window is displayed the following in red:
    "Unable to create new file asset(.......unity)received from server: Unknown asset version"

4. aportilla

aportilla

Nuking the project and copying over a project from another computer gives the same error. It seems to be some corruption on the UAS database.

5. aportilla

aportilla

I just got in to work this morning and everything worked fine. I just did an update command. This issue "fixed" itself overnight.

I will gladly pay for the app that connects Perforce with Unity. Unity has no business creating AssServer. Great support on this thread btw.

Twinaquafire likes this.