Search Unity

The curious case of Input.GetTouch(0)

Discussion in '2D' started by geek_freek, Feb 9, 2016.

1. geek_freek

geek_freek

I have been working on my game recently where i decided to use Android as the platform . I implemented a swipe detection for the game that changes player direction. Now to detect a touch event i used Input.GetTouch(0) since i only needed one touch to go about everything(multi-touch not required). Created a prototype build few days back , touch worked perfectly on my Android Phone. Built the same code with a few updations into my UI and the Input.GetTouch(0) has stopped working on the same phone.

FYI:-When i test the game through UnityRemote 4 touch is detected on my phone.

2. tedthebug

tedthebug

can you revert to the previous build? if so load that one back on to the phone & see if it still works. Maybe your phone received an update between your two tests?

3. geek_freek

geek_freek

I'll try that when i reach home. There is one more thing i noticed but forgot to put that down. I am also cheking for a double tap which uses Input.GetTouch(0).tapCount . This is working fine.

i have a MainControlller class where the functions are defined as:-

Code (CSharp):
    2. class MainController{
    3. .
    4. .
    5. .
    6. .
    7. .
    8. public bool doubleTapCheck(){
    9. //Checking Input.GetTouch(0).tapCount
    10. }
    12. public int SwipeDirectionX()
    13. {
    14. //Store Input.GetTouch(0) in a Touch variable
    16. //Logic for checking Swipe Direction and returning //the results.
    17. }
    18. }

4. geek_freek

geek_freek

Well I got this working.
    Switched platform to some other platform in build settings , switched back again to Android . Created a build and things were working .