Search Unity

Textures stretching / glitching in final build only - anyone seen this before?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Aurecon_Unity, Nov 18, 2014.

1. Aurecon_Unity

Aurecon_Unity

Hi All

My project has been progressing fine and then today's build suddenly exhibited a texture glitch that I haven't seen before and don't know how to solve.

It only occurs in the (desktop) build - editor and play mode look fine. I've attached some comparison screenshots to show what is occurring.
    01 Before.JPG

02 After.JPG

It's like the objects are suddenly failing to respect the UV map and stretching across polys at random locations.

The objects are FBX files from 3Ds Max and have UV maps and are set up correctly. This wasn't happening yesterday so I'm at a loss and would appreciate any help... this project is due for delivery in two days so I really need to sort this out asap.

Thanks!

2. fffMalzbier

fffMalzbier

Do you have the setting "Optimize Mesh Data" enabled? (can be found under the player settings -> Other Settings)

3. Pryzmeister

Pryzmeister

I have this exact same problem, did you find a solution?. i am using easyroads to generate roads that look fine in the editor, but become all stretched after doing a build. I am thinking it is something to do with float precision as it gets worse the further away from 0,0,0 the road gets.

4. debramaelee

debramaelee

Has anyone found a solution?

5. Aurecon_Unity

Aurecon_Unity

I did find a solution - in the Player settings, Other Settings, Vertex Compression, make sure that UV0 is unchecked. That should fix the problem - it appears to be Unity ceompressing the UV0 channel and causing the issues.

Eltico_Studios and vyral13 like this.
  6. vyral13

vyral13

I built a 6k track with Easyroads. Exported to android, and had stretched tiling sections (basically some sections had a 0y tiling). Frustrated i switched to RoadArchitect, which cleared the issue...Or so i thought. Still had one slight patch of the road which had a super stretched out section. It looked fine in the editor...Literally I was at the end of my sanity.

You sir are an absolute legend. The Vertex Compression UV0 was the issue! Looks absolutely fine now!

7. sivabalan12

sivabalan12

8. prakyath_unity

prakyath_unity

Uncheck "Tex Coord 0" in Player settings->Others->Vertex Compression

Eltico_Studios likes this.
  9. Eltico_Studios

Eltico_Studios

thanks for the solution, in version 2021.3 :)