Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Text Mesh Pro - The Ultimate Text Solution for Unity - Powerful & Flexible - Advanced Text Rendering

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Stephan-B, May 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stephan-B

Stephan-B

The scale of the RectTransform (X, Y, Z) has to be uniform / same value. I also can't see if you are using a TextMeshProUGUI object or normal TextMeshPro object.

The Surface versions of the shaders should only be used if you do need scene lighting to affect the text objects. When using the Canvas System in Screenspace overlay, the scene light will not be affecting the text object since they are in overlay and Unity actually doesn't pass some of the information to the shaders. So this would only work when using Screenspace camera or Worldspace.

2. gegagome

gegagome

I am using a Text Mesh Pro UGUI (TMP_Text).

My scale was controlled by the instantiation code:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. temp.transform.localScale = new Vector2(1f, 1f);
    So I fixed it:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. temp.transform.localScale = Vector3.one;
    Thanks so much for your help on this.

I'm going to play with the settings regarding the Surface settings. At the moment my text looks pretty cool. I love the different materials for the outline, the spacing options and more importantly minimal refactoring in my code.

I will see whether I can load a scroll rect with Text Mesh Pro UGUI letters (see screenshot)

Also, I wanted to inform you that using Substances works. All you have to do is expand the Substance and drag the diffuse texture into the texture box in TMP. (see screenshot)

If you want I can send you a private message with a link to a Substance.

Thanks
    German

Attached Files:

3. Stephan-B

Stephan-B

Glad that solved it and you are welcome.

Most of the setting available on the Surface version of the shader are available on the Distance Field Shader. The main difference is the normal one is more efficient since it is Unlit and does not require scene lighting. SO unless you need that text object to cast shadows on other object or you need scene lighting to affect the text should you use the Surface version. There is also a Mobile Surface version. One uses pixel lighting and the other vertex lighting.

For instance - These are using the normal TMP Distance Field Shaders

The scroll rect should work fine. I would use a 2D RectMask instead of the UI.Mask as the 2D RectMask is more efficient.

That is cool to know. If you can post a few examples using substance. I would also suggest you register to the TMP User Forum and also post information about your substance use with TMP as others might find this information useful as well.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2016
  4. SilverStorm

SilverStorm

Inputfield as TextMeshPro Text Tutorial
    (If there is an easier way then please let me know)

For anyone who wants to use TextMeshPro Text as their UnityGUI Inputfield Text here is the trick I figured out:

- Create a Text Mesh Pro UI text (GameObject > UI > TextMeshPro Text)
    - Format and Position it so that it is exactly over the Default Inputfield Text, this is to trick people into thinking they are editing TextMeshPro Text when they are actually editing the standard input field text but it won't be visible once we edit it's alpha later.

- Now that you have the text over the Unity Inputfield text you should add an event on the Inputfield OnValueChanged(string) section of the input field. Drag in the TextMeshProUGUI text in there as you would any other gameobject and then expand the menu and choose TextMeshProUGIU > "text" which is at the top. This will make the TextMeshPro UGUI Text match whatever the Unity input field's text is even while you edit it which is what we want.
    Remember to make sure you set the event to Editor and Runtime by the way.

Now while you edit this input field the text in TextMeshProGUI will update dynamically to match the text from the input field. When you see it working correctly just make to turn the Unity inputfield text alpha to zero so you can hide it and complete the illusion of yourself directly editing the TMesh Pro text.

So hope I helped anyone who was having this issue.

UPDATE:

While this method does resolve one issue it still brings up another and that is the bug with Unity's canvas scaler and the caret selection when typing text, it distorts on certain resolutions and aspect ratios so it's completely broken, if you could please let me know if TextMeshPro has a replacement for the textinput field that would be great because the text in TextMeshPro scales perfectly regardless of resolution. Otherwise I might have to create my own in-game onscreen keyboard (shudders) every-time the player has to input text....because of this and many other bugs I have contacted Unity telling them to pass info on how I would file a lawsuit claim on them. At some point the bullying has to stop.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2016
  5. Neonlyte

Neonlyte

Sorry if anyone else has ever asked this question. The support thread has 24 pages and scrolling through it is painful.

Does TextMesh Pro currently supports full Unicode character set. My project needs to display Japanese and Chinese characters. When I watched your demo video I could not see any character set options for Unicode. I know there is an option to build the font asset by defining custom character sets. But for my case the characters needed could not be determined. If it does support it I would definitely get one because I like the effects this plugin could achieve.

Thanks in advance.

6. Stephan-B

Stephan-B

The best way to handle languages like Chinese, Japanese and Korean is to create a primary font asset using the "Characters from File" to include all the known Japanese characters in your project. This font asset creation process and this is described in the following video. This will take care of the known characters.

For the unknown Japanese characters, you will create additional font assets and use them as Fallback Fonts. See the following video which covers this topic Note that it is now also possible to assign Fallback Font Assets per font in addition to general fallbacks. This is new since the video was created.

I do have many studios using TextMesh Pro for CJK including large studios and they all use the method I have outlined above.

Let me know if need further assistance with this.

BTW: There are several threads / posts on the TextMesh Pro user forum covering this topic as well as lots of other stuff related to TextMesh Pro. Given the whole forum is for TextMesh Pro, it is a lot easier to find information there.

7. tylerw-savatronix

tylerw-savatronix

Hi there,

I have a quick question about licensing TMP.

We're very interested in this asset (looks super impressive and is highly recommended) however we need to get clarification as to the per-seat license.

Is it 1 license per person on the team, whether they use TMP or not, 1 license per person that uses any part of TMP (i.e. if we have 2 people implementing UI and they only use TMP components to replace UGui's text component, do each of them need a license) or is it 1 license per person that uses TMP to create fonts (i.e. we have one person creating the fonts, and they're licensed, but the two folks on UI mentioned above would not need licenses)?

8. Stephan-B

Stephan-B

Thank you for your interest in TextMesh Pro and inquiring about the licensing terms.

As per Appendix 1 of the Unity Asset Store End User License Agreement, section 2.4, you need (1) license per computer one which the asset is installed.

For example, if you had a team of 8 people working / opening a project which contains TextMesh Pro plus 2 build machines, you would need 10 licenses (one for each computer on which the asset is installed). However, I am ok with excluding the build machines so as per that example, you would need (8) licenses or (1) per user opening / working on the project that includes TextMesh Pro.

In the event you need 10 or more licenses, please contact me directly as I do offer discounts depending on the quantity of licenses needed as well as Site and Company licenses which is what many of my larger customers are under.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
  9. tylerw-savatronix

tylerw-savatronix

Thanks for the clarification. Right now we've got 4 people with regular access to our project, but will be expanding in the future to ~8 + a currently unknown amount of contractors, with many of them doing things like adding content (meaning they'll never touch UI components), which makes this type of licensing scheme detrimental to us (i.e. we can't, from a business perspective, justify paying for a license for someone that will never make use of the thing that's licensed).

Short term though, the price for 4 licenses is just too high for us to be financially feasible at our current stage of development.

I really do appreciate you clarifying for me the current licensing, and I'll definitely be checking in on TMP over time to see if it's ever moved to a different type of licensing scheme (e.g. one license per person who uses any aspect of TMP or something similar, or something akin to how Apex AI handles their licensing).

10. Stephan-B

Stephan-B

I certainly understand. Just keep in mind that as soon as you have one or more text objects that are using TMP rendering text on screen, the code and shaders are being used. Ie. TextMesh Pro providing its value to everyone working on the project.

Again, I do understand the various financial pressure that starting studios face and as a single developer, I certainly have to carefully evaluate where and how I invest my resources whether it be capital or time. When purchasing any tool or asset, we all have to evaluate how much value these products bring to us in terms of improvement to the quality of our products both in terms of functionality or visual quality. How much time these products might save us in terms of workflow and potential development time you might save by investing in one of those tools.

Although $65 per license might appear to be a lot, what needs to be evaluated is how much will TextMesh Pro potentially contribute in terms of workflow improvements (saving time for you), improvements in terms of the visual quality of your own product and potential development time. If the sum of these is greater than 4 X $65.00 then it is a good investment. If the sum is less then it is a bad investment. You are the only person who can make that evaluation.

I have over 2 years of development invested in TextMesh Pro and I am very confident that from a visual quality, performance, workflow and time saving point of view and development time potentially saved by using TMP, that such investment in these licenses would pay for itself many times over.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
  11. Stephan-B

Stephan-B

The latest release of TMP which is 0.1.54 Beta 4 for Unity 5.2, 5.3 and 5.4 which is available on the TextMesh Pro User Forum does include the TMP Input Field which does handle the Canvas Scaler.

My suggestion since I believe you are still running on Unity 4.6 with equivalent version of TextMesh Pro is to grab the latest release of TMP from the user forum to look at the source code of the TMP Input Field as you might be able to modify it to work in 4.6. That is until I get a new release out for Unity 4.6 which would include this new component.

P.S. Forum never notified me of your post which I just noticed so sorry about the delay in replying.

12. tylerw-savatronix

tylerw-savatronix

By that same logic you should be using a royalty based license system, as customers who buy the game are also deriving that same value :) But realistically, the guy who we have who just fills our dialogue database with dialogue and never actually runs a scene gains no value from it (other than the general value of having contributed to an overall project).

2 parts here:

1) We don't currently have the funds available to purchase 4 licenses @ $65. The money does not exist at this point, so it is a lot of money (and while we have investors lined up, we need to reach certain milestones before they'll pull the trigger and invest, and we're not quite there yet).

2) Build vs buy in this case is a bit more complicated. It's not a straight financial "is X more value than Y". Each of our possible options has pros and cons, along with value, and we also have to justify spending any money on assets to our more involved investors (and I can already tell you there's one that would look at a decision to pay for a license for people that aren't using it as a bad business decision, and I'm not willing to take that risk right now).

So our options come down to:
    A) Use UGui's text component. It's not the prettiest thing (but you can get some good looking text), has some limitations and some glitches, but it works. 0 extra time added, costs nothing other than the standard unity licensing fees (which are sub based). May have to deal with font licensing, but that can be mitigated simply by using open fonts or designing our own (a cost shared with every option if we chose to use custom fonts).

B) Purchase TMP. It's an amazing asset, has excellent support, and is built and maintained by someone who truly knows what they're doing. It will enable better looking text and is probably performs better than UGui text. It would add slightly to development time (spin up), but that's not a big deal. However it's licensing model hinders the ability to scale our team up or down. If we have someone come on board short term, we have to pay a license fee for them, regardless of what they're doing in Unity (wasted license - technically a subscription based license would be better for temporary scale ups). Scaling up means buying more licenses, again regardless of whether the person being brought on will gain any value from said license. Negotiating with contractors becomes more complex and costly as well (since they'll be accessing our source code, will they need licenses too? Who pays for that? What if they're having a team of 30 work on things and we get stuck paying the licensing fees?).

C) Roll our own text rendering system. Longer term expenses. Will likely never be as good as TMP, but will only contain features we need. Don't have to wait for bugfixes or added features we may need, as we would just create a story and do the work. Will never have to worry about licensing costs, but will have ongoing maintenance costs (though in theory these would decrease over time).

Right now, to my business partners and myself, the licensing scheme used here (as a con) outweighs the pros for TMP. If we were a 1 or 2 man shop with no plans to scale, it wouldn't at all be an issue, but that's not the case for us. We will be scaling and need the ability to easily scale up or down, and not everyone we have working will derive any direct benefit from TMP (or any other asset that's per-person-using-unity).

I know this is an excellent asset, and I'm actually with you that anything we roll our own, in the end, won't be as good. I've been looking (lurking, heh) TMP for a while now, and as I said it's very impressive and you truly know what you're doing and have created a great asset. If we were staying a small (1 - 4 people), fixed team size with no plans to bring in contractors, we'd for sure buy it. But at this time the licensing scheme just won't work for us.

13. Neonlyte

Neonlyte

Thank you for the tip. I managed to find a common set of CJK characters in a text file, so I think I can use it with TMP. The set, though, contains more than 10000 characters. I would like to know what would the approximate size of the built atlas be if I have that much character?

14. sschaem

sschaem

In my experience about two 2048x2048 for mobile, or a single 4096x4096 for desktop/console.

Reminder, the altas is 8bit, so its 4MB of video memory for a 2kx2k
    And about half when its stored in an unity package.

Another note: when the SDF texture font is loaded on the GPU...
    Thats is it on the CPU side. no overhead, no allocation, no stutter from on demand "dynamic font".
    You get direct GPU access to your 10,000 glyph set at any resolution.

15. Neonlyte

Neonlyte

That sounds very promising. Thank you.

16. Stephan-B

Stephan-B

Where is this text file from? Are those the characters used in your project or some other text file?

Rarely do projects include more than 1000 characters for any given language. This 10,000 seems like too many unless you are talking about a book here or something.

Ideally, you want to generate a text file that contains all the characters used in your project for each language. So you want a text file that contains all the unique Chinese characters, another with all the Korean characters and one more with all the Japanese characters.

Then using these (3) files, you will create an (3) SDF Font Assets, one for Chinese, Japanese and Korean. These will be your primary SDF Font Assets for those 3 languages. If you projects includes user input, then you will need to generate additional font assets which will contains additional characters.

There are different ways to go about identifying which other characters to include for those different languages.

For instance, the Korean language contains 11,272 characters. So you can then generate (1) or (2) more fallback font assets for Korean which will then include whatever remaining characters from the 11,272 that are not in your primary.

For Chinese, the government has published a Table of General Standard Chinese Characters which contains 8105 character divided into 3 lists. These are based on popularity and frequency of use of those characters. So for Chinese, you would create another (2) or (3) fallback font assets where the first list would contains the first 3500 character minus those already in your primary and so forth for the others. Depending on how many characters you have in your primary, you could end up with only 3 font asset for Chinese.

For Japanese, the process is similar.

As Stephan S. pointed out, the texture size limit for mobile is 2048 X 2048, so you want to maximize that texture space and include as many characters as you need in each.

17. Neonlyte

Neonlyte

Ah thanks for the detailed info. Yeah I do realized that I would not need a 10000 characters, may be just 1000 common-used.

18. thedailyasset

thedailyasset

Wrote a review of Text Mesh Pro on http://www.thedailyasset.com/ This is truly a state of the art asset package. Huge props to @Stephan-B for creating it and bringing it to all of us, making working with text in Unity pure joy.

19. Stephan-B

Stephan-B

Thank you for the kind words and for the great review :)

20. Stephan-B

Stephan-B

Made a small improvement to make sure Material Preset property changes also get applied automatically for Fallback Fonts and Alternative Typefaces.

In the example above, the word "simple", "line" and "text" are using alternative typeface for true bold and italics.

zyzyx likes this.
  21. LHMatsuoka

LHMatsuoka

Hi,
    With a relatively old generation of iOS devices, it does not draw the text as expected.
    (ex. iPad mini, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5c, iPod touch Gen 5)

I, sets the Outline and Underlay.
    In the old device, whether these features are not supported?

Unity5.3.5f1
    TextMesh Pro - Unity 5.4 Beta 4
    best regards.

Attached Files:

22. Stephan-B

Stephan-B

It should be working on all those devices. I have most of them and will check. I will get back to you on this part.

BTW: What Graphic API are you using on those devices? OpenGL 2.0, 3.0 or Metal?

Since you are only using Outline + Underlay, I would suggest using the Mobile Distance Field shader instead of the full Distance Field Shader.

I also see from the image you posted that you are using max value on the Underlay offset which is not advisable and can lead to rendering issues as you are at the edge of the adjacent characters in the font atlas texture. See FAQ Question 1 and 11 which is found in the support section of the TMP User Forum.

I would also suggest you watch the updated video related to Font Asset Creation as it explains the relationship between sampling point size, padding value and the effective range of material properties like Outline, Underlay Offset, etc.

You should also view the Creating and Working with Material Presets which is also a pretty important concept and part of TextMesh Pro to understand.

23. LHMatsuoka

LHMatsuoka

Hi,
    I have set the "Auto Graphics API".

24. Stephan-B

Stephan-B

I just tested the full Distance Field Shader on an old iPad 2 and everything is rendering correctly. Since that is a very old iPad (predates all the devices you listed) it only supports OpenGL 2.0. I am using Mono 2.x in the build options.

I also did the tests with IL2CPP and that worked correctly as well.

I saw that you are running the mobile Distance Field shaders (my bad) re-testing on those.

When you build in XCode, do you get any error messages?

Did you upgrade to this new version of TextMesh Pro? As per the Release Notes and Upgrade notes, did you completely remove the previous version of TextMesh Pro (ie. Deleting the old TextMesh Pro folder) before importing the new one?

Update
    Just ran the tests on the Mobile Distance Field and it works correctly as well.

Update 2
    I am seeing an issue with the Mobile Distance Field where the Underlay doesn't show up. However, everything is working fine using the full Distance Field. I suggest you switch to the full Distance Field while I figure out what's going on with the Mobile version.

To keep this information more relevant / organized, I suggest we migrate to the TMP User Forum where I will be able to provide updated shaders if needed. Please make a post there (copy sort of your initial post) and i'll follow up there with you.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2016
  25. gegagome

gegagome

Is inner bevel available (Text Mesh Pro UGUI) in the non-mobile shaders? Somehow I can't find it in either Distance Field shaders.

I will make a substance test case so you and other people can see how both are being used.

Thanks

26. Stephan-B

Stephan-B

The Bevel group is only available in the full Distance Field Shader. The label of Mobile just means more efficient due to the fact the Mobile Distance Field Shaders have reduced feature set (like no bevel group and other stuff). All TMP shader work on Mobile.

27. mog-mog-mog

mog-mog-mog

I am getting the following error only when selecting Japanese language in my game:

Code (csharp):
    2. NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object TMPro.TMP_XmlTagStack`1[TMPro.MaterialReference].SetDefault (MaterialReference item) (at Assets/TextMesh Pro/Scripts/TMP_XmlTagStack.cs:39) TMPro.TextMeshProUGUI.GenerateTextMesh () (at Assets/TextMesh Pro/Scripts/TMPro_UGUI_Private.cs:1566) TMPro.TextMeshProUGUI.OnPreRenderCanvas () (at Assets/TextMesh Pro/Scripts/TMPro_UGUI_Private.cs:1526) TMPro.TextMeshProUGUI.Rebuild (CanvasUpdate update) (at Assets/TextMesh Pro/Scripts/TextMeshProUGUI.cs:234) UnityEngine.UI.CanvasUpdateRegistry.PerformUpdate () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/guisystem/UnityEngine.UI/UI/Core/CanvasUpdateRegistry.cs:149) UnityEngine.Canvas:SendWillRenderCanvases()
    What am I missing?

28. Stephan-B

Stephan-B

I am going to need more information such as:

How are you switching to Japanese? I presume you are switching to a different font asset. Right?

This font asset which contains the Japanese characters, if you assign it to a text object and look in the debug panel of the material inspector, do you see the Font Atlas Texture?

Basically, we are looking for something missing when you make this transition to using Japanese.

29. mog-mog-mog

mog-mog-mog

I've one unicode font asset which is global containing all japanese+other languages. I dynamically change the text value in tmp pro font to japanese using txt.text="new japanese value", it is clearly shown in editor. it display lot of characters correctly but crash in some japanese characters. Debug panel:

I am able to fix the problem by adding null check in TMP_XmlTagStack.cs

Code (csharp):
    2. public void SetDefault(T item) {
    3.     if (itemStack != null && itemStack.Length > 0) {
    4.             itemStack[0] = item;
    5.             index = 1;
    6.      }
    7. }

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
  30. Stephan-B

Stephan-B

I would still like to figure out why you are getting the NRE as adding a Null check is sort of a band-aid.

The support email is on the first page and in many other locations. It is Support@DigitalNativeStudios.com

31. mkgame

mkgame

Hi, what we would need for NGUI is an overridden UILabel, something like UITMPLabel. Else, we would hack around our own unsupported solution. I would like to have texture between text and sharp text, thats all.

Do you plan supporting NGUI directly? Since UGUI the NGUI asset is still popular. I would buy your tool for that feature, and I guess a lot of NGUI users too.

32. Stephan-B

Stephan-B

There are already many NGUI users using TextMesh Pro including some big studios. The normal TextMesh Pro component does support Sorting Layers and Order and other than Masking which I might need to tweak due to some of the recent changes Unity has made which have impacted this, it should all be working fine.

In terms of a more official TextMesh Pro NGUI component, I would certainly love to do it. Finding the time is the biggest problem. I am at the stage where I really need to find some intern or hire some helper :)

P.S. I am sorry for the late reply. Once again, I didn't get a notification of your post.

33. BigYetti

BigYetti

Is the price really going up to $95 on Aug 1st like it says on the Asset Store? I know some assets say the price will increase but then it doesn't. I'd like to get it before the beta price ends but I'm just a hobbyist and even at $65 its a bit rich for me. Any chance of a quick one day sale for under $65 (say like $45 or something like that) before the price increase to $95? :)

34. Stephan-B

Stephan-B

As beta is coming to an end, the 30% pre-release discount will go away. As a result, the new price will be $95 USD on August 1st.

As I have stated before, the $65 is the lowest price for which TextMesh Pro will be available as those users who purchased it while in beta (pre-release) and especially those who purchased it when it was just released and had no reviews deserve my utmost gratitude and to have paid the lowest price possible for my product.

Once the price is increased to $95 and from time to time, TextMesh Pro will be available on sale but the sale price will never be lower than $65.00.

35. BigYetti

BigYetti

I can't argue with your logic or your ethics. In fact I agree and applaud how your playing it.

Purchased!

36. Stephan-B

Stephan-B

Thank you for your support. Please be sure to reach out to me should you have any questions or require assistance.

Please note the latest release is 0.1.54 Beta 4 and only available on the user forum. However, I am getting ready to release a new version 1.0.54 Sunday night which will be available on the Asset Store as well as on the TMP User forum.

I would suggest you register to the TMP User Forum where you'll be able to get this new release first as sometimes, there can be delays in new releases making it through the Asset Store approval process.

37. MV10

MV10

It's worth every dime. Unity should just give you and the ReWired guy a truckload of money and add both to Unity and be done with it.

Ferazel, hopeful and Stephan-B like this.
  38. longroadhwy

longroadhwy

That would be awesome.

@Stephan-B looking forward to your next release

Stephan-B likes this.
  39. Stephan-B

Stephan-B

Added the ability to Duplicate and Remove Glyphs from the Font Asset - Glyph Table.

This will make it possible to save texture space for some languages where some of characters have duplicate Unicode points which resulted in duplicate glyphs in the font atlas texture. Duplicates will now simply reference the same glyph texture location.

For font assets which contain symbols and icons like Font Awesome of some custom fonts, I also added a scale property to each Glyph which will make it possible to control their scale as well as create multiple references of the same icon using different scale.

40. Stephan-B

Stephan-B

Here is the similarly updated Sprite Asset Editor panel.

laurentlavigne and hopeful like this.
  41. Stephan-B

Stephan-B

Example of Fading text per character with control over # of character the fade occurs over and tint.

The example script is available on the TextMesh Pro user forum here.

42. Ben-BearFish

Ben-BearFish

Is it possible to use your outline shader on the normal Unity UI Image?

43. Stephan-B

Stephan-B

Not at this time but I am considering making another asset which would essentially be a replacement for the UI Image component that would provide pretty much all the same visual / dynamic styling capabilities that are available with TextMesh Pro but on UI Sprites.

laurentlavigne, MV10 and zyzyx like this.
  44. Ben-BearFish

Ben-BearFish

I don't suppose TextMesh Pro users would be able to get a discount on this asset whenever it comes out?

45. Stephan-B

Stephan-B

Whenever such new asset becomes available, it will be my pleasure to offer a loyalty discount my TextMesh Pro users.

laurentlavigne likes this.
  46. QFord

QFord

Hi,I'm looking for a TextMesh plugin with Input Text Field feature.
    Does TextMesh Pro support this feature. I need let user type or paste text content at the running time.

47. Stephan-B

Stephan-B

TextMesh Pro does include the TMP Input Field which is a replacement for Unity's UI Input Field. This works with the Canvas system.

Here is a quick GIF animation showing the Input Field

Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
  48. QFord

QFord

Thx a lot for quick reply. I applogize for next question , it seems to demand excessively.
    Does TexeMesh Pro support insert a image texture ? Sometimes it's hard to type professional text, such as math formula.
    I think it's easy to produce it by other software & produce an image , then insert into . Let rich text support graph - text mixed arrangement.

49. Stephan-B

Stephan-B

By image texture, do you mean an edited font atlas texture or symbols and icons fonts or the ability to use graphics or sprites inline with the text?

50. QFord

QFord

Image texture, I mean a jpg/png texture. I know TPK supports sprites inline with text, just like emoji:).
    What I want is similar, but any size image.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.