Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Text Group?

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by mog-mog-mog, Oct 6, 2014.

1. mog-mog-mog

mog-mog-mog

I've multiple Text UI elements with "Best Fit" enabled in my scene. I would like all to have same font size = Minimum of all Text elements. I want them to take the Best Fit Font size of longest length item. What are my options here? Is there anything like Text Group where all Text elements maintain same size?

2. mog-mog-mog

mog-mog-mog

3. Marble

Marble

I suppose you'll have to use a script to iterate through all the Text elements, find the longest item, then set all other elements to that value?

4. mog-mog-mog

mog-mog-mog

I tried that approach, but it won't work. Because best-fit enabled keep updating the text size. Also font-size returned is always the default font size and not the best fit font size.

5. Marble

Marble

Hm. That's disappointing. Perhaps you should file that issue with Best Fit as a bug. You need a way to get the text's real current size, obviously, to do anything. I don't think the UI currently has any premade concept of "groups" as you mean it.

6. leo-carneiro

leo-carneiro

Unity Technologies

You can access the Best Fit font size used on a Text component with something like this:
    textComponent.cachedTextGenerator.fontSizeUsedForBestFit

It's in our to-do list to write docs for this one still.

Hope this helps.

mog-mog-mog and Marble like this.
  7. mog-mog-mog

mog-mog-mog

Thank you, Finally I am able to make a working simple solution. I'll add it to wiki, thanks