Search Unity

Terrain Generator - Ready for release - Free

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Tiki, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Tiki

Tiki

TerrainScaper

thread.jpg

This is actually part the massive overhaul I'm working on for CityScaper, but it seems so useful for large scale terrain creation that I thought I'd upload it separately as a free asset as well. So while I'm making some pretty graphics and previews for it, I thought I'd show it off in here a little. It's not the craziest program, but it'll save anyone who wants to do something similar a few hours to a few days of work depending on skill level... and much more as far as hand-crafting large scale terrains.

While it pends review on the Asset Store, you can download the initial release at GitHub:
    https://github.com/TheTiki/TerrainGenerator

Here's a quick preview of what it looks like, accessed from Window->TerrainGenerator:
    terraingenpreview.png

Features:
    -Quality Noise Generation
    -No scripting experience needed
    -Easily modified open source
    -Fast solution to large-scale terrain creation
    -Make infinite custom terrain presets

Note: Some research into noise values may be required to take full advantage. Basic instructions provided.

Starving Artist Note: Need help with your project? Contact me.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
    SAOTA and EliasMasche like this.
  2. EliasMasche

EliasMasche

Great, Waiting to see to start using your TG; Thanks for give to the community.

3. Tiki

Tiki

No problem! I ended up with an unexpected and long shift at my job today, so I'll be releasing this in the morning, hopefully it will hit the asset store by the end of the week, it's not much to review :)

4. EliasMasche

EliasMasche

Well that is total normal for me in my job, Specialy when i want finish early or i want to do something. :D
    and thanks for the info about date of release.

5. Tiki

Tiki

Name Change! Official name is TerrainScaper in keeping with the CityScaper theme.

The package has been uploaded and is pending review!

EliasMasche likes this.
  6. EliasMasche

EliasMasche

thx for the info. Are you going to upload to Github or BitBucket like alternative?

7. Tiki

Tiki

That's a good idea, I just set up a Github repository, at some point today I will explore licenses (probably a creative commons license is what I'll settle on) and then upload it with a link to the thread here. Thanks for the suggestion EMGPY!

Starving Artist Note: Need help with your project? Contact me.

8. EliasMasche

EliasMasche

No problem, Well i save for later, i need help but 0 cent to pay or use. About 2 months started learning Unity & C#. So using any asset Open Source or Free that help me is great for me.

9. Tiki

Tiki

EliasMasche likes this.
  10. EliasMasche

EliasMasche

Any progress of your Terrain Generator in the assets store? Like a small feedback is there a chance to remember the dock the defaults paremeters, because i tweak a lot and don't work again.