Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Terrain Composer2 a next generation GPU powered terrain tool.

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by eagle555, Sep 16, 2012.

1. EternalAmbiguity

EternalAmbiguity

Just want to say that I'm having problem 2 as well. And my pixel error for both is at 5, as seen here:
    TerrainSplitting2.png

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
  2. Arkade

Arkade

@eagle555

FYI I've written a patch for (provisionally) both TC and RTP to handle not corrupting ReliefTerrain material (by not changing) and even including (if desired) cloning RTP but retaining per-Terrain parameters.
    It seems to work adequately. I'll package up and send (here only to start) -- it's probably fewer than 50 lines total?

Next steps might be trying to call the image-generation code from RTP when TC regenerates heights.

Thoughts welcome!

hopeful likes this.
  3. Arkade

Arkade

Patch of work so far attached.

To reiterate my blither from the last message, at worst it can be told not to mess with the textures. At best, it can be told to duplicate some *and only some* parts of the RTP Component from the initial Terrain. The parts that are not duplicated are those that differ between Terrains (i.e. tiles). For these un-duplicated parts, one must currently set them manually and they are retained over updates (to the rest of the Terrain).

Next steps would be calling the heightmap and colormap generating code from RTP to populate those per-Terrain fields. I've seen mention (in thread above) that colormaps might be assigned already? I've not looked into this yet. Great! Less work :-D

Obviously I'm keen for feedback before I go too far since you (either author) might prefer a different approach. Three obvious areas:
    1. I've used EditorUtility in the RTP code for convenience so far (but this would likely need to change for runtime Terrain changes). It was a quick way of cloning a ReliefTerrain Component between 2 GameObjects.
    2. I've used a #define in TC to control whether RTP is expected. I'd imagine one would probably prefer Reflection? (though this has implications for some target platforms.)
    3. I've placed RTP-specific code in RTP (ReliefTerrain.CloneToOrCopyValuesTo()) and called it from TC. This makes better encapulation sense since it's the RT cloning itself and knowing what needs doing. Obviously this requires 2 authors accept patch. This code could easily be placed inside TC-only but that seems messier (especially if one were also using Reflection!)

HTH, R. Good-night.

(EDITED for clarity and more explanation)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  4. Tiny-Tree

Tiny-Tree

how does TC2 manage trees colliders?

some runtime pathfinding solutions require a special setup, because trees instantiated with terrain api lost collider and layer.
    some tools like Gaia for example will spawn additional object with collider and layer copied from tree prefab.

5. Beloudest

Beloudest

Hi, I'm just browsing the docs and there is not much on the streaming features that have been hinted. How are these looking and performing in T2? Is there any info on it to check out, thanks?

6. Beloudest

Beloudest

You possibly need to enable the Colormaps on the RTP LOD Manager and then adjust the mix setting for each layer and also in the main settings on the Global Maps Tab I believe.

7. ZenMicro

ZenMicro

Hi Nathaniel,

I'm having issues with Grass Sway, I've changed the settings everywhere I can see them for wind and pretty sure Unity Terrain grass is affected by some built in wind settings only under the terrain settings.

This seems poor design (like it was created 10 years ago?) to me and will make it difficult to get a synced wind effect I imagine when changing a master windzone for a scene but that's a Unity problem... however I just can't seem to get a movement from the grass, and i'm getting these black stripes across the patches.

Issues
    1. I am not able to get any grass sway at all
    2. I tried painting some grass on and when I press play it is removed.
    3. I'm getting these black lines through the grass patches as per the photo below;

TC2_Grass_Lines.PNG

Any ideas?

8. eagle555

eagle555

Indeed Objects do reset on MultiTerrain tiles. I have this fixed in beta 7 and will try to get beta 7 out as a patch as soon as possible.

I didn't really activated the colormap creation yet, because I had an issue with custom terrain material. In beta 7 I will make it assign automatically to RTP and also the option to save the colormap.

I had this already working and didn't enable it yet because I didn't use reflections so RTP needed to be in the project, so I commented this out. For beta 7 I will make this working.

Nathaniel

9. arnesso

arnesso

I would be curious with TerrainComposer2, could I solve this ? -> If i create a main menu and when I want to start a new game I will have to set up a SEED ( which would affect the TC2's seed value) ,so after I set up a seed value I would always get different terrain( I mean the terrain's object's and trees, maybe the grass colors, but the terrain heighmap is always same) when new game starts.
    I know it is difficult, but what do you think ,is this solvable? If yes, any help or tips?
    I guess others would be interested in .
    Thank you forward :)
    Cheers !! :)

10. eagle555

eagle555

I already had this working for TC2 trailer, and didn't need to do any cloning as RTP takes care of materials automatically, what I do is just AddComponent<(ReliefTerrainScript)>(). I will get this to work in beta 7 ;)

2). I think it's best to use Reflection because with #define you still have go into code and enable/disable it.

As far as I know trees spawned as terrain trees have collider working correctly. It's possible to move the entire tree output to object output as a layergroup and spawn on the tree positions an additional GameObject with collider. Can you give an example of a runtime path finding solution that needs what you describe?

Streaming is not activated yet, I first wanted to make sure multi terrain works fine. In beta 7 I will include the streaming script and make documentation for it. TC2 is able to do 1 output per frame, so generation can be stretched over multiple terrains. Streaming requires resolutions not be higher then 256/512 per terrain tile (depending on hardware) for the assigning of output to Unity terrain.

That is a strange issue. Can you show a screenshot with the grass resolutions you use and the grass wind settings on the terrain? Did you test it in runtime?

Yes it would be much better if grass wind was linked to WindZone, indeed an Unity terrain flaw. I will make sync script for it that communicates with WindZone.

Yes that easy to do, as it is now in beta 6 there's only a global seed and a seed for each node. But in Beta 7 I added seed to the other nodes as well. So then you will be able to change the seed for each output.

All you would need to do is (works from Beta 7):

for (int i = 1; i < 6; i++) TC_Generate.instance.area2D.terrainLayer.layerGroups.seed = (seed number);
    TC_Generate.instance.Generate(true);

I start with i = 1 to skip the Height output (it is in layergroup[0]).

Nathaniel

Arkade and arnesso like this.
  11. Tiny-Tree

Tiny-Tree

12. ZenMicro

ZenMicro

Unfortunately I had a bigger issue happen since, Unity crashed when messing with the resolution settings i think, now my terrain is flat and TC2 has gone oddball on me, Seems the Rawimage is not processing properly;

upload_2016-8-3_23-27-24.png

upload_2016-8-3_23-30-58.png

A couple other thoughts;

Also as someone else requested, would be great to be able to rightclick a MaskGroup, Result or Layergroup to save as a stamp at any time.

Also mousewheel really should scroll up and down and only zoom in out when you hold ctrl (Like a web browser) i think.

13. eagle555

eagle555

Do you get an error in the Unity console? As I see that layers/result and layergroup nodes miss the preview images.

Yes I have this feature planned for beta 7 :).
    http://www.terraincomposer.com/roadmap/ (Export Height and Normal texture from any node).

I made the controls exactly the same as Unity's Scene window and think that makes most sense. Will be confusing if controls are different as people go from TC2 window to Scene window and vise versa all the time...Zooming in/out in web browser is not intended to use a lot, while in TC2 window it is. And how would you suggest to scroll left and right? I'm not sure about it...

Nathaniel

14. ZenMicro

ZenMicro

Errors were cleared and were not pointing to TC2, so appears to be some kind of corruption. I also happened to have updated to 5.3.6p1 which perhaps complicates things possibly.

I think the Scene view and the TC2 window are a different kind of window (at least TC2 is used as a 2D and I would expect it to be have as such) I think you should be able to use the left mouse button to grab the document to move it around left/right and up/down. This is my default feeling about how i want to navigate it! (Reflex Action) In any case holding middle mouse button/drag is something that shouldn't be used often IMHO.

15. johnmcmahonart

johnmcmahonart

Anyone have a suggestion or process for reducing texturing tiling when the camera isn't close to the terrain? Working on a camera fly over and the tiling is rather noticeable. I noticed Nathan was having the same issues in some of the videos he posted and didn't really show a fix. I know I could cover it up somewhat by blending some of the splat maps together with perlin but I was wondering if there was a better way.

16. eagle555

eagle555

Did you try click the 'Refresh' button in TC2 window? Does it output anything on the terrain?

Yes but Scene window can be used as 2D as well and still has the same controls, and as far as I know the mouse setup can't be changed. The issue is with that there are quite some dependencies, left mouse button is already used for popup menu's. I can take a look if I can make it setup able...

This is a limitation of the standard Unity terrain shader. It needs a custom shader solution and RTPv3 terrain shader is the best for that. I invented an algorithm to get rid of tiling and it's used in RTP. What it does is blending 2 the same splat textures but with different size (this is a known solution called 'UV' blending), but with mine the size is changing based on distance from the camera. I show it in this video, think in this video you can barely see any tiling:

In RTP this can be controlled with the far replace slider for each splat texture. For beta 7 I'm working on a custom terrain shader to be able to have a global colormap/normal map out of the box. And will implement my algorithm as well to get rid of splat texture tiling.

Nathaniel

17. ninmado

ninmado

Hi everyone.
    I was interested in buying terrain composer 2.
    But I had a question:
    Those desert houses (arab) houses in the trailer are they included in the sample scenes?
    If not does anyone know where to get them?
    Thanks in advance.

18. hopeful

hopeful

Are you looking for these? They're models outside of TC2.

19. ZenMicro

ZenMicro

Hmm, I think right click would be best for pop-up menu. In any case i hope if can be configured I just find it awkward and clumsy and not very intuitive at the present. (perhaps the least of my worries right now :)).

20. johnmcmahonart

johnmcmahonart

Yea I thought I had read about a custom shader that did UV tiling I just couldn't remember where. Thanks for the response!

21. eagle555

eagle555

Yes although I wonder don't you find navigating through Scene window awkward and clumsy as well? I mean if you put it on 2D mode you also have to use these controls, so if someone makes a 2d game it has the exact same controls. I wonder does anybody else have issues with it?

Yep they are from Middle East Enviroment pack.

Nathaniel

22. ZenMicro

ZenMicro

I only ever have the scene view on 3D and I fly around in it quite comfortably and the the zoom with mousewheel feels natural for 3D I think. - I think it had default navigation similar to what I was used to before (not like say Blender which i can't move at all and gave up on it), I hope there isn't a Unity limitation that will stop you from being able to make the TC2 window navigate differently.

23. eagle555

eagle555

Yes I think it's a matter of what you are used to. I will make it customize-able ;)

Nathaniel

24. MrIconic

MrIconic

1. Does the integration between WC - RTP - TC only exist with TC1 and not TC2?

2. I bought WC yesterday and the "create terrain" makes this...

ridgesterrain.png

Steps EVERYWHERE. You can even see them in the background of that image.

If I export the heightmap and place it into TC2 it comes up perfectly. However, I then lose all the pseudo-splatmap.

3. I saw you say something about RTP creating a splatmap that makes the textures less blurry when you zoom in.

So I imported that since I've had RTP for a long time. WC does add the RTP components when you press "create terrain" but I cannot find a way to get out of the WC "create terrain" into a RTP-TC2 mashup wherein the "splat textures" from WC are still present.

25. eagle555

eagle555

Steps occur if you higher the heightmap resolution, which you shouldn't due unless you want to do manual heightmap editing. I explain in WorldComposer troubleshooting.
    http://www.terraincomposer.com/troubleshooting/

Yes will make TC2, RTP and WC work together in beta 7. With my custom terrain shader solution images from WC can be used as colormap or if RTP is present in RTP as colormap.

Nathaniel

26. tequyla

tequyla

Hello Nathaniel,

i m interrested by this feature :
    Random system for creating random terrain.

could you explain the functionnalities ?

i guess, we found:
    - size map : small, medium, big and custom ( Lxl )
    - % of water
    - % of mountain
    - % of plain
    - island / valley / plain / coast
    - height
    - desert, grass, sand

thanks a lot

27. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

Happy to see "streaming" is comming to TC2 and i hope for good documentation on this on all of that topic including the camera surounding streaming :)

28. impactit

impactit

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
  29. Arkade

Arkade

Glad to hear about Beta7! I'll leave RTP alone for now then.

Next I wish to place my game bits and customize the terrain. (An integrated heightmap painting node might be handy but I really like the idea of the Collision thing so I'm fiddling with that next and...)

Got a question / bug:
    Without the "Repeat" flag set, I don't seem to get any effect.

I followed instructions in docs 4.5
    I already have beta 6, patch 7 applied so have blur inwards. (though this is probably working correctly, it doesn't affect whether I see the result).

2 screenshots showing situation. 1'st shows it working with Repeat set, 2'nd not working without repeat. With repeat, the mask shows the little white dot flashing! The GPU is also pegged at 15%.

Thx, R.

EDIT: p.s. what's the timescale on beta 7 for RTP? :-D

EDIT: p.p.s. update on this below with potential root cause.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
  30. johnmcmahonart

johnmcmahonart

Is there a link for the latest patch? The dropbox link on the terraincomposer website doesn't work. I am having a lot of weird problems with the UI. One looks like it may be a draw issue with unity itself (If I add tress sometimes the mesh's get distorted until I rotate the view slightly so it redraws the terrain) and I have several issues with terrain composer not remembering some settings for various layers or other setting inside the terrain area object. Is there a list somewhere of the keyboard shortcuts used?

31. EternalAmbiguity

EternalAmbiguity

Same. I intend to have large terrains, and even with just 9 standard terrains (changing no terrain settings) I'm getting less effective performance than I would hope for. Part of this might because there doesn't seem to be any culling going on.
    @eagle555, does TC2 have any kind of automatic culling (like implied on your website)? If so, how is it enabled?

Additionally, how do I get RTP to work with TC2? I don't see an option anywhere like TC had.

And any info on the whole "not saving settings" thing?

32. Arkade

Arkade

Hey, @EternalAmbiguity
    A couple of quick answers from a fellow user since I happen to know...

RTP support is coming in the next beta (7) -- not yet available.

Culling is planned but not yet available. (I'm less sure of schedule for this one.)

HTH, R.

@eagle555 FAQ += (RTP + culling + infinite generation + etc) // this thread is a bit of a monster! :eek: ;)

EternalAmbiguity likes this.
  33. EternalAmbiguity

EternalAmbiguity

Many thanks.

34. Arkade

Arkade

Update on my "Repeat" flag oddity: It works fine with only a single Terrain. With more than 1, one sometimes sees the effect for a moment then it is removed. I guess the MyUpdate() code is being called for multiple Terrains in the grid and the cT.Copy(t) is being done once and not noticed for other tiles (cT.hasChanged(t) returning false).

HTH, R.

35. Arkade

Arkade

Um, yeah, me again. I know. Sorry :D

Next tiny bug: Resizing Terrain Area down, the 'terrainSelect' is retained and potentially exceeds the new length. I.e. if you have 3x3 Terrain Area with the middle one selected then reduce to 1x1, next time you select the "Terrain Area" GameObject, you'll get the following error:

ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
    Parameter name: index
    at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[TerrainComposer2.TCUnityTerrain].get_Item (Int32 index) [0x0000c] in /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections.Generic/List.cs:633
    at TerrainComposer2.TC_TerrainArea.GetSize () [0x00000] in D:\Users\Rupert\Dev\Unity3D\UberShderExperiments\Assets\TerrainComposer2\Scripts\Terrain\TC_TerrainArea.cs:328
    at TerrainComposer2.TC_TerrainArea.GetAll () [0x00036] in D:\Users\Rupert\Dev\Unity3D\UberShderExperiments\Assets\TerrainComposer2\Scripts\Terrain\TC_TerrainArea.cs:313
    at TerrainComposer2.TC_TerrainAreaEditor.OnEnable () [0x0004f] in D:\Users\Rupert\Dev\Unity3D\UberShderExperiments\Assets\TerrainComposer2\Scripts\Editor\TC_TerrainAreaEditor.cs:24
    (Filename: /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections.Generic/List.cs Line: 633)

Obviously an easy workaround: Before resizing, ensure you've selected terrain in the top left corner.

HTH, R.

36. AndreyO

AndreyO

Hello Nathaniel. It seems Collision Node broken when working with multiple tiles. It seems, Collision Node only works properly for first 2 tiles. For the rest tiles collision texture starts to repeat.

How to reproduce:
    1. Create terrain 3x3
    2. Generate some blue objects on each tile
    3. Add white and red splatmap to terrains
    4. Create layer group with those 2 splatmaps, add yellow node which paint red splatmap based on collisions
    5. See that red splatmap properly generated only on first 2 tiles
    See screenshots:
    bug.png settings.png

P.S. Also notice red artifact lines in bottom of each tile

37. Arkade

Arkade

@AndreyO
    In case it's related to 2 of my posts above (4680 and 4686), does the the "Repeat" flag have any bearing on your result?

38. Arkade

Arkade

@eagle555
    A few questions/enhancement requests re. object spawning (which I'm loving so far, btw)!

1. how can one have objects aligned to the surface?

2. how can one drag in large groups of prefabs to spawn?

3. how can one have multiple objects at the same location? (e.g. potentially spawn rocks on prefab (non-terrain) mounds.)

4. how can one restrict the total number of a certain object? (e.g. I want only 1 entrance and 1 exit.)

Thx, R.

39. PiAnkh

PiAnkh

I have the same problem also with unity 5.4 and TC2. The TC2 window will not even load.
    These are the error messages I get
    TC2 error.jpg

40. Quast

Quast

Can i make rivers and waterfall ?

41. eagle555

eagle555

I don't mean that with the description. This is something that I will look into in a later version. For beta 7 I'm making a script that can be attached to a node and it will duplicate it an x amount and randomize the transform, also be able to choose from a list of stamps or noises.

Will the streaming is basically plug and play, nothing difficult about it :)

There's only 4 warnings coming from TC2, the rest is from other Assets (scripts). It's a completely harmless warning about Unity changed the way how to use Random.seed. It's deprecated which means it still works, but is replaced by something different/better and will be removed in a future version of Unity. I will remove this warning in Beta 7, but TC2 works fine in Unity 5.4.

Nathaniel

42. eagle555

eagle555

Here's the patch. Before you patch can you show screenshots of what is happening? In the TerrainArea GameObject the terrain setting doesn't save correctly. I have this fixed in beta 7.

Nathaniel

Attached Files:

43. eagle555

eagle555

QUOTE="AndreyO, post: 2739519, member: 541772"]Hello Nathaniel. It seems Collision Node broken when working with multiple tiles. It seems, Collision Node only works properly for first 2 tiles. For the rest tiles collision texture starts to repeat.

How to reproduce:
    1. Create terrain 3x3
    2. Generate some blue objects on each tile
    3. Add white and red splatmap to terrains
    4. Create layer group with those 2 splatmaps, add yellow node which paint red splatmap based on collisions
    5. See that red splatmap properly generated only on first 2 tiles
    See screenshots:
    View attachment 196286 View attachment 196287

P.S. Also notice red artifact lines in bottom of each tile[/QUOTE]

The Collision doesn't work correctly on multi terrains in beta 6. I have this fixed in beta 7. Time scale for RTP integration is the next few days.

Good catch ;) and thanks for telling. I have this fixed in beta 7.

Oh 'Repeat' will keep re-generating every frame, it shouldn't be used. I put it there for testing, will remove it...

1). I will add this in beta 7 ;).

2). You mean that it will spawn the prefab then go through all the children and align them with terrain height?

3). That something I will add in a later version, that you can spawn objects around objects to unlimited levels.

4). I will add this in beta 7...

Looks like you loaded an example Scene. Can you open a new Scene and then try open the TC2 window? What error do you get?

Here on Unity 5.4.0f3 TC2 works fine:

TC2_Unity5.4.jpg

Nathaniel

Arkade likes this.
  44. PiAnkh

PiAnkh

I have been able to fix it by deleting TC2 in an empty scene and reimporting. Not sure what caused the problem but I can confirm now that TC2 is working fine in my project in Unity 5.4
    Thanks

45. eagle555

eagle555

Hello everyone,

I already added tons of features in Beta 7. E.g:

• A complete new library of noises where you can get great looking procedural landscapes. There are advanced noises in there that give 'Erosion' look. It includes many variations of cell noise (voronoi). This screenshot is just made with procedural noises made in a minute.

NewNoiseLibrary.jpg

• Node groups within node groups. This allows you do have a group of nodes that is treated as one node, like 3 + 1 + (-5 + 2 * 4). This creates endless new possibilities.

NodeGroupWithin.jpg
    • Image node. Now you can use images like in TC1, but you can control it for each color channel.

ImageNode.jpg

• Edge detect node. Also I made shapes (circle and rectangle) repeatable, so they can be used for having a fixed distance between placement.

EdgeDetectNode.jpg
    Many more features, improvements and fixes:
    http://www.terraincomposer.com/roadmap/

But I put too much in there at once and since some basic things don't work in beta 6 (like object placement and collision node doesn't work correctly on multi terrain), that I have all fixed in beta 7, I will try to release it in it's current state as soon as possible. There are some new issues reported (like terrain settings don't get saved) and I will go through all of them and fix them then I will release it as a patch. Also the features that are almost ready and don't take much time I will finish those before releasing as well.

Nathaniel

red2blue, docsavage, Seneral and 2 others like this.
  46. Arkade

Arkade

Thx.

Great news! (when fiddling with new tech, it's always nice to be able to post great looking screenshots, especially for #screenshotsaturday ;-) )

Great! thx!

More if one has 16 prefabs that one wishes to add to a GameObject spawn selector, it's a real pain to duplicate all the nodes then have to select them one at a time and set their "Spawn Object" field (hopping backwards and forwards between TC and Inspector). It'd seem preferable to be able to drag prefabs onto the first Spawn Node and have it set the field and/or add extra Spawn Nodes (as appropriate).

In fact, thinking about it, there's probably another level of abstraction that might be handy (as a future enhancement) -- similar to the approach used for grass, etc:
    Could the Spawn Node(s) take something that holds a list of members from which to choose? It/they would display the same way but it'd make swapping-out one set of prefabs for another set *much* easier.
    Hmm I guess this is somewhat already handled by the facility to make prefabs of Group Nodes? I was picturing it being handy for future 'runtime generation' needs. Not pushing for now -- just putting it out there.

+

I'm really curious about this point. Seems like there are 3 dimensions of hope/expectation. I'll enumerate and hope @eagle555 will correct!
    • Low-level vs. High-level inputs:
      We can't (yet) say "percentage water" (a high-level description) but we can build and tune graph nodes to give this result. I doubt this "High-level" approach is planned, right?
    • Editor vs. Runtime:
      We can already change seed in the Editor to regenerate. I believe one can also do this at runtime so this is already set.
      Personally, I'm hoping to set a random seed at level Start() to give a pseudo-random procedural level. (not looked into where I need to do this yet.)
    • Scale expectations -- 2 sub-dimensions:
      • Single-terrain vs. multi-terrain: one currently needs to ensure your graph works correctly on multiple terrains and a few nodes are a little tricky for this (e.g. Square has absolute values -- it'd be better to have something akin to the UGUI bound edegs, etc?)
      • Finite vs. infinite: We can currently do finite terrain generation. I guess this is the crux of the original question and your response? You hope to do infinite generation in the future -- right?

Erm isn't this what Object Spawner does already? (suspect I've misunderstood this -- sorry.)

This sounds great!

Thx, R.

47. AndreyO

AndreyO

Hello. No, it doesn't

48. AndreyO

AndreyO

Good news. Looking forward for Beta 7 !

49. johnmcmahonart

johnmcmahonart

The issue with unity not drawing the terrain correctly isn't happening anymore so I'm not sure what that was about. It looked more like a unity issue then TC. Is the settings not saving related to my inability to use any of the brushes's on terrains? They work fine in the editor but if I try to view the scene they get cleared. I am trying to remove some trees from a pool of water I created and it just resets every time. Disabling the entire tree layer doesn't work either but I assume this is related to the setting save issue. I have to use the reset trees option to clear trees out. Even if the layer is marked disabled it still renders.

Really glad to hear you are incorporating more noise types. I have been having a really hard time getting useful terrains without using stamps

50. EternalAmbiguity

EternalAmbiguity

This is good to see. This is a very weird question, but when do you think you'll be "done" adding noise/procedural generation features to TC2? I ask this because I'm planning on using that as my sole form of terrain generation for one of my projects, so I'll need to tweak the settings until I have something that works well with a bunch of different seeds. Just yesterday, for instance, through the use of a hotkey script and screenshot program I took 3000 images (2.54 GB!) of my terrain, with the seed for a perlin node going from 1-3000. And of course if something new and cool comes out after I've already established the settings, I either can't use it or need to start from the ground up.

So basically, I want to have all of the noise features available for when I tweak the settings to where I want them to be for the rest of the project. Any idea when that would be? I realize this is an odd and kind of difficult question.