Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Telekinect (Unity + Kinect)

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by cbauman, Mar 2, 2012.

1. cbauman

cbauman

Hello everyone!

I want to share my class's senior video game project that we will be presenting at GDC this coming week. It's basically a prototype for a third-person action adventure game. We may or may not stick together to make this a complete game but regardless, we're happy with how it has turned out and welcome feedback. Forewarning, we are all programmers so we lack skills in art, 3D modeling, and animation. Okay, on with the details...

Concept: In this game, you play the role of a telekinetic being that is trying to escape an elemental mind prison. The backstory of this setting revolves around the tensions between two classes: the Telekinetics and the Mages. Betrayal and misconception lead to the head mage imprisoning our main character in this prison. The game takes place thousands of years after these events, where our main character regains consciousness and seeks freedom.

Main Features:
    • Uses the Kinect as input
    • 3D navigation (not "on rails" like most commercial Kinect games)
    • Single or Multiplayer (co-op)
    • Telekinesis
    • Elemental manipulation - Being a telekinetic, you're not able to control the elements directly. So you use utility orbs, controlled by your telekinetic ability, to absorb elements and use them against enemies or on the environment.

Here is a little trailer video I made for it and a poster concept my friend sketched for us. Enjoy!

2. Brumcar

Brumcar

Dude this is epic, really like the intro "Telekinect - We're done dancing" xD

3. aixaix

aixaix

OMG! That's just amazing!

4. TehWut

TehWut

5. cbauman

cbauman

Thanks guys.
    @Brumcar: Haha yeah, we felt that phrase fit nicely. Enough of the dancing Kinect games.

6. Pendrokar

Pendrokar

@cbauman
    So you aren't going to ever publish this to Xbox 360 and Xbox One? From Nov 2013 to June 2014 Xbox One was always sold with a Kinect, so there is quite the market there.

7. cbauman

cbauman

@Pendrokar
    My classmates and I had always considered the possibility of turning it into a full game and releasing it for for those consoles, but it never evolved to that point. We all still have the project, so who knows? The project is still a favorite of mine. Thanks for showing interest.

8. NareshKhandla

NareshKhandla

Great work!