Search Unity

Talon Code Mapper and Unity

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by chilton, Aug 17, 2015.

1. chilton

chilton

Hi,

I am adding Unity (well, C# and Javascript) to my code mapper, Talon, and someone told me this might actually be the only code mapper that works with Unity. Is that true?

If you were hired to work on an existing codebase, how would you visualize their source code? Or does this concept just not exist for most Unity developers?

Screenshot is an overview of the logical flow in an Update function, in a C# file, in Talon. What other apps would I be competing with here?

Thank you,
    -Chilton Webb

Attached Files:

jpthek9 likes this.
  2. CaoMengde777

CaoMengde777

ooh id love to have it, if its reasonably cheap... i was wanting to make up some kind of organizational app. myself to help me along this looks cool.

dont know if something like this exists, would love to have it!

3. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

The idea of an automated code mapper is tempting. When jumping on a new project I typically spend hours simply brute forcing my way into understanding.

However your screenshot doesn't really look much cleaner then going to code directly. Have you got a link to some existing stuff I can have a look through or a description of how it works?

4. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

Okay, just watched this.

I'm not aware of any other tools that can do this with Unity. At least not any that I have heard of. Is it available for use yet? I'm keen to give it a try. The number of hours it could have saved me on my last project is phenomenal.

5. darkhog

darkhog

Hm, could've used this as well.

6. chilton

chilton

Thanks guys!

It's coming along pretty well. It's just slow going between this an client work.
    As soon as I have something for Unity users to use, I'll post it.

-Chilton

CaoMengde777 and Kiwasi like this.