Search Unity

T4M Black Edition

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by SJAM, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Tiles

Tiles

Hm what shader are you using? Default is the shader that uses 4 textures.

2. Ivik-Nier

Ivik-Nier

T4M 5(6) Textures Unlit

3. Nikul

Nikul

Just bought the package, after import I get:

Assets/T4M/Editor/T4MExtendsSC.cs(538,97): error CS0117: `Resources' does not contain a definition for `LoadAssetAtPath'

Any ideas? I am on Unity 4.2

4. topofsteel

topofsteel

What is the best shader for mobile development (android) thanks.

5. Autonoma

Autonoma

Are there any size restrictions with T4M? I have a terrain that is 10k by 10k, and 8k tall.. Would that be supported?

6. topofsteel

topofsteel

I had trouble with large terrains at one point, but I think the developer fixed it. I would be glad to test it for you if PM me your email or whatever.

7. greencrazycat

greencrazycat

My work: terrain for mobile platforms
    blender->unity->T4M

$island_mobile_small.jpg

Last edited: Sep 14, 2013
  8. tripknotix

tripknotix

Hiya azert2k,
    i was having trouble running terrain 4 mobile shaders in Vertex lit camera mode. currently thats how i change the quality of my shaders, using a fallback and vertex-lit. however the only shaders that seem to be compatible are 2 textures with opengles 1.1, i tried to make it use 4, because i noticed you have one with light-maps, yet i dont know enough about shaders to make it work. is there any way you can get some vertex-lit shaders that work with more than 2 textures, even 3 textures would be enough for me.

9. XilenceX

XilenceX

I'm getting quite an ugly bug when I am using the SM2 4 Diffuse+normalmaps shader. Once Unistorm turns the game to nighttime all terrain meshes that are NOT the main (first) terrain piece get blue pixel errors. $blues.jpg
    This doesn't seem to happen if I run the game on my Surface Pro. So maybe it has something to do with my GTX 780 card. unfortunately I can't use the SM3 version of the shader either as that one comes out extremely colorfull on the Surface Pro (Intel HD4000) when I start the game.
    So are there any alternative shaders available that do the same 4 diffuse+normalmaps and work with T4M, but don't cause horrible glitches?

Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
  10. creat327

creat327

hi there,
    i'm having trouble creating trees. I thought I could just paint them as I see on the video but when I select the tree on the tool and mouse over the editor, all i can do is move the objects. No trees are draw at any place.
    Do I need to press a key for trees to be draw with the mouse or what's the secret?

11. creat327

creat327

wow, that one fixed itself when i hit "save" on the project.

anyway, is there a way to modify the terrain mesh? after converting, lot of points are meters away so I need to adjust the terrain. I see no tool to flatten or move the vertex. Is there a tool for it or something to do it on the asset store?

12. RetronamicGames

RetronamicGames

Does this work with Flash export?

13. Tiles

Tiles

The billboarding is broken. It doesn`t turn off the billboards anymore :(

Azert, are you still around here? Or is this project abandoned?

EDIT, have it. Or better said a friend found the problem. Thanks Flatterbacke.

The problem resides in the T4MObjSC.cs script. The line 233 is wrong. There is a ! too much in this line.

Replace this:

Code (csharp):
    1. }else if (BillStatus[j] != 0  !BillScript[j].Render.enabled){
    by this:
    Code (csharp):
    2. }else if (BillStatus[j] != 0  BillScript[j].Render.enabled){
    and the billboards turns off again when they are out of reach.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
  14. kilik128

kilik128

it's possible to move terrain by script
    i have set him in gameobject for transform.position but she look fixed

15. Tiles

Tiles

This has nothing to do with T4M. You cannot move static content.

16. jococo

jococo

I'm using Unity 3.5.7 (non pro) and have a t4m mesh I've painted up with t4m but I'm seeing the mesh use 4 draw calls.

The mesh is static and dynamic batching is turned on.

Anything else I'm missing?

17. Tiles

Tiles

There`s the splatshader with the 4 texures applied, rigth? That`s 4 drawcalls. One for each texture.

18. Lakemonster

Lakemonster

Hi!

The tool seems great, and I'd like to give it a go! :)

However, we have several developers, and therein lies my question. Does each unity installation require the T4M tool in order to open the scene, or can it be viewed, edited (everything other than than the T4M terrain) by the other developers not having it?

Thanks in advance for your reply!

19. philociraptor

philociraptor

Any ideas why this is running so slowly with the latest unity updates? Its framing really badly making surface painting pretty much impossible for us?

20. gecko

gecko

I have a terrain with several thousand trees already placed in the terrain engine. Is there a way to automatically convert those to T4M's tree/billboard system?

21. Earlybird

Earlybird

I have just started playing with T4M, although I am having problems with the billboards
    If i use a single billboard instance and paint it all over the terrain I get 1 draw call but if I add another billboard instance the batching seems broken and im left with over 200 draw calls?

Any ideas?

22. Disastercake

Disastercake

I've noticed that Unity Terrains really do have terrible performance natively. A very simple terrain is already at over 60 draw calls before trees, grass, rocks, and anything else are implemented. I am looking at this tool to help optimize it, but is it now dead? I see many questions here but the dev hasn't been around for half a year, which worries me more than extra draw calls does.

23. BamaRockerr

BamaRockerr

Can a T4m terrain be converted back to a unity terrain...We have a game that is now finished and would like to strip off t4m and have a high res version of our terrain...Is this possible, thanks

24. mohitj

mohitj

Hi,

Has anyone used this with Unity 4.2.2f and iOS 7?

Thank you,

Mohit

25. strongbox3d

strongbox3d

Hello Guys,

Does T4M keeps caves in models imported from 3dx max? Could you please let me know.

Regards,
    Carlos

26. p87

p87

lower the pixel error on your terrain... there are several other resolution settings for the terrain that you can lower.

27. BL44ST

BL44ST

Does this tool allow you to place trees based on a splat map?

28. Baldwin

Baldwin

Hi im having an issue here. I want grass all over my map, but why can I only add grass only certain parts of the terrian? Like I can add grass every 34 radius, everytime when I try to paint them close close, it does not paint on the grass model...or is the brush to big? Can it be smaller??

here as you can see...please reply asap...

http://puu.sh/82G9M.png

29. Baldwin

Baldwin

Also.... Im trying to texture this cliff with two textures, but I cant.....Its not letting me paint on it...whats happening???

http://puu.sh/83ajs.png

30. Baldwin

Baldwin

Btw, are you going to add bump map to the worldprojection shader??? With dynamic lighting???

31. PatrickKa

PatrickKa

This Asset is useless it you want to use it for a tileable Terrain. The reason is very disappointing. If the Terrain differs in width and length the resulting object is just wrong. Seems the Asset cannot handle this correctly. Furthermore the resulting Terrain is smaller than the original one. It is always missing stuff at the edges. All in all that is very disappointing because it actually works good but the limitations make it very hard and uncomfortable to use.

Right now I'm trying to find a workaround. Could use that time somewhere else. If only it would be possible to convert a Terrain that difers in width and length. That would be a workaround I could live with.

32. SJAM

SJAM

Hi there !

Because lot of persons ask me why my assets are not updated since a long time. I will explains the reasons.

I learn, last month, that I have the Tourette's syndrome (without dirty words, and screams), but I have motor tics since 32 years. The problem is that my spine is very damaged now and I can't stay sit more than 4 hours without feel a very big pain.

I know is not your problem and you don't care, but I need to tell that...

Normally, At this time, all my assets works on last Unity version.

Since a long time, two of my assets have remained number one of paid apps and was very appreciated. It's because I wrote this message, I don't want see bad rating, because of me and my bad health.

A this time, I can't work at my job (programmer analyst .NET). I'm afraid for the future, I try to work on a game, with hope to earn lot of money like you, to ensure my future. But like for my assets, I can't devote lot of time on it... because I need to rest.

Now, I can say that I understand if you don't want to buy my assets, because I can't work regularly on it, or add new features quickly, but for now, T4M works fine.

And I keep all my assets up to date, for new version of unity.

Stéphane

Last edited: Jul 20, 2014
  33. SJAM

SJAM

Just to confirm that the T4M works perfectly with Unity 4.5.2 :

upload_2014-7-18_11-15-29.png

34. sjm-tech

sjm-tech

Hi Stéphane,
    I'm very happy to see you in this forum after long time ...but i'm very sorry for your health ... I can say to all unity users that this tool is my favorite tool of ever and works perfectly with the last version of unity in each parts. I use T4M in each of my projects since the first version. Great tool... thank Stéphane for it.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2014
  35. Tiles

Tiles

Ah, real life and health problems. A nasty combination. I wish you the very best for the future!

36. ThreeDeeNut

ThreeDeeNut

Wow. I purchased this (Source Code Edition) and it doesn't even work. There is a error that comes up saying "Assets/T4M/Editor/T4MExtendsSC.cs(148,46): warning CS0618: `UnityEditor.Undo.RegisterUndo(UnityEngine.Object[], string)' is obsolete: `Use Undo.RecordObjects instead' "

After I convert my mesh (fbx file from Maya) to a T4M Terrain, I run the Mesh Optimization and then T4M tells me "Please, Select the T4M Object" and that is it. T4M doesn't recognize that the terrain is selected and I don't know what to do after that point.

Here is a video of it not working
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6647893/T4M Not Working.wmv

The developer is MIA...unresponsive...not sure what I am going to do...

37. sjm-tech

sjm-tech

It's only a warning....you can rid on replaceing line 148 of T4MExtendsSC.cs with:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Undo.RecordObjects(UndoObj, "T4MMask");
    Regard "Mesh Optimization" you can comment the line 594 of T4MSC.cs

Code (CSharp):
    1.  //PrefabUtility.RevertPrefabInstance(CurrentSelect.gameObject);

Last edited: Sep 13, 2014
  38. SJAM

SJAM

Hi there,

T4M v2.5 is now uploaded and soon available on the store
    - Updated for U4.5 and U4.6
    - Fix Warning
    - Fix Non-Square terrain conversion (thank to Cid Newman)
    - Better conversion quality
    - Remove Undo line for now, because ''Undo.RecordObjects'' give a big lag when you paint... I wait a fix from Unity Team

(I haven't billboard issue here (look demo scene), I will investigate)

Stay tune for new version !

39. Tiles

Tiles

Hey Azert! Good to see you around here :)

Have you meanwhile fixed this little rascal? :)

Last edited: Sep 13, 2014
  40. SJAM

SJAM

Hi Tiles :)

I don't try yet, I will see that. But I don't see this issue when I update the new release.

I keep you aware

41. SJAM

SJAM

@ThreeDeeNut
    Just do your UVMapping on your mesh, I just sent you your mesh fixed...

I will update the T4M Shader soon and T4M interfarce, for pixalization problem (like Unity Terrain on some Android devices, and look for billboard)

Best Regards
    Stephane

Last edited: Sep 16, 2014
  42. SJAM

SJAM

@Tiles
    I confirm that I haven't any issue with billboard, with the Unity Store version. Just Deactivate and reactivate the billboard, it will fix your problem.

Keep me aware

Stephane

43. Tiles

Tiles

Hi Stephane,

Thanks for having a look. But the error is still there. Script T4MObjSC.cs, Line 233:

Code (CSharp):
    1.             }else if (BillStatus[j] != 0 && !BillScript[j].Render.enabled){
    2.                     BillScript[j].Render.enabled = false;
    3.                     BillStatus[j] = 0;
    4.             }
    This line does the following: When Billboard script is NOT enabled, then turn it OFF ... . The problem is that it should turn it off when it is enabled. When it is already disabled, then there is no need to disable it anymore :)

This means as a consequence that the billboards stays enabled all the time ...

Last edited: Sep 16, 2014
  44. SJAM

SJAM

@Tiles
    Can you try whith a blank project please?
    What's your Unity version and T4M version?

45. Tiles

Tiles

It is a blank project. And the T4M Version is the newest one, downloaded from the Asset store a few moments before. V 2.4a

It looks like everything works fine. But the billboards doesn't turn off. Run your example file TutoU4, and have a look at your Billb assets. They all stay activated while the camera goes round the island.

Stephane, i already provided you the script and the line. Just have a look at the script and the code line that i have provided. Logic tells you then that there is something funky going on. As told, you have to deactivate the billboards that are active, not the already deactivated ones. That way the activated billboards stays activated forever. There is a ! too much in the code :)

46. SJAM

SJAM

I think I don't understand the problem correctly, so contact me by email and send me exemple please.
    I'm lost :)

47. Tiles

Tiles

It's really simple. The billboards doesn't turn off anymore once they are activated. Which makes the whole billboard system obsolete then. When it doesn't turn off the billboards that are out of reach then i don't need a billboard system anymore.

I already gave you two times the script name and even the line where the problem resides. And i provided even the solution. You just need to remove the ! sign that is too much, as shown. And all is fine :)

48. SJAM

SJAM

oK? I understand you use MaxViewDistance algorithm, not the layerculling(much faster) than MaxViewDistance.
    I will see that ASAP ;)

49. jonkuze

jonkuze

I just purchased this asset so I could optimize my Unity Terrain, but when I apply the conversion I seem to lose my terrain textures, and the map just looks like a big mess. How do I get around this issue or bug?

50. SJAM

SJAM

Well , I just try it, I have no problems here, just need to increase the viewing distance. If you change the line 233 the algorithm does not properly control the distance and increase the number of drawcalls .
    You must leave it as it was . simply increase the viewing distance , because it is not yet obsolete.
    I have to show you , we can make a TeamViewer , I'll show you how it works .
    Or use the Layerculling instead of MaxViewDistance, it's much faster.
    Keep me aware, I will show you.