Search Unity

[SYSTEM] Mouse Interaction - Object Highlight script

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Blodorag, Jun 29, 2015.

?

What do you want for the next update ?

1. Highlight for grouped objects

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Detailed tooltip (like mmorpg)

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. Minimum/maximum distance for interactions

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. System of selecting

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  5. Object animation when interacted with mouse / center of screen

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. Blodorag

Blodorag

Hello everyone !

Mouse Interaction - Object Highlight is now available !

Webplayer available here !

The Mouse Interaction - Object Highlight system allows multiple interaction between objects and mouse / center of screen.
    This system adds an effect of highlight to objects hit by mouse (or center of screen) and a tooltip can be displayed near this object.

Highlights, tooltips and all other settings are completely customizable for all applications you want (point'n'click, first-person rpg, first-person adventure, fps, hidden object, escape the room and so many games you're able to develop)

Two ways of interaction (mouse and center of screen)

A simple box can be ticked for switching between two ways of interaction.
    Mouse interaction allows objects to interact with the mouse cursor.
    Center of screen allows objects to interact with the center of the view (like first-person games)

Highlight effect is completely customizable

You can customize the highlight color, the speed of interactions (color fading) and the emission value of the highlight (object appear more bright)

Tooltip is completely customizable

All settings of the tooltip are customizable.
    You can change the text, text color (and alpha), text size, text font, text alignment, text shadow (color, alpha and position) and text position (about mouse/center of screen)
    Finally you can hide or show the text.

Extremely easy to use

All settings are available in the inspector panel, so no need to edit the script if you want to customize the system.
    Even so scripts are very clean and completely commented.
    For the center of screen interaction, attach the CameraRaycast script to your main active camera.

Evolutive system

Many features will come very soon, and the Mouse Interaction - Object Highlight system will grow up over time.

Available on the next update :
    - Highlight for grouped objects
    - Detailed tooltip (like mmorpg)
    - Minimum/maximum distance for interactions
    - System of selecting
    - Object animation when interacted with mouse / center of screen

How to use

- Put the MouseInteraction script on the object
    - Make sure to have put a collider on the object
    - Put the CameraRaycast script on the main camera (if you want the center of screen interaction)
    - Let's play !

Demo scene can be sent on request.

All platforms supported

Webplayer available here !

For more informations about the Mouse Interaction - Object Highlight system
    Documentation - English
    Documentation - Français

I need all your feedbacks (good and bad) to be able to improve the script to supply you a high-performance system of interaction !

Thanks to all, good day to everybody !

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  2. WickedRabbitGames

WickedRabbitGames

Thanks for your work on this! Looking forward to whatever improvements you make.

Blodorag likes this.
  3. Blodorag

Blodorag

Many thanks CodexofRome !
    The next update will come very soon with new features (Distance Interaction, Grouped Object, Multi-Materials support and few fixes)

4. shwa

shwa

Hi,
    Looks interesting.
    I'm looking for an asset that would allow the player to move a 3d model after clicking on it.
    Does Mouse Interaction do this?

thanks

5. Blodorag

Blodorag

Hi shwa,

Unfortunatly, the Mouse Interaction script doesn't have this feature.

Sorry for the inconvenience :/

6. Selzier

Selzier

Is there an easy way for Mouse AND Touch/Click interaction?

So I want mouse over to highlight the object, but the user then selects the object by clicking on it. Optionally, I may want to show a "flashing" highlight (or perhaps different color) after the object has been clicked on.

7. Blodorag

Blodorag

Hi Selzier,

For the moment you can't mix mouse and touch interaction, and unfortunaly there is no flash option.
    But these can be a very good feature for a next update, thanks for your suggestions :)

8. Unlimited_Energy

Unlimited_Energy

no matter what I do the tool tip text color is black. Any solutions?

9. Blodorag

Blodorag

Hello sunseeker1988 :)

Can you send me more details (screenshots, little project) about your problem at support@arigasoft.com ?

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,
    Arigasoft

10. RendCycle

RendCycle

Hi! Can this be used to select multiple target objects on screen (i.e. mouse dragging or ctrl+clicking) and then be activated (fire an event like shoot or move those objects) only upon doing another mouse click or pressing another key (like in strategy games WarCraft, Company of Heroes, etc.)?

11. Blodorag

Blodorag

Hi RendCycle !

Unfortunately, Mouse Interaction cannot manage what you describe. It's just an asset which add visual effects (and other features) on an object when interacted (with mouse, center of the screen and touch/click)

However, with the last update you can easily trigger the interaction with an external call. So if you make yourself the selection system described above, the Mouse Interaction script will help you to trigger the visual change on the selected units.

Don't hesitate to contact me at support@arigasoft.com for more details :)

Have a nice day,

Arigasoft

12. RendCycle

RendCycle

Alright, thanks!

13. Freznosis

Freznosis

Is there any reason you limited this to only Unity 2018? Is it possible to submit a version also for us 2017 LTS users, this is the only thing holding me back from purchasing currently. :)

14. Blodorag

Blodorag

I'm working on the multi-version asset. I'll inform you as soon as it's ready.

Have a good day,

Arigasoft

Freznosis likes this.
  15. Blodorag

Blodorag

Version for Unity 2017 LTS users is available !
    If you have any problem don't hesitate to contact me at support@arigasoft.com

Freznosis likes this.
  16. mlhornbo

mlhornbo

Great asset, Arigasoft!

Finally posted a five-star review, which you absolutely deserve on this one.

I found your asset to be a very efficient way of implementing mouseovers in my indie puzzle/adventure game project Miniature Multiverse (http://www.miniaturemultiverse.com) which is moving forward rapidly and changing in some notable ways, expanding and improving very quickly at this point, and this mouseover system was perfect given that it is a very quick solution to use, very easy, and for this project that was pretty crucial as a lot of mouse-over interactions exist in the project. I could've kept going with a method done entirely with visual scripting but it wasn't worth doing it that way when your asset could save me [in all] at least 10-20 hours of dev time given the many hundreds of mouseovers I still had to implement in between other interactions and scenes to set up.

It IS possible to make a set of colliders around an object that trigger one after another. You set up a cube or mesh with a collider [box or mesh] all around it, set the mesh not to render, it's there only for collision. When the mouse goes over the mesh and hits its collider, that can be set to trigger a Bolt action which changes the texture of the object inside the mesh, even a video texture if you really want that, or some sort of patterned overlay alternate in Photoshop.

And then add a couple of added invisible cubes or meshes that also can be triggered by mouseover, each a bit larger or smaller than that one, set each to trigger a different texture on the object as the mouse moves closer in.

There's a bit more to it but it can be done. You can even make an object active and renderable on mouseover which means it's possible to have a [3d] animated overlay appear around the object that's highlighted on mouseover.

All in all, a very cool asset and I'll update this post soon with a few visual examples making it clear how this can easily work and what general types of additional effects are possible.

Thanks Arigasoft!

Blodorag likes this.
  17. Blodorag

Blodorag

Thanks for your cheers mlhornbo !

The Mouse Interaction - Object Highlight asset can be improve in many ways, all suggestions are appreciated.

I can't wait to see your examples :D

Have a nice day,

Arigasoft