Search Unity

SurvivalEngine PRO | Inventory, Weapons, Crafting, Building & MORE!

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Sykoo, Nov 2, 2015.

?

How much should SurvivalEngine PRO cost?

Poll closed Mar 5, 2016.
  1. 20$

7 vote(s)
    53.8%
  2. 40$

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
  3. 50$

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  4. 100$

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  1. Sykoo

Sykoo

Hello Walton! Unfortunately I received no mails regarding replies on this thread, so therefore I did not see it until you mailed me.

To investigate your issue further on a fresh level, I created a new project and imported SEPRO 1.8.1 (the version you have). I setup the arrays (by clicking on SurvivalEngine PRO tab then choosing "Setup Arrays"), and then straight forward added a new weapon, and it worked. I also received no warnings nor errors, all normal behavior. I think you might have missed setting up the arrays?

I would assume rest of the issues you stated are caused by arrays not being setup correctly. If they do, I'd believe there is something wrong in the project of yours. Mine works on a project filled with other assets, its original development project and the new one I just created to test this out.

If you haven't already, please re-import SurvivalEngine PRO to your project after deleting it, and first step setup the arrays. If you still experience the same issues, let me know. :)

2. Walton

Walton

Thanks Sykoo i will try what you have said.. Im sorry i did not see anything about setting up Arrays in the documentation that came with the asset

3. Sykoo

Sykoo

No problem! I will look at the docs soon to see if I have actually missed out on adding that into the tutorial.

4. Walton

Walton

Hi Sykoo have tried what you said... I get the same problem.. it looks like its my model, when i create a game object ( A Sphere) in unity it works, but i get the error on my imported FBX model from 3ds Max any ideas what it could be please...

Thank you

5. Sykoo

Sykoo

Oh I see, I'm honestly not quite sure. Did you make the model or is it an asset?
    I'm unfortunately not very good with modelling, so I would not know a lot about the issue and what may be causing it.

6. Walton

Walton

Ok Sykoo fixed it.. you have to put the model into the scene first and then drag it into the project window to make it a prefab then it works... thanks for your help and a great asset am looking forward to using it now.. O by the way how do i get updates when you release them?? and also i have looked through all the documentation again and can not see about setting up arrays.. again thank you...
    regards Tony

7. Sykoo

Sykoo

Awesome, that's good to hear! :)
    As soon as an update is released, you'll be notified by mail (I send mails through Sellfy whenever I update a package), and then it'll have a download link to the new version. You can also just go to the Sellfy page anytime and you will be able to download the latest version from there.

Alright, I'm sorry for the inconvenience. I'll fix the documentations asap! :) Thank you for notifying me about that.

8. Walton

Walton

Hi Sykoo sorry to bother you again but i am trying to learn your asset, i have started a new project and imported Survival Engine Pro, this time i have setup Arrays... all i have done is opened your demo scene and also import my own model which i have setup as a weapon. the first problem is that i can pick up the weapon ( Axe ) but can not use it or even see it in my hand when i select it from the inventory.. ( I think some tutorials would be very good for people to follow ) and the inventory window looks very messy, ( the Blueprints window over the Slots )... See Image Attached... is this how it is supposed to be ??? and i also cannot see how to get the crafting part working, ( again i think tutorials for each part of the Survival Engine Pro set up would be very helpful

Again thank you for a great asset ( even if i can not use it yet )

9. Sykoo

Sykoo

Hi Walton!
    The doc files already contain parts that will guide you through a starting step. However, I've realized now that I've missed an important note: if you're not using a custom weapon spawn point, you have to have a gameobject under MainCamera (as a child object of MainCamera), that's called "WeaponSpawnPoint" without quote marks (check screenshot below for example). That's the reason your weapons do not get equipped. And the WeaponSpawnPoint object has to be positioned where you want your weapons to be, basically infront of the camera, a bit to the side maybe.

The blueprint UI built-in to SurvivalEngine PRO is a temporary one to try out the functionalities. You are supposed to create a UI out of it, the sample code is already posted (you can find more about this in the Crafting doc.

Hope I was able to help you! I will be making some short video tutorials where I explain a bit more as tutorial, rather than just making a guide/showcase like the one I've made before I released the asset.

10. Walton

Walton

Thanks for your reply Sykoo but i still cannot get the weapon to show in the camera so i the posted some pictures for you to see and hope you can shed more light on the problem or anyone else help out please..
    The first pic you can see the axe in the level

The Second you can see the axe in the inventory window: ( so its bean picked up and gone from the scene )

The third picture is i have selected the Axe from the inventory as you can see from the Main Camera Spawn Point but cannot see it in front of the camera???

The Fourth picture is the view in scene view showing the position of the axe just next to and in front of the camera..... but no Axe...

Any body have any ideas please.... (Sykoo):(

Thank You

11. Sykoo

Sykoo

Hi Walton!
    For some reason, you (or other scripts in your project) keep disabling the mesh renderer for the axe object. Check in the last picture, if you look in your inspector menu you'll see that Mesh Renderer is unchecked (not being executed). Enable it, and it will be visible. :)

12. Walton

Walton

Thanks Sykoo for spotting that, what i have done now is started a new project and only import Survival Engine Pro opened your Demo scene and placed the axe.. and sure enough after picking it up the mesh renderer gets turned off.. now the only scripts that are in the project are your scripts nothing else please can you check this out.. if you want a copy of the Axe i would be happy to send it to you if it helps solve this problem... Thank you... Tony

13. Sykoo

Sykoo

SurvivalEngine PRO makes sure to put Mesh Renderer and Skinned Mesh Renderer on as soon as you run the game. It does not have to do with the axe. If you keep getting this error after restarting Unity, let me know and I'll make sure to double check (although I'm already sure that it does.

14. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

hi Sykoo,,as you know i purchased the asset some day ago but even followin the tutorial and after isetted my player camera etc.. hunger and thirst dont descrease over time and in your demo scene when i collect everythin e.g. helth pack ,when i use them in the inventorya got an error..

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    sSlot.Update () (at Assets/SurvivalEngine PRO/Scripts/Functionality/Inventory/sSlot.cs:94)

15. Sykoo

Sykoo

Did you change the values of thirst and hunger increase?
    By the way, the other issue you commented about (NullReferenceException) was an actual bug, so I've fixed it and released a hotfix. It can be downloaded through Sellfy (the same page you used to purchase the asset). Thank you for notifying me about it! :)

16. Sykoo

Sykoo

Patch Notes 1.8.2 (Hotfix)
    Game Side:
    • Fixed an error that'd give NullReferenceException for a slot when you'd choose an item through the inventory.

17. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

Hi ..glad to help for bugfixing.. LOl.

btw about hunger and thirst values dontchange issue, i only change the max limint for them set it to 100 but didnt change increase/descrese values...and is there a way these bars (health, hunger , thirst ) ca nbe dsplayed on screen?

even the demo scene has the same issue

Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
  18. Sykoo

Sykoo

You need to have increase greater than zero, so with the time. Make sure to look at the documentation called "1. Player".

19. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

obiu
    obviously...increase is greater than zero . i setted increase to 10 and rate to 1 to see but values doesnt move

20. Walton

Walton

Hi Sykoo

Have tried everything re-installed unity... installed 1.8.2 Survival Engine Pro.. all still the same Mesh Renderer gets turned off when picking it up... also please can you explain how the progress bar works.. if i check the box to turn it on when i start the level it gets turned off... any help please ( what version of unity should i be using...) im using 5.3.5...

21. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

the same to me unity 5.3.5 too

22. Sykoo

Sykoo

That's weird, considering I never heard of that issue before from any other customer, nor have I experienced that myself.

I will be checking that issue out tomorrow, and if I notice that there is something that prevents or prohibits Mesh Renderer to be activated, I'll release a hotfix.

23. Walton

Walton

Hi any update on my Mesh Renderer problem. Because as it stands this Asset is no good for me.. Also as stated before can you tell me how the progress bar works because if i check it on in the inspector when i start the level the tick goes off...

24. Sykoo

Sykoo

Hi!
    I'll be gone for a few hours today, but when I'm back it'll be my main priority to check out on the two stated bugs. If I find it to be a persisting issue, I'll patch it up and deploy a fix today. :) I will reply to this thread when I've done something.

25. Walton

Walton

Get getting this error pop up when using sWindow...

S_Window.OnGUI () (at Assets/SurvivalEngine PRO/Scripts/Editor/S_Window.cs:947)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)

26. Sykoo

Sykoo

I'm sorry but I've got some personal matters to take care of today, I'll be checking everything tomorrow.

27. Sykoo

Sykoo

Patch Notes 1.8.3 (Hotfix)
    Game Side:
    • Fixed the bug where hunger and thirst would not be increasing.

Editor Side:
    • Errors on launching sWindow
    • Progress bar in sPlayer is now working properly and will automatically update itself

28. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

great.. one question.. is there a way to manage enemies as old version of surivival engine?'
    and why do you remove coldeness .. i really need it in my game that has a glacial envoroment.. is there a way i can reintegrate it?

29. Walton

Walton

Thanks for the fix's Another question how do you use the progress bar on screen????... Is there anyone else using this asset apart from me and @JC_LEON. I think we definitely need some sort of tutorial for this asset to show properly how you use the asset

siblingrivalry likes this.
  30. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

totally agree

siblingrivalry likes this.
  31. siblingrivalry

siblingrivalry

Hi, Just got the email notification for the update.
    Just wanted to say that the emails from Sellfy dont include patch notes or summary of changes. Not sure if it can, but would be really helpful when away from the forums.

It has been a while since I tried out the kit, I will give it another go now with these patches.

:)

32. Sykoo

Sykoo

To support custom enemies, I have decided to not build an AI system in SEPRO. There are many free assets that can be downloaded through asset store, and they're not required to be integrated into SEPRO.

EDIT: I forgot to write about coldness, sorry. I don't honestly know why I skipped having coldness, but it could easily be added to SEPRO.

Progress bar on screen is not a built-in option for SEPRO. If you have some programming skills, it'd be fairly simple to use especially since I've written down how to refer to sManager which is the only important API manager. I can definitely make tutorials, I'd just like to know if you'd watch video tutorials (dependent on about 6-8 minutes each)? For example, how to add progress bar with SEPRO.

Of course! I'd easily be able to copy-paste the patch notes into the emails from now on! Thank you for letting me know.

33. Walton

Walton

Yes i would watch tutorials on SEPRO especially about having the progress bar on the screen, i don't see the point in having the progress bar just in the inspector.. ( Not everybody can program ) . When ever i buy an asset i always go onto Youtube to see if there are any tutorials to help...
    Tutorials are very helpful to people who are just learning.. Thank for your good work Sykoo

Another question what is the point of picking what type of weapon it is in sManager.. Are there any animations that go with the weapon that you choose or do we have to animate the weapons yourself..

this is why i think we need tutorials... (Weapon selecting using )

34. Sykoo

Sykoo

Then that's settled, there'll be video tutorials!
    The weapon types are there for different attributes and for you to organize your weapons if you further out add some little codes to your games. It's mostly important for developers that'll take granted of the API, or else it's important for a regular dev who just wants to categorize the weapons.

35. Walton

Walton

Hi Sykoo since the last update 1.8.3 the delete last weapon does not work in the Weapon database. you press it and nothing happens.. also a tutorial on how to animate a weapon such as the axe would be good.... and when you craft a item for example an axe i use 1 rock and 1 stick.. when i pick these items up and they show in the inventory i craft them and i then get 2 axe's the the inventory appear.. any help please... Thank you...

36. Sykoo

Sykoo

Hi Walton!
    I've not touched the weapon tab at all when updating to 1.8.3, but it may be interfered by something else. I'll make sure to check that out today and inform the thread asap!

For the double axe issue, are you sure you don't give the axe to the player in any other event (start of the game, pickup etc.)?

37. Walton

Walton

Hi Sykoo
    Just to let you know when i updated to 1.8.3 i never setup Arrays.. I have just done that now and the Delete Last Weapon works.. Also my problem with the Axe Mesh Renderer turning off.. the way i have fixed this issue is to create a Empty Game Object, Call it Axe then make the real Axe prefab a child of the axe this seems to work i can pick up the Axe and the Mesh Renderer stays on.!!!! the other problem i cant seem to fix when i craft an axe i still get 2 in the Inventory, the player starts with no weapons selected... just picks up 1 rock and 1 stick that appear in the inventory then when i use the Blueprints to craft i get 2 axe's in the inventory ...Thanks Sykoo

38. Sykoo

Sykoo

Hi Walton!
    Good to now it was just a small mistake that got fixed. I'll make sure to look at the two other issues with mesh renderer and double item crafting, I'll see if there's something that may be resulting in such inconvenience. Thank you for reporting!

39. Sykoo

Sykoo

Patch Notes 1.8.4 (Hotfix)
    Game Side:
    • Fixed an internal issue with mesh renderer and skinned mesh renderer not getting turned on and off due to function interruption.

Editor Side:
    • Fixed a GUI issue with sWindow when you'd open Environments tab and it'd glitch out sometimes in size.

EXTRA:
    I want to rework SEPRO and some of its core and in addition make it compatible for being released on Asset Store. What would you think of that?

Rombie likes this.
  40. ErikSachse

ErikSachse

Hey boy,
    I'm really interested in your Asset. But if I buy it now at Sellfy and it gets verified the at Asset Store, will I be able to update it later on? Or are you gonna make SEPRO 4?

41. Sykoo

Sykoo

SurvivalEngine PRO is the last product in SurvivalEngine series that'll constantly be updated. So no, this asset won't be abandoned and I wont stop developing it more and more. If you buy it from Sellfy, you'll have full access to it for free through the Asset Store as well.

42. Walton

Walton

Hi Sykoo

Thank you for the update and the Hotfix and all your hard work, I think it would be a great idea to get SEPRO compatible to be released on the Asset store so maybe more people can get to use this great asset. I am just a beginner but i am really enjoying trying to learn SEPRO... ( When are the tutorials coming...lol )

Thanks again Sykoo for all you effort..

43. Sykoo

Sykoo

Thank you for giving me your thoughts. I'll definitely look into what exactly has to be reworked/added for it to be suitable for the Asset Store. I think that this asset has so much potential since it's so big and covers so many parts of a game everyone would need, therefore I don't want to throw a big part of it away because of some inconveniences I've had before with the Asset Store and publishing me products there.

44. Walton

Walton

Hi Sykoo
    Please have a look at this error i get when trying to add Inventory to a player... After adding the inventory shows all the time in game mode...
    S_Window.AddInventoryToPlayer () (at Assets/SurvivalEngine PRO/Scripts/Editor/S_Window.cs:2713)
    S_Window.OnGUI () (at Assets/SurvivalEngine PRO/Scripts/Editor/S_Window.cs:810)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)

45. Walton

Walton

I think it would be a good idea to join the building part of SEPRO to the inventory so fore example if you want to build something ie (foundation for building) you have to collect so many items.. ie Wood

46. Crashnblake

Crashnblake

Just to add another voice to this, I'd be very Grateful for video tutorials would happily watch them all. I like the asset but find it a bit difficult to set up .
    Thanks for your hard Work, and continued work and support. This will be a big part of a survival game I'm working on. And I also would like to see the coldness feature added.
    Thanks again

47. johny256

johny256

player animation?

48. darkcoastgames

darkcoastgames

Has multiplayer been implemented yet? Would love to purchase this, but want to know first as i'm as little timid dealing with Networking :)

49. darkcoastgames

darkcoastgames

So we have purchased this asset.

The store page on selfy mentions this as part of the sales pitch:

"SurvivalEngine PRO is here to help you create an amazing AAA survival game without having to code"

We purchased the asset with the intention of using it to quickly prototype a game concept.

After having a look, playing around with it, reading the documentation and also referencing the demo included, we have to say the statement about being able to create a survival game with no coding is misrepresenting in the asset's current state.

For starters, there is no visual representation used for the player stats (health, stamina, thirst, hunger).
    I would assume that would be an essential part of a survival game. Yes I know this is all done in the "backbone" of the system, but there is no examples set up, no instructions in the documentation or anything on how to implement.
    There is no real GUI at all with the exception of the inventory.

I consider a hot bar to select weapons etc, as well as visually showing player stats (health etc) essential and should have been included. How is the player supposed to know their stats? Also the fact you need to open the inventory and click on a weapon to equip it is bad design. (that's why there should be a "hot bar" like 99.9% of games out there have.

There is no information on how to implement damage from the weapon system to enemies etc. The demo scene does nothing at all with weapons, except equip them. The gun and sword seem to do nothing at all except be equipped.

There also is no "save" system. What is the point of a person playing a game if there is no way to save their progress.

I do appreciate the effort the author has put into this, the sWindow system is well done, and a lot of great features are in already such as the inventory system, crafting, mining etc but this really is far from the state the sales pitch makes it out to be. You defiantly need some serious coding work done to turn this asset into a playable game. Perhaps in the future as he has more time to work on it, it can grow as I do see the massive potential for it. At this time it's not what was advertised, and will be requesting a refund.

I just wanted to warn those who perhaps were thinking this would be a "ready to go" asset such as unit-z.

Elldren and Xain like this.
  50. Elldren

Elldren

"SurvivalEngine PRO is here to help you create an amazing AAA survival game without having to code."

That is completely untrue. If you do not know how to code, do not purchase this asset. The description is very misleading.