Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

SurvivalEngine PRO | Inventory, Weapons, Crafting, Building & MORE!

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Sykoo, Nov 2, 2015.

?

How much should SurvivalEngine PRO cost?

Poll closed Mar 5, 2016.
  1. 20$

7 vote(s)
    53.8%
  2. 40$

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
  3. 50$

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  4. 100$

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  1. Sykoo

Sykoo

Sequel to the successful asset SurvivalEngine 2 by Sykoo
    __________________________________________________________________________________________

Version 1.8.1 is right now available through Sellfy (early access)!
    Will this be released on the Asset Store: No!
    Click here to read reason.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
    SurvivalEngine PRO is the latest and final generation of SurvivalEngine series, and it has got everything that the previous generations did not have. With a completely new UI, completely rewritten and polished system, sPRO is here to help you develop the next AAA Survival Game, or any game that would benefit from the features of SurvivalEngine PRO.

sWindow is the new method of controlling the whole framework. It's built in a certain way so that it's very easy to edit anything, and coded in a specific way to let you use the strong API that follows up with SurvivalEngine with no issues. With the high quality documentation, in-depth tutorials, commented codes and more - you will be able to use SurvivalEngine PRO in any way you wish.

There are no restrictions any longer with sPRO! In SurvivalEngine 2, you were restricted to the same old player script and some value restrictions followed up with that. But with SurvivalEngine PRO you are fully free to choose what you want to use and when you want it. From different player scripts to any weapon utilities you wish to use, it's very simple to integrate and SurvivalEngine PRO is built to let you do so.

MAIN FEATURES
    Interactive and specifically designed editor window with great support to the developer
    • A fully editable slot-based inventory system with support for using other item and weapon utilites
    • Fully dynamic and customizable item and weapon system that simultaneously works with each other
    • Great ability of increasing performance by using everything in a way that is theoretically optimized
    • Great crafting system with support for blueprints that you can add together with amount of different items required to craft it, the items required and amount of specific items
    • Building system with modular and foundation based object placement support
    • More features included, as well as more to come for FREE!
    __________________________________________________________________________________________​

MEDIA

YouTube | Website | Twitter

Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
    Johns_Art, Defcon44 and Lavao_ like this.
  2. Sykoo

Sykoo

Thread created and advertised, now I'm back to work on sPRO! :)

3. Sykoo

Sykoo

Oh I forgot to write in...
    ...if you have any price suggestions - I'm all yours!

4. Sykoo

Sykoo

Reveal video and more media coming soon!

5. Sykoo

Sykoo

Any price suggestions?

6. Zedinex

Zedinex

Oh i can't wait for this :)

7. jamiecropley

jamiecropley

The last survival 2 was a bit tricky to use for a beginner, this one looks a lot better in that respect, I would be happy getting the pro version as a free upgrade though rather than taking the risk and paying again, as last time I was not happy.

8. Sykoo

Sykoo

@Zedinex Thank you, very glad to know that! Any price suggestions? :)

@SomeT Oh yes, I can see why you think that. The UI of SurvivalEngine 2 was rather complex and a bit 'all over the place', this time I'm making a custom editor window so that it's all clean and smooth! :) The prices have not been decided yet, but there will at least be a huge discount for you SurvivalEngine 2 owners!

9. Zedinex

Zedinex

@Sykoo Survival Engine 2 was $5. So maybe $20 for new customers ? Discount for returning $10 ?

Just a thought

10. Sykoo

Sykoo

Sounds pretty good, I'll think about it. Thank you!

11. Zedinex

Zedinex

@Sykoo Any ETA on release date ? quite looking forward to this :p

12. Sykoo

Sykoo

A couple/few weeks probably :)

13. Zedinex

Zedinex

@Sykoo That's way to long to wait hehe

14. Sykoo

Sykoo

Haha yeah, but I rather publish a fully finished and functional product! :D

15. Zedinex

Zedinex

@Sykoo Any updates on release ? :p

16. Sykoo

Sykoo

Yep, been busy lately as I'm going to fly off to Turkey at this Monday, so I've been packing and searching for tickets at a great price. But I'll still work there too, so the asset might be released in a couple of weeks.

17. Zedinex

Zedinex

Ok sweet also "builder+" hows that coming along i would probably like to buy the two :p

18. Sykoo

Sykoo

Builder+ will be in SurvivalEngine PRO so you can purchase only SEPRO and get Builder+! :)

19. Zedinex

Zedinex

Oh wow i cannot wait now haha

20. Sykoo

Sykoo

Hahahah thank you! :D

21. TechSins

TechSins

any chance of a release date?

22. Sykoo

Sykoo

I was in Turkey for a week but now I'm back and will work fully out, I am honestly scared of giving a ETA right now :)

23. Zedinex

Zedinex

Any news yet ?

24. Sykoo

Sykoo

It is being worked at, right now I'm fixing the last things required for Player settings, then I'll move on with Environment etc.
    I am going to put time into this, but I'll also be using this thread as DEV log.

25. Zedinex

Zedinex

I think a dev log is great idea! then we know whats happening :p

26. Sykoo

Sykoo

Exactly! :D
    Don't forget to check out my latest video:

RavenOfCode and StarGamess like this.
  27. Sykoo

Sykoo

Patch Notes: Version 1.1

• Updated the UI of SePRO Manager window (main window (can be seen in the pictures below))
    • Added a custom inspector window for sPlayer (can be seen in the pictures below)
    • Thirst and Hunger of player now successfully adds and increases instead of decreasing
    • sManager now automatically is required as a component whenever sPlayer is added
    • Variables and stats of player correctly saves onto the player prefab attached by the developer
    • sPlayer now has progress bars that can be ticked on/off

I'm now working at the rest of player requirements such as FPS/TPS settings, Input, Sound and General core information such as health, armor, body temperature and energy (stamina). I also keep working at the simplicity, so that nothing has to be done by hand when you're in SePRO main window, it'll take care of everything and let you know if there's something incorrect.

I am also focusing on the coding part so that I can actually make a successful API which everyone with minimal programming knowledge can make use of and add their own extensions!

The new sPlayer custom Inspector window!

sPlayer window now has progress bars to show you the current stats of the player!

The new updated UI of main window:

Please let me know any suggestions you've got! :)

28. jamiecropley

jamiecropley

Is there anyway you can make it so it has blox 2 or playmaker support? That is if any coding is involved?

29. Sykoo

Sykoo

With SurvivalEngine PRO, you'll not have to code a single line to make a survival game from top-to-toe, but in case you want to customize and add your own extensions, you can use the API that will be available Online and even inside Unity!

You can easily use Blox 2, PlayMaker or any other visual scripting extension for Unity, as long as you specify the variables you want to use through the API. I'll make a tutorial later on that to cover it up, and show you how it's done! :)

30. Zedinex

Zedinex

Ohhhh this is exciting!!!

31. Sykoo

Sykoo

Glad to see you excited!
    I hope to be at least as excited to see your next survival game on Steam ;)

32. jamiecropley

jamiecropley

Many thanks!

Sykoo likes this.
  33. Sykoo

Sykoo

Lots of new features have been added :)
    A new patch note is coming later!

34. Zedinex

Zedinex

Any updates?

35. Sykoo

Sykoo

I've been off of Unity for a week now as I accepted an offer from a customer. Now I'm back again working fully on with SEPRO 2! :)

36. Joeronimoe

Joeronimoe

3 versions in and looks better each time, glad you are continuing on with this. A quick question, is there any network possibilities with this, I know I have had problems with my building system, and the houses my players build in multiplayer not being seen by other players on the network. Is this package supporting multiplayer?

37. Sykoo

Sykoo

Thank you for the kind words, I really appreciate it!
    SurvivalEngine PRO is compatible with a lot of other plugins and assets due to how freely it is coded by me. It has no restrictions nor limits to what you can and can not use.

You can easily use SurvivalEngine PRO to save player preferences including buildings etc. to a prefab, and instantiate that prefab for each player on your multiplayer survival game!

38. StarGamess

StarGamess

Depending on the list of features and how polished they are you could ask between 25-35$. But you should definitely do a discount for returning costumers especially if its a second version of an earlier product. :)

39. Sykoo

Sykoo

Thank you for your opinion. :) It means a lot!
    I'll probably stick with a price around 30$ and then like you said, have a discount for returning customers (I had that when SurvivalEngine 2 got released, so I had 50% discount on returning customers from SurvivalEngine (1)).

40. Zedinex

Zedinex

How close are we to getting our hands on this ?

41. Sykoo

Sykoo

I've been very busy with school projects, other customers requesting stuff etc.
    I'm going to take like a week off of developing sePRO but come back with more continuous updates :)

42. ItzMedic

ItzMedic

Looks amazing man :) i've bought se2 and am thouroughly impressed :) sePRO looks like its going to be a bestseller for sure, any new updates btw?

43. Sykoo

Sykoo

Thank you! :) I had paused the development short term due to some customers that hired me, but in just a few days I will continously keep working at sePRO :)

44. Sykoo

Sykoo

Finally some updates!
    Continued the work where I left, which was the inventory system. I fixed a huge bug, and unfortunately Unity decided it was time to crash (literally), so there is now one issue which I cannot figure out - why is what I fixed not working as it should?

But I've made big progress in just a couple hours of work, and I am excited to be able to show you guys the new features very soon! :)

EDIT:
    And the issue is fixed right after I write this... It is such an honor to be a developer and get gray hair real quick...

45. Sykoo

Sykoo

Working on the Item Database! :) Release date coming closer day by day!

46. Sykoo

Sykoo

Finished the Item Database, data sending and structure!
    Also finished the inventory, now fully works and picking up items works as well! :)

47. Zedinex

Zedinex

Sounds good. Whats left to finish ?

48. woodsynzl

woodsynzl

Damn, this looks good!

49. Sykoo

Sykoo

Thank you guys! :)
    Until the release there are environmental interactions and animal AI left.

50. Sykoo

Sykoo

It may take around couple of more weeks depending on school work to be done.