Search Unity

SurvivalEngine | BUILD YOUR OWN SURVIVAL GAME!

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Sykoo, Oct 20, 2014.

1. TradG3me

TradG3me

ok i've fixed this :)

2. TradG3me

TradG3me

hey, can u add some animals?… if u want i have a squirrel whit 2 animations

3. TradG3me

TradG3me

why if I put two trees in the scene and cut one, the other disappears?

4. Sykoo

Sykoo

Create it if it does not exist, though it's really weird how it does not exist there.

5. Sykoo

Sykoo

Sure I can try and add some animals and keep supporting this package but I honestly need more buyers.

6. Sykoo

Sykoo

It's probably because you place them too close each other so that the collision boxes are inside of each other. Try to make the collision boxes a bit smaller.

7. Angiel

Angiel

I am very interested in this package. I'm planning a survival game and this package could be very helpful.
    Can you (maybe in future versions) generate some items (food, ammunition, etc.) in a random position?

TradG3me likes this.
  8. Sykoo

Sykoo

Hey there! Sure thing, I'll probably do if I get more purchases :) Don't forget that if you purchase once you will receive all updates for free!

TradG3me likes this.
  9. TradG3me

TradG3me

can i ask u how much did u earned? and where i can donate?

10. Sykoo

Sykoo

I've only earned about 15$ at total from this package. Not much but I'm proud :)
    You can donate to vspygaming@live.com at PayPal, that's my donation accepting account :)

11. TradG3me

TradG3me

i've donated 2$

12. Sykoo

Sykoo

OH, that's so sweet and kind of you! I am so grateful, thank you very much! :)

13. Sykoo

Sykoo

14. Sykoo

Sykoo

New update coming soon!

15. Sykoo

Sykoo

Next update coming a bit sooner as school projects has begun and I work on my new game as well.

16. Sykoo

Sykoo

I had to restore my PC to factory settings, but luckily I had a backup of this asset on my Flash... phew :oops:
    To celebrate that the files didn't go to oblivion, I'm reducing the price of SurvivalEngine on PayLoadz by 50% until the MONTH ENDS!

CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE NOW FOR ONLY 2.50$!

17. Sykoo

Sykoo

Do not forget that the 50% OFF price is going on for 10 days more :)

18. Eric_Jedi

Eric_Jedi

Just bought youre package. Ive been having issues on how to add the tree stuff.... still trying to figure all this out. Keep up the good work.

19. Eric_Jedi

Eric_Jedi

Nm I got it working.

20. Sykoo

Sykoo

Hey! Thank you very much for your purchase. I was sadly asleep when I got the comment from you, I'm terribly sorry for no response :(

But I'm glad you got it fixed :) Let me know if anything does not work the way it should and I'll be more than glad to help :)

21. build4you

build4you

I just bought your asset and hope you update more things in the future. As i am new to this stuff, but could you help me make this map for my survival game? I will pay you if you could, it's a half map i believe, you can imagine the rest.

22. build4you

build4you

Can't believe you all bought the asset from this guy, totally scammer. You all never success though, back to your Dying Light, please.

23. build4you

build4you

You are lucky to have my $22.5, son. I had closed the disputes based on my opinions, take that money and buy your Dying Light. I wasn't wise enough to let you help me.

24. Mauri

Mauri

You both should act as grown ups and clear this up via personal message. I don't think the thread is appropriate for that. Also, you can always review an Asset (if you've bought it) inside Unity via the Asset Store window...

25. Sykoo

Sykoo

I am deeply sorry for that. I'll delete the unnecessary posts recently made in order to keep this nice and clean. The problem has been solved in private communication as you suggested between me and build4you, and there is no problem left! :)

26. Sykoo

Sykoo

PERMANENT PRICE CHANGE TO 2.5$!

27. Sykoo

Sykoo

I'm glad to see how people keeps purchasing this! :)
    Please take a look at my new upcoming asset Grappling Hook 2D too!

28. Sykoo

Sykoo

A new update is being worked on! More info will be available very soon!

29. Sykoo

Sykoo

1.4 is ready soon!

30. TechSins

TechSins

When is the next update? and what is going to be in it? bought this last week

31. Sykoo

Sykoo

Hi there! Thank you very much first of all, for your purchase! :)
    The next update will probably be somewhere in next week. I've been working a bit more on the inventory system. There were some bugs that got fixed. Also there were some other bugs in the code generally, like multiplying movement speed etc.
    I've fixed most of the bugs known, and when I'm done I'll definitely release :) On the next update after this one there will be a new function that I'm thinking of currently. I'm all yours for suggestions if you've got anything! :)
    Thank you once again. Are you happy with the asset so far? Any problems that occurs?

32. TechSins

TechSins

Add some guns in future updates :)

33. Sykoo

Sykoo

With guns, do you mean ranged guns like literally pistol etc? I can probably make the script for it but not model it, which would be better than nothing ^^ And I could also name all the animations that has to be created, so it won't require you guys to find what animation should go where :) That's actually a great idea! If you had something else in your mind, please tell me!

34. TechSins

TechSins

Yes , don't worry about the model , i have a few pistol models i could use , and also maybe Assualt rifles like the AK47 or so on , so if you could make the script and maybe tell how to set it up would be great thanks :)

35. Sykoo

Sykoo

Sure! I'll make sure to work on it asap! :) Thank you sooooo much for the suggestion. :)

36. TechSins

TechSins

Quick question how could i make the coldness and hunger go up in intervals of 1 e.g Hunger: 1 , 2 , 3 , cause the way you have done it is like

so yours goes in decimals but i just want it to go like 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , can you tell me how to do that ?

37. Sykoo

Sykoo

Go into the script "Player" and find variable initizilation and find where it says "float Coldness;". Then edit the "float" to "int", that will make it to an integer, which will count only 1, 2, 3, 4 etc. as you wished. :)

38. TechSins

TechSins

Keep getting this error
    Assets/Survival Engine/Scripts/Player.cs(31,28): error CS0031: Constant value `0' cannot be converted to a `int'

Also what about crafting?

39. ExDeaDguY

ExDeaDguY

This is incorrect. You will be editing the variable type while the rest of the code still treats it as a float. From what you mentioned, it sounds like TechSins wants to format the output so it ONLY displays full numbers while still working exactly how it works in the back end. What you need to do is find the bit of code that is updating that UI counter, and instead of applying the float to the text.. Ex: uitextobject.text = floatvalue, Change that bit of code to.. uitextobject.text = ((int)floatvalue).ToString();

This casts the float as an integer then outputs it as a string.
    To be more accurate you can use Mathf.RoundToInt(floatvalue);

;)

40. Sykoo

Sykoo

Is there anytime that you set a rule for that integer? I'll check it out personally :)

I was planning on having a crafting system in the future updates. It also really depends on how many purchases I get on my both assets, that will obviously make me work much much more on both! :D

41. Sykoo

Sykoo

I am so sorry... I have my times where I can be extremely stupid too ^^ Obviously, the code treats the float as a float, it's initialized that way... Oh god that's shameful ^^
    Thank you very much for correcting me! Please excuse me, both of you, for giving false information (though it was not on purpose obviously). I was tired when I wrote that but yet I should've thought more about it before answering :/
    @TechSins , please follow what @ExDeaDguY said. The code has to be edited alot more than only the variable in order to make it work as an integer. Though I would suggest you to keep it as float as there'll be more possible options. But if you really do want to edit it into integer, I'll make sure to look up soon in order to make it work as integer too, and then post here :)

ExDeaDguY likes this.
  42. ExDeaDguY

ExDeaDguY

Also.. I re-read what I wrote and.. Sorry if it sounded like I was trying to under-mind you or be rude Sykoo , :p. Just trying to help you and your peeps out. I too have sold assets for unity in the past (I eventually distributed them all for free) and I personally know it's not an easy task and not very profitable in the long run; Although, it is very fulfilling knowing people are able to get knowledge and use out of what's been released. ;) So us devs gotta watch each others backs.

Sykoo likes this.
  43. Sykoo

Sykoo

Please, do not apologize. You helped me out there from giving false information to a customer of mine - that means the world to me! I really can't find words to appreciate that enough, so please don't even think anything wrong about what you wrote! :)

Yep, it's very difficult to be helping out everyone and developing several assets + a game in the meantime, but I love what I'm doing and I hope that I can keep it up! It's so fun also knowing that people can be taught something from my creations, it's an amazing feeling and I'm sure you know it better than me :) You did watch my back and I really appreciate it! :D It's very kind of you, however, to apologize for something like that. It shows how respectful you are, but as I told you you don't have to worry about what you wrote, you did type it correctly and once more - I am thankful for that :)

ExDeaDguY likes this.
  44. Sykoo

Sykoo

Huge debugging patch upcoming this week! :D

45. lewistair1

lewistair1

I'm pretty knew to coding and I have an interest in survival type games. Would this software be good for me if I can learn basic coding?

46. Sykoo

Sykoo

Hello there!
    First off, thank you for commenting on my post :)
    SurvivalEngine will be your guide and a huge starting kit for your survival game - even if you're new to coding!
    The scripts are very well commented, which does not only tell you what it does but also teaches you in a separate way! It has an easy to follow-up code which you will enjoy reading, and obviously learning :)
    This asset is suggested for anyone who wants to develop their own survival type of game, even if the customer is new or experienced professional coder :)

47. TechSins

TechSins

If you like survival games and want to make one i can vouch for this kit , its so easy to use and so much stuff to do , so its worth the price that it is.

48. Sykoo

Sykoo

Thank you very much for supporting and vouching for my Engine! :) I really appreciate it and obviously I'm super-glad that you're happy with the product!

49. Sykoo

Sykoo

Hey! Thank you very much for your kind comment :)
    There is sadly not any day and night cycle included in the asset... YET! :)
    It'll eventually be added soon, but the asset has not been selling very well lately and I've been busy working on my own game so I haven't had a huge chance to work on SE! :/
    Animal integration is coming soon as you said, fishes etc! :)

50. Sykoo

Sykoo

I'm planning on making a SurvivalEngine 2, but with modern style. Please let me know your thoughts :)

blueivy likes this.