Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

SurvivalEngine | BUILD YOUR OWN SURVIVAL GAME!

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Sykoo, Oct 20, 2014.

1. TradG3me

TradG3me

and why there isn't any trees?

2. Sykoo

Sykoo

In-game, you press E to pick up objects. If you check out the script included, you'll get a brief idea over how everything works :) Then when you've picked it up, you press I to go to your 3D dynamic inventory system, and click on the axe model there. That'll equip your axe.

3. Sykoo

Sykoo

The tree object was a premade model which I did not get rights to use. I'll try to make a tree model till the next update and include it. But there are tons of tree models in the Asset Store for free also! You just get one and place in your game. Then add the required tag and script then you're ready to go :) There is a tutorial included for that!

4. TradG3me

TradG3me

but if I click on ax nothing happens

5. TradG3me

TradG3me

why if i click on the axe nothing happens? please respond me

6. Sykoo

Sykoo

Are you able to see the axe model in the inventory?

7. Sykoo

Sykoo

Sorry for late response, had some family stuff to do.

8. Sykoo

Sykoo

When you're in the inventory, be sure to click on the axe model that is inside the inventory, it should be pointing straight up. If you mean that you can't pick up the axe itself, be sure to get inside of its "trigger zone". You can expand that zone by clicking on the axe model laying down in the game editor window, click on "Box Collider" component and then click "edit collider". Then you can edit the size of that collision box.

9. TradG3me

TradG3me

you, the ax is seen in the inventory, and it triggers, but when I click nothing works

10. Sykoo

Sykoo

Do you receive any message(s) on the Debug Console? You may not have assigned something correctly. Please check the scripts to see if you've missed something or assigned any objects wrong.

11. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

I have the same problem.
    The console goes crazy when i pressed e to get the axe and wrote endlessly Unequipped:Axe (UnityEngine.Gameobject)
    When i am in the inventory i can see the axe, and a Mouse hovering over object massage and when i click on the axe it disapair from the inventory but i do not see it somewhere like for example on the right with a hand.
    The console say Equipped: Axe

12. Sykoo

Sykoo

I will check out what may cause this problem and patch as soon as it's ready! Thank you for mentioning this :)

13. TradG3me

TradG3me

Sykoo

I have a similar problem, only that when I click on the ax nothing happens.

I might have an older version?

14. TradG3me

TradG3me

hey… can u upload the older version fot now? i really need this

15. Sykoo

Sykoo

Hey! Sorry for the late response. I am right now searching for the bug, I had some family problems to take care of. I'm going to upload the new version ASAP!

16. Sykoo

Sykoo

SurvivalEngine 1.3 UPDATE:

• Fixed a bug where when you click Axe from inventory it won't appear
    • Values of some major dependencies has been corrected (hunger etc)
    • Reworked collision for axe, now easier to pick up (appeared as a bug for some people)

To download, please head to the Payloadz link!

Please let me know if there are any bugs! :)

17. TradG3me

TradG3me

hello, first of all thank you, I also know many times I have problems at home, and sometimes when I do urgent things ... I hope everything will be resolved with your family :D

18. Sykoo

Sykoo

Hi there! Thanks alot for your kind words and patience, once again I'm sorry for the bug that occoured!
    I've uploaded 1.3 version on the same Payloadz link, you can also click here to go there now! It should fix the bug for axe now! :)

19. TradG3me

TradG3me

uh, I know I already asked a lot, but I wanted to give you an idea / ask if you could add some food, water and thirst? ... if you want a crafting system. thanks for everything, if you add these other things I would pay $ 5

20. TradG3me

TradG3me

thaks a lot

21. TradG3me

TradG3me

Schermata 01-2457027 alle 22.37.16.png Schermata 01-2457027 alle 22.37.31.png I still have a problem ... -.- .... then, the ax appears in the inventory, but after I click if I get into the air, where it had been set in the scene

sorry :(

22. Sykoo

Sykoo

Thirst is going to be added in the next update! There are tutorials showing you how you can add food with models and stuff, properly working in code and also a documentation. Be sure to check them.

I can't really see anything that can cause that issue o_O It is working properly for me and other customers. Are you picking up the axe before you get into inventory? Maybe it's a inspector-based bug where the axe model basically resets it's model in the inventory.

23. TradG3me

TradG3me

so… for now i can see what is causing this bug… thanks

24. Sykoo

Sykoo

Oh you fixed it? :)

25. TradG3me

TradG3me

not yet, but I saw that when I click on the ax in the inventory, the ax will spawn where I spawned I initially, I tried to adjust the item maneger nn but nothing happens ....

26. TradG3me

TradG3me

i'm uploading a video of my bug on utube

Last edited: Jan 4, 2015
  27. Sykoo

Sykoo

Hmm... Wierdly, you are the only one who has this problem. This means that there might be something wrong with other assets that you've got in your project. Try and create a new project which is completely empty and then try SurvivalEngine. If it works, then use that project and import rest of the assets you're wanting to use.

28. TradG3me

TradG3me

ok…. so… this is a video of my bug/error

sorry for lag, that was because i'm recording

29. Sykoo

Sykoo

If you check out what children-object the player object has, does it look like this?

It seems that somehow you're blocking the child object (Axe) from following your parent object (Player). Be sure that the Axe model inside of "Item Manager" is not the same one as Axe that is laying on the ground.

30. Sykoo

Sykoo

I'll try and get a crafting tutorial soon! :)
    NOTE: Purchase once the package, and you'll get all the tutorials and updates for FREE!

31. TradG3me

TradG3me

Schermata 01-2457028 alle 09.01.56.png this my child-object…

Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
  32. TradG3me

TradG3me

what version of unity did u have?

33. TradG3me

TradG3me

34. Sykoo

Sykoo

I have the latest version of Unity and it's working perfectly fine!

I'm curious about what this problem can be occouring thanks to, but I really can't see any problems with the scripting nor the positioning, especially the fact that this only happens for you.

One thing I can ask you is if you have "Rect Transform" component on any of the objects? This may be causing a positioning bug.

35. Sykoo

Sykoo

While in-game, can you click on the Axe object which is a child to the Item Manager, and then enable it by clicking on top-left of the Inspector? I want to see if it actually follows its parent as it's supposed to do, or if it's not following the movement at all.

36. TradG3me

TradG3me

can u give me a old version?

37. Sykoo

Sykoo

1.2, the one you used first was the first version available to public and I sadly got no older version :/ It's definitely wrong with something else that repositions the models.

38. TradG3me

TradG3me

39. Sykoo

Sykoo

Please let me know if it works! :) I'll contact my other customers to see if any of them are experiencing this issue as well.

40. TradG3me

TradG3me

Schermata 01-2457028 alle 18.43.33.png

I looked, and it dosen't work ... and perhaps the menager item that does not work well ... here is one screeenshot ax in item menager

41. Sykoo

Sykoo

Try to make the children un-static.

42. TradG3me

TradG3me

43. Sykoo

Sykoo

When you click on an object in Unity, in the top right corner of Inspector, you'll be seeing a box saying "Static". Untick it for the parent. You can see that box in the picture you posted here.

44. TradG3me

TradG3me

WOOOW IT WORK THANKS!!!!!!!

45. TradG3me

TradG3me

46. Sykoo

Sykoo

Hey! Very glad to hear it works now! :D Please let me know if anything again ever happens! I'd be more than happy to help out my customers :)

47. TradG3me

TradG3me

:eek:hey, I downloaded an asset of the palms from the store, and a palm tree with colliders I applied the script of the trees but despite the quests I cut the tree nothing happens ... sorry again

48. Sykoo

Sykoo

Hey! Did you tag the tree with "Tree"? If you read through the tutorials and scripts a bit, it is in-depth which will tell you what you need to do in order to make everything work :)

49. TradG3me

TradG3me

hey, i haven't got a Tree tag…. where i can find it?

50. TradG3me

TradG3me

Schermata 01-2457029 alle 07.53.25.png

rhis is my tags