Search Unity

SurvivalEngine | BUILD YOUR OWN SURVIVAL GAME!

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Sykoo, Oct 20, 2014.

1. Sykoo

Sykoo

Hello, Unity Community!

SurvivalEngine is a package wich will help you build survival game(s) with tutorials included in the asset. It will also include video-tutorials in the future as I will make them on my YouTube channel.

Main Features:
    • Example scenes included in the project
    • Highly in-depth commented C# scripts
    • Easy-to-edit scripts with the high-quality comments and tutorials
    • Example prefabs wich comes with the asset

Coldness, Hunger & Stamina systems built-in
    • Different player states depending on the preferences
    • Custom movement and mouse look scripts included
    • Example animations supporting Legacy
    • Tree Cutting and equipping logs
    • Crafting system seperated script, also easy to edit and add new stuff
    • Built-in Temperature system which affects player attributes like Stamina and Coldness
    • Recovering and reducing coldness when close to a firepit

Screenshots:
    A short video to showcase:

Thank you very much for your time! If you have any ideas regarding this package and feedback, such as what should be added - please let me know! :)

Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
    tgrassl and Defcon44 like this.
  2. Sykoo

Sykoo

Let me know any feedback you've got! :)

3. Die-N-Honor

Die-N-Honor

I'm very interested in this! Hope to here more, $10 sounds like a very good price

4. Sykoo

Sykoo

I'm so glad that I got you interested! :)
    I am currently working on this project and it's been a huge process today. There is now a fully-working temperature system which also affects player's coldness and stamina! I'm also as I said before, working on my own game Cursed Beliefs (linked in the topic) as well, but I am actually focusing on Survival Engine more as I think it's pretty fun and unique to work with it :)

I like the fact that you appreciate the price :)

Thank you once more for your kind support!

5. Sykoo

Sykoo

A couple pictures/screenshots of how the codes are going to look like.

NOTE: Where it says "//Using Switch - case system of Javascript" is a wrong comment and it's been fixed immidiately to prevent any confusion of customers!

WolfGeek14 likes this.
  6. joni-giuro

joni-giuro

I'm a beginner programmer in C# so I have a question regarding the first part of the code:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. bool Raining = false;
    3. switch (Raining){}
    But you just declared Raining as false, doesn't it always go in the false case?

7. Sykoo

Sykoo

It was declared in a custom-made method (void Temperature). If it was defined like that in void Update, then it would update itself to be false every single frame, as void Update is each frame of the game. I could've also made it as a variable in the class itself to make it be false on start, or even put it on void Start method to make it false only when it starts. :)

8. Sykoo

Sykoo

9. Sykoo

Sykoo

New comments has been added to make it even more high-quality and worth the money :)

10. Sykoo

Sykoo

Any suggestions for features? :)

11. Die-N-Honor

Die-N-Honor

Not really a suggestion, just wondering about loot spawns, and the inventory system! Not sure if you even got into that much yet, but what are your plans if you haven't?

Also, I'm curious about the AI will you add any to this engine?

12. Sykoo

Sykoo

Hey!
    I am currently done with everything that's planned to be in this Engine except for the Inventory part! :) I am working really hard on making a great and unique inventory system. Looting is kinda easy to do. I do not plan to have any specific AI in this but I could make a random loot spawning such as random logs spawning, coins spawning etc at specific locations on your game-map. Thank you for your advice :)

Right now, I am making the inventory system to something really similar to the one used in "The Forest", a survival game made in Unity ( you can find it on google, its kinda famous ). Basically, the inventory will have 3D models inside of it. Those will be enabled and disabled depending on if player has or does not have the items. Also I am working on making a crafting system, which is hard to launch because if it is going to be a built-in crafting system, it'll be really hard for customers to add crafting items. I may release the asset without crafting system and make crafting as an extension which comes free for SurvivalEngine users.

Once again, thank you very much :)

13. Die-N-Honor

Die-N-Honor

That sounds good. I'm familiar with The Forest, very fun game, and i do like their inventory system. I wouldn't mind waiting for the crafting system, I could only imagine the work that goes into making one. Most crafting systems go pretty in depth, so it is completely understandable if it's not ready when the rest of the parts for the engine are. Can't wait to get my hands on this, I have an idea, and been working on a survival type game for a while now. I think i could really benefit from this engine. Are you still planning on putting this on the asset store around the end of the month? ( without the Crafting system)

Sykoo likes this.
  14. Sykoo

Sykoo

Hey! I really appreciate your kind words about this asset and your amazing feedback to me as a developer :) Yes, crafting system is easily said the hardest part of this if I gotta be honest.

If you're making a survival game as you stated, this asset is perfect for you in my opinion! And yes, I am sure it will be done and up on Asset Store at the end of this month, maybe a couple days earlier or later. But nothing like next month! :)

15. Sykoo

Sykoo

Crafting will come later to the package as an extension for free for those of you who've bought this asset. Thank you for all your feedback! :) The asset itself is for sure going to be released at the end of this month somewhere, but the extension / plugin has no specific release date yet.

Pre-ordering the asset will be available in a while, where you'll get 25% off for pre-ordering!

16. Sykoo

Sykoo

SurvivalEngine is about to get released! Tomorrow I'll hopefully publish it to the asset store and wait for approvement from Unity Staff :)
    Until it gets accepted, I'll accept pre-orders which means that you will get a 25% OFF! Don't mind about mailing me on vspygaming@live.com or even sending me PM here on the forum to pre-order the asset. And by pre-ordering, you get access to the asset a few days earlier than people who will purchase it via Asset Store :)

17. TheRealFuzz

TheRealFuzz

I can't wait to get a copy! Good work.

18. CrazieSiberian

CrazieSiberian

Looks nice! But I can already tell there are going to be tons of rip-off games made with this by little kids who think making a game will be that easy. Then there will be great games made with it by people who are just looking for a little kick start to their project. I am also pretty interested in this and will be following progress.

19. Sykoo

Sykoo

Thank you so much for your kind words, I hope you enjoy the asset! :)

Thank you alot!
    I hope that people will be able to use this asset, no matter age, to learn the most basic stuff about Survival games. I'd be honored if people even just buys the asset and make games with it :)
    Thank you very much for the nice feedback and comment, and I am so glad you got interested!

20. janpec

janpec

Very nice code, easy to modify, i could find it useful for some alpha buildup. Looking forward to updates.

21. Sykoo

Sykoo

Thank you very much! :)
    I've published this today to the asset store, now I am waiting for response of review from Unity Staff. Hopefully it will be uploaded and ready to serve it's business under this week!

The most important part of this asset was to make it as easy to modify as possible! Also, it includes high-quality in-depth tutorials if you ever feel like something is uncomplete in the script! :)

22. Sykoo

Sykoo

NOTE: You can now pre-order / pre-purchase this package for 25% off! This is a limited offer only, which will last until the package gets released on Asset Store! :)

23. Sykoo

Sykoo

First pre-order of Survival Engine has been completed! :)

24. Sykoo

Sykoo

25. Sykoo

Sykoo

Waiting for response from Unity's reviewing staff. Hopefully it will be uploaded under this weekend :)

26. Sykoo

Sykoo

As the asset is still not uploaded onto ASsetStore yet by Unity, the pre-orderings can be still done! :)

27. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Hey Sykoo your asset looks interesting but I have to say the two screen shots you provided show logs which seem not to be optimized.
    How many segments do those things have?
    An average/normal number of segments for a cylindrical shaped object is 6-12 segments.
    I have seen high quality trees with a high level of detail at the trunk that are only 10 segments.
    May want to consider optimizing this asset (the 3D objects) a little better and update it to provide a more professional package for anybody who desides to purchase it.
    Its important to spend the time to make the quality level as high and professional as we can for the rest of the community.

28. Brahim113

Brahim113

Why do you have case "raining" that checks a boolean?
    If-statement is enough for something like that. Less code and it makes more sense

29. Sykoo

Sykoo

Thank you for your nice comment! :)
    The main point of this asset is not the prefabs, the prefabs are there just to be an example on how people can use them etc.
    I will probably add more prefabs and 3D Models just to make this asset better, just like I will keep updating the codes of the asset to add new functionalities etc.
    Thank you very much for your feedback! :)

30. Sykoo

Sykoo

I thought it'd look more simple for customers, but I think it could look harder where you are right! I will defeinitely consider changing it until the next update to the asset! :)

31. Sykoo

Sykoo

There has been some reworking around the codes. As soon as the asset will be uplaoded on Asset Store (waiting for Unity's Staff still), then I will keep updating the asset to make it the best asset out there! :)

32. Sykoo

Sykoo

You can now manually purchase this via PayPal for 5$! Please PM me to purchase!

33. Sykoo

Sykoo

• Bug Fix: Temperature system now calculates a bit lower in order to get the perfect synchronization with the rest of attributes

34. Sykoo

Sykoo

Now available through Payloadz :)

35. Sykoo

Sykoo

Link for Payloadz updated for the latest version of SE!

36. John-G

John-G

How to get latest version for paypal users?

37. Sykoo

Sykoo

If you purchase it through Payloadz, you will get the latest version. And once I update the asset, the file on Payloadz will be updated to the latest version as well. If you've already purchased it and go to the same link, you'll be able to click on "Download" instead of having to purchase once again :) It's a pretty simple solution, and even if there will be (I don't think there will be) any struggle with that, you can just PM me here on forum with what your PayPal address you purchased with is (the mail) and I'll send you the latest version manually :) I also will add you then to a sort of news letter which you'll receive either here or on your mail manually whenever I update the file, so you'll keep receiving the file(s) without getting spammed.

The second solution for receiving updates (where I send the file(s) to you manually) goes for people who purchases SurvivalEngine through PayPal manually aswell, as an answer to your question. Note that you use PayPal to pay on Payloadz. :)

38. Sykoo

Sykoo

Manual purchases through paypal can be done in same ways still! :)

39. Sykoo

Sykoo

Still selling it on Payloadz! Be sure to get your copy today :)

40. Sykoo

Sykoo

One more purchase has been completed succesfully via Payloadz :) Thank you!

41. Sykoo

Sykoo

The link on PayLoadz has been updated :)

42. BGIndustries

BGIndustries

This is exactly the kind of thing I would buy. I love games with choices and things to do, plus the realism aspects like hunger, cold, and stamina will make any game quite better. I'd love to see more of it! $5.00 is a really good price considering the amount of time put in. Good work!

Sykoo likes this.
  43. Sykoo

Sykoo

Hello! I really can't find words to describe how thankful I am for your kind comment! :) I love to bring realism to everyone's games by coding and this is the perfect thing to do for me, which I enjoy basically. It's available on PayLoadz as you know and everyone can now purchase it and receive all updates for free! :)

BGIndustries likes this.
  44. Sykoo

Sykoo

Let me know any feedback you've got! :D

45. Sykoo

Sykoo

New Update coming soon!

46. Sykoo

Sykoo

50% OFF FOR CHRISTMAS SALE!
    Be sure to get your copy of SurvivalEngine now @ PAYLOADZ!

47. Sykoo

Sykoo

The 50% off price is going to continue until 5th January! Be sure to get your copy right now for only 2.5$ at PayLoadz! :)

48. Sykoo

Sykoo

3 DAYS LEFT UNTIL THE CHRISTMAS SALE 50% OFF IS OVER! TAKE YOUR CHANCE NOW :)

Thank you all for the purchases!

49. Sykoo

Sykoo

Tomorrow, the 50% OFF ends! Be sure to grab your copies now :)

50. TradG3me

TradG3me

how i can take and use the axe?