Search Unity

SurvivalEngine 2 | Survival Game CREATOR! [FRAMEWORK]

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Sykoo, Apr 19, 2015.

1. Sykoo

Sykoo

2. Sykoo

Sykoo

Due to all the nice support given to me by you guys, I'll extend the discount of 50% by one more day :)
    Tomorrow, you'll have the chance to get a 50% discount on SurvivalEngine 2 if you've already purchased SurvivalEngine 1!

3. Sykoo

Sykoo

The discount madness is over! :)
    Thank you all for purchasing SurvivalEngine 2, now the price will be reverted to original (10$) even if you've purchased SurvivalEngine 1 before!

Have you not purchased yet?
    CLICK HERE!

4. Sykoo

Sykoo

Any suggestions for SurvivalEngine 2? :)

5. radar089

radar089

do you have a main menu, and ai?

6. Sykoo

Sykoo

There is a full AI support with Enemy attributes (health, movement speed, attack damage etc.), though the main menu is super simple to create for anything. I can even make a tutorial for it with quality settings if you'd want me to :)

IndieAner3d likes this.
  7. Sykoo

Sykoo

50% OFF THE ORIGINAL PRICE RIGHT NOW!

This discount will be up for a couple days only, so make sure to grab your copies before it ends!

8. Sykoo

Sykoo

Don't forget that the asset is 50% of until 16/05/2015!

9. radar089

radar089

right now i am working with the UnitZ asset. it is really nice. i was wondering how your asset compared to it.

10. Sykoo

Sykoo

UnitZ is an absolutely amazing asset, but it mostly focuses on general game areas, whilst SurvivalEngine 2 focuses on in-editor editing by the developer of the game, to anything that'll be included in your game! For example, you can add a new weapon and change every single attribute to it, then add it inside of your Multiplayer game with UnitZ and watch it performed by any player character you add via SurvivalEngine 2!

There are tons of different parts, but I'd mostly take up the fact that SurvivalEngine 2 focuses mostly on how the developer wants every little detail in his/her game to be, that is the attributes of weapons, enemies, the player and so on, while UnitZ brings you the multiplayer joy of survival games!

Also, a pretty obvious fact that I still want to take up is that SurvivalEngine 2 also supports voxel and 2D props! So it'd be pretty fine to use it partly with UnitZ.

11. radar089

radar089

how would i incorporate it with unitz. i would have to have a few lines of code to make them mesh correct? i already can make almost any weapon i want with unitz as well.

12. Sykoo

Sykoo

I assume you can only make the guns in UnitZ visually (like placing all the models together etc). In SurvivalEngine 2, after assigning a weapon in the inspector, you can edit its all attributes. So you could use UnitZ to 'model' those guns, and then make them functioning in SurvivalEngine 2!

SurvivalEngine 2 focuses alot on little details like specific attributes, so using its own weapon scripts with models and visuals created in UnitZ you'd have a lot better product!

And SurvivalEngine 2 is 50% off today (as last day), so for 5$ you'd have alot ease of working on your game!

13. Sykoo

Sykoo

Last day to buy SurvivalEngine 2 with 50% off! :)

14. Sykoo

Sykoo

The price is now back to 10$!
    If we get two more copies sold, I'll make a new secret feature ;) So make sure to share the word with your friends!

IndieAner3d likes this.
  15. Sykoo

Sykoo

We should get an answer from the Asset Store's team today, according to their time giving :)

16. Sykoo

Sykoo

I realized that the day I submitted SurvivalEngine 2 to Asset Store, was Saturday and they don't usually work on weekends what I think. It's been 10 days and I mailed them, so I'll see if I can get an answer asap! :)

17. randomperson42

randomperson42

Keep in mind that it isn't a sure thing though. The asset store team gives general guidelines for how long it will take - but it may take more or less time than that (usually more.)

18. Sykoo

Sykoo

That's true! I sent them a mail and the admin should be checking it either today or tomorrow, apparently.

19. Sykoo

Sykoo

One more sale = New Secret Feature! :)

20. Sykoo

Sykoo

So it's been two days since the submission to the asset store, and when I didn't get any answers I mailed them and they replied saying there was an issue, but SurvivalEngine 2 is in the queue! So we'll wait a couple more days - if no answer - I'll mail them again!

21. Zedinex

Zedinex

I may have to purchase this :p

Sykoo likes this.
  22. Sykoo

Sykoo

I like to hear that! :)
    I assume you're developing a Survival Game? If the answer to that question is "yes", not because I'm the one who made this framework but you really should purchase it. 10$ for a huge boost to your game + ease to create your own game.

Zedinex likes this.
  23. Zedinex

Zedinex

I love survival games to be honest! I am a complete beginner when it comes to coding, I was having a google to try find tutorials on basic coding for this kind of stuff.

Then i came across your old thread "Survival Engine 1" just being noisy at your comments, I noticed your new thread looked at your intro video and i liked what i could see, I think they may help me to learn and develop something.

24. Sykoo

Sykoo

Well the thing is, SurvivalEngine 1 was pretty old-fashioned with some basic scripts that you had to drag into gameobjects to make them work like you want.

But with SurvivalEngine 2, however, you're gaining access to a GameObject called for GameManager. From that object's inspector menu, you can change everything for your game! Attributes of player and enemies, weapon ammo and shooting range, spawnpoints for enemies and a lot more!

SurvivalEngine 2 was made in order to let you learn while developing, without forcing you to code in general. But the source code follows up with the asset too, and almost every line is commented, totally 3000 lines of code, in a literal form. It also comes with a fully in-depth documentation of every single variable in the script, how they're shown in the Inspector menu of GameManager and what they do, including how you can edit them without having to deal with errors!

So pretty much, to sum it up - if you want to create your own Survival Game without having a framework that'll force you to drag around scripts and edit them, with a framework which you'll be able to edit fully via one single game object, with a framework that has the potential to teach you while you're having fun developing - I'd say go for my asset! :)

25. Zedinex

Zedinex

it looks and sounds fantastic, I think i am definitely going to bite at this :p

Sykoo likes this.
  26. Sykoo

Sykoo

Glad to hear! If you need any assistance or got any questions, never hesitate to ask! :)

27. Sykoo

Sykoo

OK, I'm done with publishing my assets to the Asset Store, I'll from now on only sell the manually via Sellfy like I do with my latest asset SurvivalEngine 2!

So for about a month ago, I started the development of my new asset called SurvivalEngine 2, which obviously is a sequel to my earlier asset called SurvivalEngine. It took me two days to polish the asset as greatly as possible in for the submission to the Asset Store, but I had already started selling the asset on Sellfy.

My previous asset, SurvivalEngine, was not accepted to the Asset Store due to a few issues:
    - The boxshot etc. lacked quality
    - The asset was a little too simple
    - Lastly, the asset did not include any high-quality documentation on how to get it working

So I took that as a feedback, and before submitting SurvivalEngine 2, I decided I'll take one extra day to write all the documentations that are necessary.

I wrote 4 different PDF files, three fairly simple and one very in-depth. (Introduction of myself and contact information, the point of my asset, instructions on how to get it working and lastly every variable in the inspector menu described literally)

Now that the 2/3 reasons of why my asset's prequel was declined were fixed, I had one left - to make sure that the asset is not simple. SurvivalEngine 2 is not only a little script that you drag over, it's a whole new framework in it's own unique way, which will help you develop your Survival Games without any coding necessary. It'll let you change player settings such as movement speed, jump force, sprinting and enemy settings such as the health and same attributes like the player's. Then there is a weapon database, where you simply add a whole new weapon to your game + the inventory system presented in SurvivalEngine 2, with just a button click from the inspector! There is also an Animation ID system where you put the animation inside of a field, you receive an Integer (ID) for it and just call it from anywhere to play that animation! There are lots of other features and details that I won't dig further into, if you want to check the asset's details out, please click here!

So I made sure that everything that was 'wrong' with my previous asset, was 'right' on this one! I was so sure and confident that it'd make it up to the Asset Store, because not only that it's very handy and incredibly easy to use for such a cheap price - but it's also unique! I haven't seen any assets out there yet that helps you develop a Survival Game with such features.

I waited exactly 20 days before receiving an answer, had to mail the Asset Store admin's 3 times to understand what 'you'll receive an answer shortly' means. No offense to the Support Team though, they work very well and they answered my questions pretty quickly. Even though I had to wait 20 days (whilst it says 5 days on the submission page, and 14 days maximum), I thought that the asset was going well, but even if it didn't make it up there I'd get a very nice message over why my asset was declined.

And right after mailing Asset Store's admins for the 3rd time, I received a new mail with the title:
    "Unity Asset Store package 'SurvivalEngine 2 - 1.6' has been declined (case ...)"
    Even though the bad message, I kept my head up and clicked on the mail to read their feedback that I was expecting after 20 days, and this is literally the only thing I received by them:

Oh well, last time I ever submit something to the Asset Store...

Sorry for the long post, thank you guys if you read it until here!
    Once again, there is no offense intended in this message. I am just sad that I put 2 weeks of work, wait for the submission review to get done for 20 days and get no feedback whatsoever, that's very disappointing!

Thank you for your time.

NOTE: This post is a duplication of my original thread for this rant!

IndieAner3d likes this.
  28. Sykoo

Sykoo

The price of my asset has now been reduced to 5$ constant price (without special prices).

IndieAner3d likes this.
  29. jf3000

jf3000

Just a few questions, how are the updates handled, certainly would get confusing when I have to keep heading to a different website to keep getting updates.

In a few sentences what does your asset actually do, I know you spoke about it in your first thread but since then you've mentioned many updates :) and looks like lots of changes. How would you describe your asset?

Thank you

30. Sykoo

Sykoo

Hello!
    Updates are handled in a very simple form. You receive an email by the market that I use to sell my asset, with the title of my asset which makes it very easy for you to realize that it's not just a spam but my asset has got updated. The updates and patch notes will be included in the message(s).

In very simple terms, my asset SurvivalEngine 2 lets you build a Survival Game from toe to head without having to necessarily code a line! It'll help you assign animations very easily, weapons with their own attributes such as weight and damage, enemies with health and much more!

You wanted to know my hiring details:
    I can be hired for art (concept art or 2D concepts), programming (my main skill) both in C# and JavaScript, create a very simple website (HTML and CSS), game development from scratch and personal Unity assistance.

31. IndieAner3d

IndieAner3d

Hiii Dev ^^

Waiting for new video material,
    which showing more of your Framework.

Some tuts, trailer, or an WebPlayerDemo....
    Some little example. play/walkthrough....

Right now, they are to lees Info for me... :--/
    Especially for an Artist...

They should be more stuff to look at...
    Which shows me what I can do with it...

I think it´s a really good Starter-Kit
    for Survival Games...
    which can push my Project forward... ^^
    But I´m not sure... Oo

greetz

Sykoo likes this.
  32. Sykoo

Sykoo

Hello!

I've not been able to make any new updates to this because of a couple reasons:
    • No time (I'm now hired by a private customer)
    • It got declined from Asset Store without any feedback

So I had no time to work on it.
    But the description pretty much sums it up - if you want to make a survival game - buy it :)
    It's not only a starter kit but also a framework that will help you through out the whole process of your development!

IndieAner3d likes this.
  33. jeranamo

jeranamo

Is this for Unity 4 or Unity 5? In Unity 5 I get the following constantly spamming the console when I test the ExampleScene:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    GameManager.Update () (at Assets/Sykoo/SurvivalEngine 2/Scripts/GameManager.cs:383)

Additionally, when I run the game I am unable to switch to a weapon.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
  34. Sykoo

Sykoo

It's working in both versions of Unity!
    The message you're receiving is pointing that one of the game objects are missing. Click on the gameobject called "GameManager", and then check all spots if there are any objects missing.

35. legofreak107

legofreak107

Hey man!

First I really like your work and for only 5$! I have one question, is this multiplayer supported?
    And I am new to Unity and making games. I know the basics of C# and Java, is it possible for me to make a game with SurvivalEngine 2?

Thanks in advance!

36. Sykoo

Sykoo

Hello! first off, Thank you for your purchase!

Thank you very much for your kind words, and yes I wanted to make it as cheap as possible so all the indie developers could afford it without doubt. I did not make a support for multiplayer on SurvivalEngine 2 but you can use it to make multiplayer games I think, as you can just create the weapons etc, add them to Unity with SurvivalEngine 2, change attributes and then let the players pick them up. Everything will be applied to those players anyway, so I think that should work!

Without being able to code, you can create a game with SurvivalEngine 2! The only thing you have to be able to understand with my framework is its UI (user interface in Inspector), which you can find everything in the documentation provided with the package! Now that you say you know at least basics of C# and JavaScript, that's perfect and you'll definitely be able to do more :)

Please don't hesitate to ask anything, I'll be more than glad to be able to provide you with support.

37. IndieAner3d

IndieAner3d

Hiii there ^^

I bought your Assets a week ago... or so...^^

I try to run it... And run in to the first errors... :---/
    I try to fix them by myself but I couldn't... And they are more errors... which makes me crazy... Oo
    I spent 4-5 hours without any success :---(

Now I try it again and stop working with that... Unfortunately
    I can´t fix it plus it´s very laggy if you moving thru the manager...
    So I post a list of errors here... Hopefully you fix it...
    I still have to rate you on Sellfy. Hopefully with 5 stars ;---)

RED Errors:
    Error removing component when merging prefab changes: Can't remove Camera because GUILayer, FlareLayer depends on it

GameManager.SpawnEnemy () (at Assets/Sykoo/SurvivalEngine 2/Scripts/GameManager.cs:984)
    GameManager.Start () (at Assets/Sykoo/SurvivalEngine 2/Scripts/GameManager.cs:276)

GameManager.Update () (at Assets/Sykoo/SurvivalEngine 2/Scripts/GameManager.cs:383)

Error removing component when merging prefab changes: Can't remove Camera because GUILayer, FlareLayer depends on it

YELLOW Errors:
    Unexpected top level layout group! Missing GUILayout.EndScrollView/EndVertical/EndHorizontal?
    UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()

WHITE Errors:
    Can't add component 'Rigidbody' to Player because such a component is already added to the game object!
    UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent()
    GameManagerEditor:OnInspectorGUI() (at Assets/Sykoo/SurvivalEngine 2/Scripts/Editor/GameManagerEditor.cs:175)

lor=blue>Added the necessary components to Player Object and Camera Object! </color>
    UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object)
    GameManagerEditor:OnInspectorGUI() (at Assets/Sykoo/SurvivalEngine 2/Scripts/Editor/GameManagerEditor.cs:180)

ed>No Collider has been added to </color>Player (UnityEngine.Transform)!<color=blue> Please add them by yourself!</color>
    UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object)
    GameManagerEditor:OnInspectorGUI() (at Assets/Sykoo/SurvivalEngine 2/Scripts/Editor/GameManagerEditor.cs:181)

38. Sykoo

Sykoo

Hello there!
    Thank you for your purchase on SurvivalEngine 2! :) I'm very sorry to hear that you're experiencing some errors. I'll now upload an updated version to the Sellfy page, where you purchased the asset, which will let you download it for free. In the new update the errors you mentioned should be gone, as well as the lag in the editor while browsing through everything.

IndieAner3d likes this.
  39. PvTGreg

PvTGreg

ahh ok i now realize why your asset was not accepted to the asset store you allow null references to show. you are not allowed to do that. you need to make them point to the specific part of a script that is missing so the user does not have to contact or look through it all like you have it atm

40. Sykoo

Sykoo

Do you think that might be it? I have a debug.log on everything if something is not setup correctly or is missing.

Edit: I still don't know why the asset store staff team could not tell me something because right now I got no idea whatsoever on what to fix so it gets accepted :/

41. PvTGreg

PvTGreg

i mean if the amount of errors people seem to be posting is the problem if the asset store team came across any of them its an instant no and since its the rules they dont have to respond to it

42. Sykoo

Sykoo

I don't know, I mean they could've at least said something because there are several parts of their rules, so iif they just add one more sentence and tell me it it'd be great.

43. PvTGreg

PvTGreg

well the shouldn't have to really its clearly stated in there rules that code assets must under no circumstances give out null reference exceptions

44. Sykoo

Sykoo

Yes but I mean, there are other things stated too - what if there ewas something specific they saw wrong instead of the null reference?

45. IndieAner3d

IndieAner3d

Okay,
    there are a couple of errors left...
    I attach some screens...
    P.s. I can´t play anymore...without compile errors...Oo
    Play and Pause are both blue... oO

Attached Files:

46. Fireking883

Fireking883

Huh, I'm thinking about getting it just for the enemies! Awesome work!

47. Sykoo

Sykoo

Hi. I can see the pictures now, thank you :)
    Edit: You can't play because you have ticked the "Error Pause" button beside the "Clear on Play" button inside of the Console. The red errors state that something inside of GameManager is missing, make sure to check the gameobject GameManager and its attributes.

@Fireking883
    Thank you very much, I hope you do because the enemies are greatly coded and are intelligent :)

Fireking883 likes this.
  48. IndieAner3d

IndieAner3d

Hmm...Confused Oo

Game Manger lags no more... ;--)

If I press Add Components to the Player... ... ...
    Errors come back, which I post before...

I made again a screen...
    Maybe it helps us out...

P.s OmG my wrong "Error Pause" ^^

Attached Files:

49. Sykoo

Sykoo

If there are duplicates of scripts on player or camera, these errors will most likely show up (though I programmed them not to show, just ignore adding again). So make sure to have one only.

50. IndieAner3d

IndieAner3d

Hmm...

I restart the scene...
    And one error is showing...
    Something is missing in the Game Manager... cs. 383
    But I can´t find out what it is...

P.s
    Animation and Mags are not setting up by standard...
    If I choose something from the Inventory thirst and hunger rise rapidly...
    No weapon are showing... On start or Inventory...
    Puhhh, difficult...