Search Unity

SurvivalEngine 2 | Survival Game CREATOR! [FRAMEWORK]

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Sykoo, Apr 19, 2015.

1. Sykoo

Sykoo

SurvivalEngine 2 is not only a little script with some prefabs in it which will give you a starting kit to begin the development of your own Survival Game, nor is it a small extension to Unity - it's a whole new framework! You'll be able to manage literally everything of your next hit game by just one single game object inside of Unity, the Game Manager.

Main Features:
    • Incredibly strong, advanced and easy Interface for the developer (you)!
    • Very fast Adding, Deleting and Managing mechanics
    • No more struggle of moving scripts - they'll automatically be added!
    • Improved Player System with Hunger and Thirst
    • A whole new Animation ID system - enter a number and play Animation!
    • Weapon Database for storing and managing every weapon in your game
    • 4 weapon types: Melee, Pistol, Rifle & Shotgun!
    • Fully attributed Enemies to edit, set spawn point and see them seek for the player!
    • Easy to set up 3D Inventory System - no more struggle with textures and algorithms
    • Manage amount of weapons, enemies, items, ammo from one game object!
    • Fully commented source code & in-depth documentation written in literal form
    • Tons of video tutorials, tips and suggestions coming soon

NOW RELEASED!

Click here to purchase now via Sellfy
    To read why this won't be released at Asset Store, please click here!

Pictures:

Videos:

Patch Notes:

Last edited: May 28, 2015
    JudoBear84, Defcon44 and blueivy like this.
  2. Sykoo

Sykoo

Videos and pictures of the asset in-game will come soon! :)

3. Sykoo

Sykoo

Lots of work has been done, almost a video time!

4. TechSins

TechSins

Can't wait to take a look!

5. Sykoo

Sykoo

Thank you very much!

6. IndieAner3d

IndieAner3d

Awesome Project ^o^
    Looks good so far ^_^

But is it mobile friendly...!!!

7. Sykoo

Sykoo

Hello!
    Thank you very much for your kind comment, and yes it is mobile friendly too! It will help you build up survival games very easily for any platform targeted!

8. TechSins

TechSins

When do you think this will be out?

9. Sykoo

Sykoo

Very very soon, maybe in a week! :)

10. Sykoo

Sykoo

Animation system is done!
    The animation playing will work by calling it via scripting, but you won't have to struggle with tons of code, thanks to the AnimationID system that gets offered in SurvivalEngine 2!

You'll basically just write whatever you usually write when you try to play an animation, but you'll put the name to an array with the ID inside of it. You will not have to struggle with coding a ton of events then assigning them in the inspector, you'll just call for the animation ID presented in the inspector as soon as you assign an animation!

I.e:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. GetComponent<Animation>.CrossFade(GameManager.animations[6]);
    This will play the animation you assign in the animation database with ID 6. For those of you wondering how the animation database looks like, here is a quick picture:

You can easily add, delete and nullify any field from the database shown above, without having to struggle by coding every single thing by yourself. There'll be videos showing how to do these actions and including how to play an animation required from the animation database!

We're getting closer and closer to a release, but first and foremost a video! :)

PS: As shown in the picture above, you have an animation name field. That field does not have to necessarily be filled with anything at all, nor do you have to call it via scripting. It's basically there if you want to fill in a name so that you can keep record of which animation you're playing around with currently, if the actual animation name is a little confusing like "PE_Player_anim1_run".

Last edited: Apr 24, 2015
  11. Sykoo

Sykoo

I decided that I'll post update logs even while the asset is not released!

Version 1.1 Patch Notes:
    • Fixed Animation ID system which will make it easier for you to call for animations via scripting
    • Added amount of animations that are hidden when you click on "Hide All Animations"
    • Fixed the bug with thirst of Player which would multiply instead of plus
    • Fixed the calculation bug of how much time it'd take for the player to die if they don't eat/drink for a while
    • Added a text tutorial on how to easily make special events happen when hunger and/or thirst reaches a specific number
    • Added full camera support with sensitivity, minimum and maximum angles for both player and camera turning!

There'll be TONS of other features and tutorials upcoming, and everything will be posted here!

Last edited: Apr 24, 2015
  12. Sykoo

Sykoo

Weapon Database is almost done!

After that, I'll move onto Item Database, Inventory, Crafting and Enemy!

13. Sphelps

Sphelps

Videos? Images?

14. Sykoo

Sykoo

Hi! Thank you for your comment, they're coming supposedly tomorrow! :)
    In the video I'll try my best to show what the player settings can be used for, then there'll be more videos showing the power of Weapon Database, Item Database, Crafting System and Inventory Settings! Then there'll be another single video which will act as a tutorial :)

15. Sykoo

Sykoo

TEASER TRAILER!

IndieAner3d likes this.
  16. Sykoo

Sykoo

Don't forget to give me your suggestions!

17. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Sykoo - can you explain the differences in this new version compared to the old version. I can't seem to figure it out - other than "New" and "better".

Also - is this going to be an official asset submitted to the asset store?
    The last survival engine never made it through the review process afaik, based on the payment method requested on the other thread, which prompts questioning the quality of the original.

18. Sykoo

Sykoo

Hello there!

I'm so sorry for being unclear, I'll update the thread and provide more info and media asap! I'll try my best to shortly tell you the differences between them.

SurvivalEngine 2 will provide you with a more advanced and professional looking inspector, where you have one single gameobject to drag into your game (it's called for GameManager), and from that gameobject you edit everything, including Enemy AI, Player Settings such as Movement Settings, Inventory Settings, Crafting, Weapon and Item Databases! This means that you'll have much more ease to create your games with SurvivalEngine 2, it'll make it much easier to add, delete and manage new and custom stuff that you want to include inside of your game.

There'll be tons of more features than SurvivalEngine 1, not only visually in the inspector window but also the literal features presented, such as Animation ID which will let you add animations to anything, receive an ID for it and just call that ID to play it whenever you want instead of screwing around with tons of different scripts. There are new stuff like crafting system, where you choose the amount of items needed for something to be crafted, and then inside of the game you get that object as soon as you craft it!

I think that SurvivalEngine 2 has a huge potential to come up on the Asset Store and be sold officially as an asset, because now the asset is not only about how it'll help you and give you a starting boost-kit to make your own game - but it'll help you through out the WHOLE development of your game, due to the super-simple and powerful inspector extension included. While giving you a huge ease to create games, manage your items and weapons, edit your player and enemy settings very quickly, it'll make it look and feel more professionally made, instead of what SurvivalEngine 1 did.

Thank you very much for your questions, please let me know if you've got any other question marks! I'd be more than happy to provide you with as good answers as possible! :)

19. MrGky93

MrGky93

where i can buy it ??

20. Sykoo

Sykoo

It'll be out in very short time, like a few days! :)

MrGky93 likes this.
  21. Sykoo

Sykoo

Version 1.2 Patch Notes [WIP]:
    • The Inventory System has now been added!!
    • Weapons from your Weapon Database with all attributes registered will be in the inventory
    • The bug where wrong animation ID would be assigned has been fixed
    • The bug that made the inspector window lag has been fixed
    • The inventory system is now a 3D space where you place your gameobjects, which you later assign in the inspector
    • Animation ID system has been improved and works better off now with the new GUI update

I've been working alot on Survival Engine 2 and I'm so glad I did so far, because I really love working on it. Please let me know if you've got any suggestions, there's not alot left to do before release! :)

22. Sykoo

Sykoo

Version 1.3 Patch Notes [WIP]:
    • Option to choose if weapon is in Inventory at start has been added
    • Ammo object field added to easily manage the ammo for any ranged weapon
    • Weapons shoot now correctly depending on their type (Melee, Pistol, Rifle and Shotgun)
    • Now weapons can be picked up, even if they're already in the Inventory
    • Correctly sets the amount of weapons inside of your inventory

23. Sykoo

Sykoo

Enemy System is now being worked on, as weapons are correctly functioning! :)

24. Sykoo

Sykoo

The thread has been updated in order to meet the new features added to the SurvivalEngine 2!

blueivy likes this.
  25. JudoBear84

JudoBear84

Still no buy option? :)

26. Sykoo

Sykoo

Hello there!
    It'll definitely be on sale either today or under the weekend! :)
    There were some bugs I had to fix before moving onto the enemy system, but now that it's all fixed and I'm almost done with enemy system - it won't be taking any longer time! :)

27. JudoBear84

JudoBear84

awesome man looking forward to see it thx

28. Sykoo

Sykoo

Thank you so much, I hope that you'll like the asset as soon as it gets released too! It's the first asset that I worked so long at, added so many features to and also my first editor extension product :)

29. Sykoo

Sykoo

Version 1.4 Patch Notes:
    • Added Enemy Settings where you can add every single enemy with its own attributes
    • Enemies now have a spawn point which you set, then they will spawn there with their specific attributes
    • You can use one single prefab to spawn an enemy, whilst having tons of different attributes
    • Enemies are now using Animation ID system for idle, run, sprint, attacked, attacking, seeking and hunting states!
    • A whole new Enemy script has been added with intelligent AI behaviors
    • Enemies now re-spawn at random when one other dies, keeping a static int of enemies in-game
    • Enemies now get damaged properly by player attacks

Almost fully done with Enemy and Player Weapons System! I just have to work on ranged weapons a little bit, then I'll move onto Item Database and Crafting System! After the two last sections that are left, the asset will be released fully onto PayLoadz and submitted to Asset Store. :)

Last edited: May 1, 2015
  30. Sykoo

Sykoo

Version 1.4.1 Patch Notes (HOTFIX):
    • Fixed the bug (took a couple hours to figure out) where the weapons you pick up would make each other invisible in the inventory
    • Fully added Animation ID support to Pistol default animations and developer's custom animations

Last edited: May 1, 2015
    JudoBear84 likes this.
  31. Sykoo

Sykoo

Feature Showcase #2 added!

Showing the update to Animation ID, new Pistol script, weapon database updates and more!

IndieAner3d likes this.
  32. Sykoo

Sykoo

Version 1.4.2 Patch Notes (HOTFIX (Important Change)):
    • Currently disabled the Shotgun as weapon type due to it causing a weird bug. It'll require a bit extra work for it so it'll be available in the future update of SurvivalEngine 2 after release! And of course, all updates to SurvivalEngine 2 will come for FREE! The asset package will be updated regularly as soon as a update is available, so the only thing to do is to download the asset again!

Currently, the available weapon types are: Melee, Pistol and Rifle!
    I hope to get this bug fixed, and add support to Shotguns as soon as the first update after the official release of SurvivalEngine 2!

JudoBear84 likes this.
  33. Sykoo

Sykoo

Version 1.4.3 Patch Notes (HOTFIX):
    • Fully working Melee, Pistol and Rifle scripts added to the asset. Full support for shooting, reloading and aiming down ranged weapons completed!
    • Added object fields under each weapon for specific sounds!
    Melee: Swinging sound | Ranged: Firing and Reloading sounds
    • Animations for weapons now CrossFade (smooth transition) instead of playing instantly!

Now that the weapon scripts are completely done, tomorrow is the day to work on Enemy and Crafting Systems! After that, the asset just requires a few last touches and then it'll be release time! :)

Hype Hype!

IndieAner3d likes this.
  34. Sykoo

Sykoo

Version 1.4.4 Patch Notes (HOTFIX):
    • Fixed the bug where added weapons wouldn't display due to array initialization
    • Picking up ammo now correctly gives amount of max ammo the developer assigns for each weapon
    • Sound will now correctly play on pistol shots
    • Fixed the alignment issue in Inspector

Time to work on Enemy script, and then Crafting System!
    After that, it's time for a release!

35. Sykoo

Sykoo

Version 1.4.5 Patch Notes (HOTFIX):
    • Added a whole new section just for Animation ID System!

36. Sykoo

Sykoo

A huge bug that was pretty much holding back the further development of the asset has finally been fixed. Oh god, it took too long!

The release will probably be a couple days late, but that means I'll put in extra work so that I can polish it as much as possible before release! :)

JudoBear84 likes this.
  37. Sykoo

Sykoo

Version 1.5 & 1.5.1 Patch Notes:
    • Added a button which will setup GameManager for you at first time you open it up (fixes a bug automatically for you, otherwise you'd have to go into the script and fix it manually by yourself!)

• Enemy system is now working, it has a couple detection levels using sphere colliders, where the player basically enters the outer collider, also called for Level 1 - making enemy aware of players' existence in nearby position, so it'll start seeking for player. Level 2 makes the enemy chase down player!

• Updated the banner to a green 2D one instead of the old red 3D-ish one!

Last edited: May 5, 2015
  38. Sykoo

Sykoo

Version 1.5.2 Patch Notes (HOTFIX):
    • Enemy system is no longer using spherical colliders, it's using realtime distance calculator, which will calculate the current distance from player object's position. If the calculation reaches a certain amount of numbers (given by the developer inside of GameManager), the enemy will stop wandering randomly in an idle state and start seeking out for player. In next level of how close the player is to the enemy, it'll start hunting down the enemy!

The enemy system will be updated regularly to make it as perfect as possible! There'll also be a full support for any other enemy and AI script at all, so you won't necessarily have to use the one given with SurvivalEngine 2, but that'll be a little later in the updates after the first initial release of the asset!

JudoBear84 likes this.
  39. Sykoo

Sykoo

Due to a national exam that I'll have tomorrow (Thursday 7th of May), I had to delay the release of my asset, as I was focusing alot on the exam! So I'll set a deadline to Sunday this weekend, though I think it'll be done until Saturday! :)

Hope you guys don't mind the delay, but I really had to focus on the exam as it's the last weeks of school.

Hope you guys enjoy so far!

JudoBear84 likes this.
  40. JudoBear84

JudoBear84

good luck man

41. Sykoo

Sykoo

Thank you very much for your kind words, I am looking forward to work more on it! :)

42. Sykoo

Sykoo

43. Sykoo

Sykoo

SurvivalEngine 2 has been submitted to the Asset Store as well!
    Now I'm waiting for an answer by them.

NOTE: You can currently purchase via Sellfy, and it won't hurt as it's literally the same product, with same amount of updates that'll come, at the same time!

44. Sykoo

Sykoo

There was an error with submitting, but I just fixed and officially submitted now :)

45. Sykoo

Sykoo

50% off for three days only if you've purchased SurvivalEngine 1 :)
    PM me for more details

46. JudoBear84

JudoBear84

i was wating for this for about 3 weeks now :) got one copy. Thx again for hard work

47. Sykoo

Sykoo

I am so glad you've waited so long and purchased at the end too! I saw you as one of the first on this thread, and you're a special guest of mine :) Thank you very much, please let me know what you think about it and if you got any suggestions or bug reports!

48. Sykoo

Sykoo

I've also now begun the development of my Survival Game with SurvivalEngine 2! :)

49. Sykoo

Sykoo

2 Days Left on the Discount!

If you've purchased SurvivalEngine 1 before, and purchase this one you'll receive a 50% discount, making it only 5$!

50. Sykoo

Sykoo

NOTE:
    There'll be same amount of updates etc. if you purchase the asset right now via Sellfy! So please don't be afraid of purchasing now instead of the Asset Store version, because you won't miss anything.