Search Unity

Survival Shooter Multiplayer

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by madvas, Jul 1, 2015.

1. madvas

madvas

2. Whiteleaf

Whiteleaf

This is pretty cool! I did this sometimes, I'd branch out off of the Unity tutorials and add more things after I complete it.

3. BozzWong

BozzWong

Pretty cool work. But when I try to bulid it in unity5.2, it prompt complier error:
    Assets/Scripts/Extensions/StringExtensions.cs(7,72): error CS1061: Type `UnityEngine.Color' does not contain a definition for `ToHexStringRGB' and no extension method `ToHexStringRGB' of type `UnityEngine.Color' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

which version do you use?

BTW, I'm trying convert the survival shooter to multiplayer version by UNet introduced in Unity5.x, the new network system. But I encountered a problem when spawning the GunBarrelEnd effect(shoot effect) to the client. The code is something like this:
    [Command]
    void CmdShoot ()
    {
    Transform gbe = transform.Find ("GunBarrelEnd");
    timer = 0;
    bullet = (GameObject)Instantiate (bulletPrefab,gbe.position,Quaternion.Euler(0,0,0));

bullet.GetComponent<Bullet> ().Shoot (gbe);
    Destroy (bullet, 1.0f);
    NetworkServer.Spawn (bullet);
    }
    the GunBarrelEnd a prefab extracted from the player prefab and added a networkidentity component, also is registered in the networkmananger spawnable prefab.

But when I call the CmdShoot, the shooting effect( facelight and bullet line) only show in the host, never take effect in the client.

Do you have any suggestion? Thx.