Search Unity

Survival Island

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by jheard901, Oct 17, 2012.

1. jheard901

jheard901

Survival Island​

You awake on a mysterious island... Find a way to signal for help or face certain doom!​

This is a game I developed following Will Goldstone's book "Unity 3.x Game Development Essentials". It took me about a couple of weeks to make this game following the book. All assets were provided.

I plan to start work on a new game building off the idea of surviving on an island, but the difference is it will feature a much more free-world approach to traveling around the water on a boat to many different islands that can be seen in the distance; it could be described similar to exploration in Skyrim or LoZ: Wind Waker. If you know a good resource I could use for finding more information about scene streaming in Unity please do tell! The only tool I found so far is UniLOD which has not been updated to work with the latest build of Unity.

Comments or criticism is greatly appreciated.

2. Vanamerax

Vanamerax

Hey there, good start you're making!

Was fun to see how things were setup, although I finished the game within 5 minutes, so there is room for expansion :)

I think the minigame is a bit out of place for a survival game. Maybe try a different approach? Something more interactive than just walking around the island and finding the batteries

I think scene streaming is Unity Pro-only, unfortunately..

Anyways, good start, but it needs some more work to really call it a game :D

3. jheard901

jheard901

I agree it is a bit dull in terms of how interactive it is, so I'm going to try to figure out AI scripting enemies into this new game I am working on. I found a bit more information on the scene streaming which is controlled using Application.LoadLevelAdditiveAsync which is a Pro-only feature unfortunately. I'll just have to settle for using Application.LoadLevelAdditive. Thanks for the suggestion.

4. Thenewguy

Thenewguy

Hi jheard901. I bought the same book and I'm having difficulty trying to script the door on pages159-169. I'm very new to programing/scripting and I'm assuming that I have some bits of code mixed up, but I've double checked and I still cannot see where I made my mistake. Could you help me out?

5. mcnardelli

mcnardelli

Hey, jheard901, I followed this book to create my first game. Basically the programming is the same, I just added some different aspects to it.

If you want to try (http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/166060-Quatis-My-First-Game) and tell me what do you think I would be really thankfull.

At,
    Mauro Baptista

6. yana

yana

hi dude can you share this project not demo but project, only for learn, please.......
    you can send link download to my email : yana.toing@yahoo.co.id

7. Whiteleaf

Whiteleaf

Chrome blocked this for being malicious.

8. Whiteleaf

Whiteleaf

Chrome has never blocked any downloads; it chose this one. I'm not downloading it.

9. Deleted User

Deleted User

Very good game!

10. JamesLeeNZ

JamesLeeNZ

SEND ME YOUR CODES SO I CAN STEAL THEM.

should send him a virus

randomperson42 likes this.
  11. KheltonHeadley

KheltonHeadley

Downloaded, got eleventeen trojans.

JamesLeeNZ likes this.
  12. KheltonHeadley

KheltonHeadley

:rolleyes:

13. KheltonHeadley

KheltonHeadley

It was a joke, I'm sure everyone but you got that. eleventeen isn't a number.

14. ShiJento

ShiJento

Jumping down from top of the volcano didn't kill me, why would i wanna escape this island, i have super powers :D

15. KheltonHeadley

KheltonHeadley

I... :rolleyes:

16. KheltonHeadley

KheltonHeadley

17. graveking

graveking

lol eleventeen

18. JamesLeeNZ

JamesLeeNZ

I think your iq is eleventeen.

19. KheltonHeadley