Search Unity

support of multi-monitor configurations

Discussion in 'Wish List' started by Hotsun, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Hotsun

Hotsun

Hi,
    Many games support multi-monitor but I can't do it using Unity,actually I'm not talking about the editor but the final game.

When you see kind of these images I tell myself why my game should not run like those games:

I think it will be good if we see any configuration of multi-monitor in next versions.

2. Diviner

Diviner

I have a triple monitor set-up and all Unity builds run perfectly on all monitors (5760x1080) without any additional work on my part.

3. Hotsun

Hotsun

So why I can't do it?

I have GTX580 but I can't play unity's games on 3 of them at same time.

4. bigkahuna

bigkahuna

Unity stand alone apps can be run on multiple monitors, but how you accomplish this will depend on what operating system you're using and how your graphics card handles desktop "spanning". Some configurations, such as what Diviner is apparently using, may be plug and play, while others may take some special configuration of the graphics card's settings and code in Unity to set the app's window size and position. There have been several threads on the topic, google "multiple monitors unity 3d" and you should find them.

5. Diviner

Diviner

I am on SLI with two GTX590. In SLI mode, NVidia's drivers allow my monitors to be considered as one with a resolution of 5760x1080 (I don't see three monitors when I got to Desktop properties). My OS is Windows 7 Pro.

By the way, I don't remember the GTX580 supporting more than two monitors on its own. How did you manage to setup your rig with one card?

6. Hotsun

Hotsun

I forgot to say I have 2 GTX580 and windows 7 Ultimate but it shows 3 monitors in the display configuration,maybe I have to ask it in windows forums.

7. Diviner

Diviner

Just download the latest NVidia drivers, and use the surround vision option from Nvidia's control panel. This isn't Unity related.

8. Hotsun

Hotsun

Finally I could do it.
    The problem was about the settings in Nvidia's Control Panel.