Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Super 3match kit - with: AI, visual editor and modular gameplay editor

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by LuxUnity, Aug 15, 2014.

1. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

DEMO

Features:

- Build levels fast and easy with the visual editor
    - Very low drawcalls with new unity 2d features
    - For mobile and desktop
    - Auto shuffle when no more moves
    - Special elements: padlocks and blocks
    - Various premade AI strategy
    - Commented c# code
    - Very easy even if you don't have any programming experience

- Modular gameplay editor to create different game experience:
    * Solo: destroy tiles versus time
    * Solo: collect gems versus time
    * Versus AI: collect gems
    * Versus AI: battle armor mode

...and more!

https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/templates/systems/super-match-3-kit-20891

Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
  2. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Now in asset store!

3. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

In next update: new ugui (unity 4.6) with auto-setup integration and bonuses.

4. imtrobin

imtrobin

Demo? I'm interested in the AI part, what kind of AI is it doing?

5. Shigidy

Shigidy

Could you make it where you only have a certain amount of moves then you lose and is there anyway you could have a scoring system.
    3 in a row 50
    4 in a row 100 and a special piece. (Piece gets the entire row or column)
    5 250 and get a special piece. (Piece get all the same pieces of the same color)

If you could do this, I would be a buyer.

6. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

I'll add it in next update.

The AI chose an useful move like:
    - search if there are a gem of the color specified in manual setup, and if not, search the second choice (and so on...)
    - try to collect the gem from the color that the enemy need the most, or from the color that is more fast to complete
    - try to damage the player HP with the gem that have the more effective color against him
    - a random (but useful) move

I'll add a demo

Last edited: Sep 9, 2014
  7. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Add demo:
    DEMO
    notes:
    - press space to return to main menu
    - asset don't include sound file, but you'll can add its with a simple drag and drop in editor gameplay menu
    - this demo use the old gui, next asset version will have a new gui with uGUI

8. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

I add these options for the next update:

Last edited: Sep 13, 2014
  9. imtrobin

imtrobin

I don't quite understand your battle mode, can you explain more? I see in your video demo, AI also can get more than 100 health?

10. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Player and Enemy have different resistance versus different color (or the same if you like).
    For every color you can choose from:
    - normal = basic damage
    - weak = basic damage * 2
    - strong = basic damage / 2
    - immune = no damage
    - absorb = instead of take damage, get heal from the same value of the basic damage

So if basic damage is 2 and enemy have armor red gem = normal, blue = weak and so on...
    If the player explode 3 blue gems, enemy hp decrease of 6.

And player have armor too, so same rules are applyed when enemy move. The enemy AI will try to explode gem with the color more dangerous for the player.

I take this idea from my old game Zodiac Mania (it not was done with unity)

from 0:20 you can see a battle with these rules. The AI in the super 3match kit is better.
    In this video, destroy tiles heal hp too (ad you can turn this game mechanic on/off in this asset too.

So you are free to set the armor resistance of each color form player and enemy as you like from (normal, weak, strong, immune and absorb)

Player and AI can have the hp that you like. So yes, you can make enemy with more (or less hp) than the player in order to make more difficult or easy the challenge. In games, boss usually have more hp than the player and generic enemy less. You are free to set any positive values that you like.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2014
  11. Kewlieo

Kewlieo

When you looking at releasing the new update for this? I'm having a play around with it at the moment and I'm impressed with it

12. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Thank you (you could review it in asset store if you want)! It will ready in about 2 weeks.

13. Shigidy

Shigidy

I just bought the system and looks great. With the certain amount of moves then you lose could you also make it where to finish you have to get a certain score too. For example, you only have 60 moves to get 25,000.

I just thought of another idea. If you get an "L" shape like this
    O
    O
    O O O

Could there be a special piece for this as well. It would blow up nine of the closet pieces after a delay for waiting for the pieces to fall down around it.

Finally, could there be a 3 star system. Like one star just for passing, 2 stars for intermediate, and 3 stars for highest.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2014
  14. Shigidy

Shigidy

I've tried to change the gems to something I got off the asset store, but couldn't get it to work.

upload_2014-9-15_7-45-14.png

Do I just have to update the gems, or is there something else I need to do first.

15. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

16. Shigidy

Shigidy

Thank you :) Is there anyway that you could have it be timed to get all the unlocks unlocked? Also is there anyway we could get some gems to spawn underneath the locked ones. It just doesn't look right with nothing underneath.

I couldn't find "reach target score" option. I only had "destroy all tiles" "enemy hp is zero" and "collect gems"

17. Kewlieo

Kewlieo

Sweet, I'll be leaving a review for you at the end of the week once I've finished having a good look at it

18. imtrobin

imtrobin

I'm still a bit confused. So wouldn't the best way is to set everything to Absorb, meaning enemy can't attack me?

19. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

This will require a different kind of gem-bound. I'll put this in to-do list, but not for the next update.

Usually in 3 match games, locked don't spawn gems. I will consider another kind of gem-bound, but I don't promise nothing about that.

Of course, I have add it just yesterday working on next update, so you will find it in a couple of weeks :)

20. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Set every on Absorb meaning that every enemy attack will heal you, so will be impossible for the enemy win. It will like a sort of God-mode.
    So it is possible but not is the "best", because it not will be fun. Absorb is the more powerful armor type, so I suggest to use it with parsimony: have it in only a gem color will give by itself a strong advantage. Or even reserve it for the most powerful enemy boss.

21. Shigidy

Shigidy

Been messing with this all day and now I can't wait for the new update. :) Is there anyway there could be a "lives" system. Like you get five lives and then you have to wait or pay for more? With the locked ones I meant it leaves spaces of emptiness. Like in candy crush, they fall and then they fall diagonally to fill in the spot.

22. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Lives (but not the micropayment engine) are in to do list, but not for the next update.
    Diagonal falling not is in to-do list, I'll consider it, but can't promise it because require a big modification of the way that the engine handle the fallings.

23. Shigidy

Shigidy

Cool, is there any plan to have local multilayer between two players or online with the battle system? Also have you thought about with the battle system, you could have the ai be dynamic and have a timer and see who could collect the most gems at the end of the timer.

I just thought about something, you would have to make the player have a timer for the moves or he could just sit on his lead and win. Like you have 7 seconds to make a move or you forfeit your turn.

Finally and I'm done for the day :) An awesome game type would be change the background color. Like you would have to get every space on the puzzle before the time would run out.

24. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

I want to see the new unity tool before consider that:
    http://blogs.unity3d.com/2014/05/12/announcing-unet-new-unity-multiplayer-technology/

I'll put these in to-do list.

The win condition "destroy all tiles" is for that. Tiles can have hp from 0 to 3 and them change color for every hp value.

25. Shigidy

Shigidy

A couple of small bugs I've seen since playing around with it today:
    -On "destroy all tiles" the lose audio doesn't play even after the timer hits 0:00.
    -On the battle custom made maps, you cant see the scores. Ex. the collect /10 stuff and the weak, normal, strong stuff. You only can see part of it.

Untitled.png
    One quick thought. When you add the 4 piece and 5 piece special gems. In vs collect mode, could you make it so where the user gets the explosion or the whole row of the special gem. So the computer couldn't use the gem that you just made.

Also for the new update could there be a background audio option on top of the sound effects?

One final request could there be a game type called pad lock or something where you only had to get the padlocks unlocked to win? One with a timer and one with a moves limit.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2014
  26. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Thank you for your feedback, I'll fix it with next update.

I have already think about that. There will be a condition "gain a move if explode more than 3 gems" and you will can turn it on/off in gameplay menu.

Take note of these, but not for the next update.

27. Shigidy

Shigidy

I got a simple work around with the music part. Just copy audio source and you can have one with the song and one for the audio effects. It's just when you win or lose I would like for the song to stop and you only would hear the winning or losing audio. Is there a way to do this?

Last edited: Sep 17, 2014
  28. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Not yet, but it is how I plan to fix it.

29. Shigidy

Shigidy

Another request I have is I just got a background that I like. On the first level I made a really small level to get people used to the game.
    Untitled.png

But on level 2 which is a much bigger board I get this.
    Untitled2.png

Is there anyway to make a background that re-adjust itself automatically decided by how big the board is?

Attached Files:

30. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

You could use another camera that render only the background using Camera Culling Mask so it will be always the same. Or turn off the camera auto zoom in gameplay editor.

31. Shigidy

Shigidy

Thanks, I couldn't find the camera auto-zoom, could you show me where it is?

32. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Here:

put adaptive zoom OFF

33. Shigidy

Shigidy

Just wondering how the update is coming :)

34. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

I'll submit it on asset store Monday.

35. SephirHua

SephirHua

Hi!

I was wondering where I can increase the number of Gems. There is only a possibility of 5 gems right now.

Thanks!

36. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Update in upload.

Actually the gem number is fixed to 5 and you can't change it. In future it will be raised up to 7. The slots higher are reserved to special elements.

37. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Bad news: asset store email me that actually they don't accept packages that are built with Unity 4.6. I'll keep working to more features until Unity 4.6 will be accepted.

38. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

If someone really need it now. You can send me a private message with your email and Invoice No.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
  39. Shigidy

Shigidy

That sucks about 4.6. I don't need it right away anyways, but for the new update with 4.6 I would like a lives system and perhaps a power up system. All with timers that allowed them to be re-spawned after a certain amount of time. The power up system I was thinking of three rather easy ones.

-<---> One that gets all the gems in a horizontal row.
    -+ One that gets all the gems in a vertical column.
    - x One that allowed any two pieces to switch each other.

If you could thing of any other cool power-ups add them!

The new game-type like I said earlier was something called padlock. Like the only objective is to unlock the locked pieces and you win. With a set number of moves or timer.

Not sure if this was added or not but this would also be cool.

If you get an "L" shape like this
    O
    O
    O O O

Could there be a special piece for this as well. It would blow up nine of the closet pieces after a delay for waiting for the pieces to fall down around it. Like a 2 second delay then *boom*.

40. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

The power up system is implemented in 1.1 with 3 systems:
    - get bonus by charge (fill bar bonus in gui) [trigger by click the gui button]
    - get bonus by magnitude explosion (create bonus on board) [trigger by click on the special gem OR my move it when the next gem is moved and exploded]
    - get bonus by color explosion (create bonus on board) [trigger by click on the special gem OR my move it when the next gem is moved and exploded]

Bonus tipes:
    - remove one gem
    - 3x3 explode
    - horizontal explosion
    - vertical explosion
    - vertical and horizontal
    - destroy all gem with same color
    - time bonus

And about gameplay:
    - lose when no more moves
    - lose when enemy reach target score
    - win when reach target score
    - gain a move/turn if explode same color of previous move
    - gain a move/turn if explode 4 or more gems

Score system that keep track of magnitude explosion, secondary explosion, chain explosion and seconds/hp/moves saved when win

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
  41. SephirHua

SephirHua

Hi!

Why does the background color and the gems colors become colorless (Lose contrast, intensity, etc)? Is there a way to fix that?

Thanks

42. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Different tile color are used to show how many hp have every tile. Every time a gem explode, the tile under it lose one hp point. You can set every tile hp to zero in the editor board window (so no matter if gem explode, the color don't will change) or edit the file with the texture in order to have a different color choice that you like more.

43. Shigidy

Shigidy

Hey LuxUnity, I'm still having problems with the star system.

As you can see in the video, I can play it one time and it works, but if you go back to the menu and play it again it crashes. Wondering if you had an idea about what's wrong.

The error is this:

Code (CSharp):
    1. NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    2. stage_master.Activate_camera (Int32 camera_list_number) (at Assets/mobile game menu kit/Stages/gui/script/stage_master.cs:404)
    3. stage_master.Change_camera (Int32 n_camera, Int32 n_background) (at Assets/mobile game menu kit/Stages/gui/script/stage_master.cs:387)
    4. stage_master.Defeat () (at Assets/mobile game menu kit/Stages/gui/script/stage_master.cs:303)
    5. Board_C.Show_lose_screen () (at Assets/3match/script/Board_C.cs:2207)
    6. Board_C.Annotate_potential_moves () (at Assets/3match/script/Board_C.cs:1008)
    7. Board_C.Check_ALL_possible_moves () (at Assets/3match/script/Board_C.cs:901)
    8. Board_C.Start () (at Assets/3match/script/Board_C.cs:496)
    Also, I'm still having trouble if you were to beat it have the star system works correctly. Is there anyway we could do a team view session or anything like that?

44. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

I can't see the video: youtube say that it is private.

45. Shigidy

Shigidy

Sorry about that. I made it public.

46. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Congratulations you have found a genuine bug!

Here the fix:
    1 - Open Board_C
    2- go to void Initiate_variables()
    3- and add in it (just at the top)
    Code (csharp):
    2. player_win = false;
    3. game_end = false;
    4. versus = false;
    5. player_turn = false;
    4- done

New version of the kit in upload on asset store with the fix.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
  47. Shigidy

Shigidy

48. Shigidy

Shigidy

Just wondering about the progress on this project? :)

49. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

I'm working on Enemy AI that can use bonuses. Because there are various bonus models and various rulesets, it is taking time.

50. Shigidy

Shigidy

Hey Lux is there anyway you could help me set up the star system? I've tried to follow your instructions, but can't get it to work correctly. Is there anyway we could do a team view session?