Search Unity

Sun Shafts, Reflections etc. in Unity FREE!

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Sykoo, Dec 18, 2014.

?

Do you think the quality is good?

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. Sykoo

Sykoo

THIS PROJECT IS CANCELLED! PLEASE TAKE A LOOK AT THIS ONE!

Today, I finally begun on my new project "The Lens". More information will be coming about it around next week, but right now what I want to show you guys is the visual quality of the game!

I'm working in Unity Free (Indie), which makes it obviously hard to keep the graphics up with the performance of the game without losing any of them way too much. I've managed so far to get proper working and reflecting light shafts, bloom, vignette and as well noise effect! All those are post-process effects re-made in Unity Free!
    There is also a reflection from water now, which looks pretty cool!

Why is this so special?
    Well, it's pretty difficult to keep up the performance of the game while you're making the graphics look as good as possible - specifically if you're making post-processing effects in Unity Indie by PixelReading. Videos coming soon as well!

You can always donate to vspygaming@live.com at PayPal in order to help me develop this game in the best way possible! :) All donations will be going to the game-development. There is no limit, you can donate even 1$ and it would help alot!

Here are the current results:
    LIGHT SHAFTS

WATER REFLECTION

NOTE: This thread will soon become the official thread for my game The Lens.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
  2. Lightning-Blade

Lightning-Blade

Looks beautiful

Sykoo likes this.
  3. Sykoo

Sykoo

Thank you very much! :)

4. nasos_333

nasos_333

It looks great. What is the performance for the reflections and pixel reading ?

5. Sykoo

Sykoo

I got a Gaming PC (not the best one though, one with GTX 720) and it's working perfectly fine! Around 45 FPS with all the graphics on highest - including Shadows. I think it should also work on a normal PC like Intel 4000 HD Graphics on around 25-30 FPS on ultra graphics. :)

6. nasos_333

nasos_333

Great, do you have a release date window ? I would love to toy with these reflections.

7. Sykoo

Sykoo

The game that I'm going to use this "graphical-system" in is considered being one-month project. So I think I will be releasing it either at the end of 2014 or really early in 2015 if I see that it'll require some last touches.

8. nasos_333

nasos_333

Great, will follow the thread

Sykoo likes this.
  9. Sykoo

Sykoo

Glad to know, thank you! :D

10. NareshKhandla

NareshKhandla

Flare looking and graphics very nice.

Sykoo likes this.
  11. Sykoo

Sykoo

Thank you very much for your kind comment :) Glad you guys like it!

12. Sykoo

Sykoo

Lots of improvements has been done and now it's even more performance-rich!

13. GOYasukamaZuna

GOYasukamaZuna

What do you think will be the fps of an Intel HD 2000?

Also it looks beautiful!

Sykoo likes this.
  14. Sykoo

Sykoo

Hi! I think you would get around 25-30 FPS with high graphics (medium-high shadow-quality).

15. GOYasukamaZuna

GOYasukamaZuna

Sounds great, I'll be following this thread!

Sykoo likes this.
  16. Sykoo

Sykoo

Thank you very much:)

17. HolBol

HolBol

Can we have a webplayer?

18. Sykoo

Sykoo

I'll definitely fix it either tomorrow or over tomorrow - I'm a biut busy today :) Thanks for the idea!

19. khos85

khos85

Hi, I stumbled across this, certainly looks very nice, is the sunshafts part available for us to purchase/use? I have been looking for sunshafts in Unity free for some time now but nothing as good as yours good sofar, please would you make this available to us?

20. Sykoo

Sykoo

Hi there! I am planning on making an asset of Grapple Hook and even exclusively the sun shafts. Post proccessing in Unity Free with PixelReading is very difficult and requires alot of work to optimize. But I'll definitely try my best to rework around it and make an asset out of it :) Thank you for the kind words and also for the suggestion!

21. khos85

khos85

Cool, any ideas on pricing for the sunshaft yet, eg will it be in the 5s 10 or 100s? :)
    I have code/prefab for a winch that I made for a 3d offroad car game, can that be turned into an asset for the asset store?

22. Sykoo

Sykoo

I thought of a price about 5-10 dollars :) If you try to upload that to asset store, it might be considered for being "too simple", as my Survival Engine asset was. But you can always try! And if that does not work, then yu can sell it on like Payloadz as I do with my SurvivalEngine now! :)

23. khos85

khos85

that sounds like an excellent price! I might try adding my first asset, whohoo, hope it goes well.

24. Sykoo

Sykoo

Glad you like what it sounds like! :) Good lcuk with your asset :)