Search Unity

SUIMONO Water System - 2.0 BETA Announcement

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by chingwa, Nov 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chingwa

chingwa

immFX - After your comment I was going through the code in search of why the waves were jittery (especially apparent at low speeds), I believe I've found the issue and I plan to put out a new update in the next day or two with this and a few other bugfixes and updates.

The reflections are currently a bit wonky, i.e. it reflects/refracts completely around objects, instead of clamping . I'll see if I can get this fixed by the next update as well....

2. WayneS56

WayneS56

I have a question about suimono - and not just the latest beta. I'm using Silver Lining for clouds and lighting. It has both ambient and sun light settings. Using normal ambient and sun light, ALL suimono underwater area is almost washed out - ridiculously bright. If I turn off the Silver Linings ambient light altogether, then Suimono underwater looks fine. But then of course the above water areas are too dark with no ambient light. Is / where is a setting (in code public or private) that I can change how Suimono manages underwater light level...? I enjoy using the 2 packages together - they look awesome.

3. chingwa

chingwa

Hi WayneS56, I've had some other people give me similar feedback.... where the water blows out when using specific 3rd party sky/lighting setups. I'm incorporating some changes into the shaders that ought to fix this for you (I think!), and should have the next update out in the next day or so.

4. Deathnote

Deathnote

Hi, chingwa if rain is start, will be circle on water?

Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
  5. chingwa

chingwa

Hi Deathnote, No, currently there is no direct integration with other weather/rain effect systems.

6. chingwa

chingwa

Hello All, Suimono version 2.0 BETA 0.85 is now ready for download...

This is mostly a bug fix update, notably to fix overbrighting on the shaders that was seen in various circumstances, especially in conjunction with 3rd part sky systems. But also, there is now dx11 tessellation and waves available for those using the free version of Unity!

Download Here: http://www.tanukidigital.com/suimono/beta

UPDATE: 4/10/2014 - 2.0 Beta Version 0.85 released
    • NEW - Tessellation and 3D wave Displacement now works on Unity Indie (new basic_dx11 shaders added).
    • NEW - Added "Unity DX11" version target option for Unity Indie.
    • NEW - Added Overall Transparency attribute, controls the final transparency on water surfaces.
    • FIX - Added manual ReGenerate() function for Suimono_flowgenerator.js
    • FIX - Removed custom terrain shader. This was left in the 8.0 project by mistake, and the removal should fix any interfering issues with terrain.
    • FIX - Jittery 3d wave scrolling. Waves should now move smoothly regardless of the speed setting.
    • FIX - Over-brighten effect when Using 3rd party sky/weather systems. Removed ambient light brightening in water shaders.
    • FIX - Specular colors are now influenced by light color.

7. Deathnote

Deathnote

thanks, but when it will be ?

8. Deathnote

Deathnote

How i can get a beta version ?

9. lazygunn

lazygunn

This is about to, i think, be given a good looking at working alongside a bunch of other nice things, some of the more well-known (seemingly) becoming pretty shader effects available to Unity, i'll let you know how it goes! I don't really know at all how it will fare with skyshop, i think i'll do what i said i was going to do ages ago and recreate the dx11 tessellation shader in shaderforge with my own touches - i'm thinking of creating waveforms partly on the gpu with perlin noise or fbm, if fbm shows good results, or just see, gta 5's water used perlin noise as proof of concept, and await shaderforge's oncoming integration with skyshop (just waiting for the next skyshop update) and see if it goes that way. Then the tricky bit is just making sure i can get wave heights well again (This all might be tricky bits but i've been anticipating it for a while). I'm also going to be using candela screen space reflections, again i have no idea how that will work out but it should be interesting, if it plain doesn't work then i'll let you know, but it would prompt the shader remake moreso.

And i'll be using environment gator for the skies, and rtp for the terrain, so thats quite a holistic approach to an outdoor environment there, one way or another it's going to work, i want to be using Suimono to make boat trips a very fun thing whatever's shading the surface, but as said i'll get back to you on everything discovered when i finally have answers, whenever that is (given a busy few weeks of competition time coming up where i'm not allowed to use dx11)

10. chingwa

chingwa

Deathnote - go HERE and fill out the registration info and I'll send you an access serial and download link.

lazygunn - Can't wait to see how your stuff turns out! :)

11. makotech222

makotech222

Hey Chingwa, I'm back with the same issue i posted a long time ago. I'm using the latest 0.85 beta, with Unity Pro dx11.

A picture shows it better than i can describe:
    http://i.imgur.com/EU4qLKK.jpg

So my ground is a single mesh (The grass), and i have a suimono surface ABOVE the ground, which shows up as pure white. If its not over the mesh, it shows up normally (I think thats normal).

This is without changing any presets or anything, except setting the target to Unity Pro Dx11. Any ideas what can be causing this? I had this problem back in beta 2.1

Edit: ah, i've been playing with the settings, and the white color is from the Foam Settings. I've been playing around with them, but it seems to think that its interacting with the mesh surface, creating foam? But its setting everything as foam :p

Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
  12. chingwa

chingwa

Hi makotech, that screenshot is strange! I'm glad the foam setting worked but there seems to be more to it than just the foam. If you wouldn't mind sending me an email at konnichiwa[at]tanukidigital.com, I have a hotfix currently in the works that might help you out...

13. Deathnote

Deathnote

i don't know where i can get a Asset Store Invoice#

14. derkoi

derkoi

From the email you received when you purchased from the asset store. It's in an attachment.

15. Deathnote

Deathnote

ok, thanks, i just must byu )

16. OneShotGG

OneShotGG

I've got some problems with the beta currently.

1. Shore line generation doesn't seem to work. I see the texture that generates but the surface ignores it and deep waves just continue through the terrain.

2. scaling the surface also scales everything else which means textures/tesselation are out of wack. This includes infinate 3d ocean(which just becomes a flat surface.

3. I am using Skyshop and Alloy and the specularity/brightness of the waves are completely over saturated.

My current map has a bay so I absolutely need the shoreline recognition to work. Maybe I misunderstand how your plugin is supposed to work though. Correct me if I am wrong but it should work like this shouldn't it:

-in deep water you have deep waves

- as you approach ANY shore deep waves are phased out for shoreline waves/effects

This is how AC4 and BF4 water works and how I assumed yours did.

17. chingwa

chingwa

Hi OneShotGG,

1) There are a number of settings that are available to control the wave behavior... many of the presets aren't taking shoreline waves into account, but with the latest release there are a couple presets at the bottom that specifically integrate the shoreline waves. You can also play with the "shallow wave" settings located under "3D WAVE SETTINGS".

2) the Infinite 3d ocean should handle scaling itself automatically as long as you're using dx11... Meaning, you drag it into your scene, set it to the infinite ocean setting, and position the plane where you want and once you play it should scale itself properly. (no need to touch scaling controls) Is this not happening?

For non-infinite ocean water Suimono tries to increase the tessellation automatically... but if you're trying to scale up the surface by a lot then the tesellation may need to be increased manually. There should be an "Auto Tessellation" option on the tessellation controls, by unchecking this you can manually increase the tessellation until it is right for your scene. (oops, see below!)

3) I've been working on some additional controls for the next version to help with the "over-brighting" issue, however if you send me an email to konnichiwa[at]tanukidigital.com I have a work-in-progress hotfix file that might help the specular/brightness issue for you.

My intial inspirations for the Suimono 3d waves was indded ac4 (well, ac3 actually) and GTA5... so the system should be working as you describe... the deep shore waves will be phased out out for shallow waves near the shoreline. BUT! make sure you have the shallow settings set as I describe above, or are using one of the "shoreline waves" presets.

------ EDIT! ------
    I just double checked and the "auto tessellation" option I listed above isn't included in the latest beta (!?). I'll go back and make sure it's put back into the next update, sorry about that!

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  18. OneShotGG

OneShotGG

I tried using the shoreline presets and increasing the deep wave variables but all it did was make deep waves start clipping through the terrain. This is what makes me think there is an issue with shoreline generation (or the reading of it). I am not seeing any of the deep waves get phased out.

Also, is infinate ocean supposed to cut my fps by 90%. I go from 100fps to 10fps by turning it on :p .

I use dx11 pro, linear space deferred rendering.

19. chingwa

chingwa

Well, specifically, try setting the "normalize shoreline" all the way over to 1... this should completely cancel out the deep waves as they get close to the shore. From there, you can change the other shallow waves settings to build up shoreline waves. If this isn't happening for you can you send me a screenshot of what your're seeing on your end?

the infinite ocean doesn't give any change in fps on my end.... so something definitely isn't right. Try this as a test... remove your WATER Surface (or just disable it for now). Drag a new SUIMONO_Surface prefab into your scene. change it's "Surface Type" to "Infinite 3d ocean" and don't change any other settings or scale or anything. Play your scene.... does it still give you fps issues?

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  20. HeadClot88

HeadClot88

Hey chingwa - how much does this cost? will I have to pay to upgrade?

Thanks

HeadClot

21. chingwa

chingwa

Hi HeadClot... upgrades are free, and if you've bought the current version you can access the 2.0 beta version for no additional charge by registering here. Once 2.0 is finished and up on the asset store the price will remain the same as the current version... $65.

22. Seith

Seith

@Chingwa: Hello! I have a couple of questions regarding this video:

1) The waves lapping the shore is a great touch. But I'm a little surprised by the end of the phase. When the wave should just gently die down (meaning becoming thinner, almost "absorbed" by the ground) it looks instead like it suddenly surges inland much higher (and further in) than I would expect it to. I hope you see what I mean. Is that something that can be controlled by the user?

2) Can I use meshes instead of an official Unity terrain and still have the system function properly?

3) Would you say the system is production-ready by now? Or are you still in a beta phase with changing tools/settings and a non-complete documentation?

4) What does the system provide in terns of ripples around a character that would trample through the water? (a little bit like this: http://benbritten.com/2009/05/19/fun-with-unity/)

Thanks!

23. chingwa

chingwa

Hi Seith,

Overall I would say Suimono 2.0 is close, but not quite production ready. There are still bugs that need to be worked out and improvements made, and a couple additional features that need to be finalized (specifically, infinite ocean under dx9, shoreline wave physics, and improved mobile support). If you're looking to just be able to drop your system in without any real difficulty you might want to wait until the beta period is over (SOON!). I'd say most people are able to use the Suimono 2.0 beta without any issues but of course there are still problems here and there.

1) yes I know exactly what you mean here about the shoreline "end surge", and I'm still looking to improve this :) The surge you see is actually the wave heights being mistakenly picked up from the other side of this island (off screen), so this still needs a bit of improvement.

2) Meshes should work as long as they have colliders, there isn't anything going on in suimono that is actually specific to the terrain system.

3) as stated above, also the documentation is still missing some of the newer features...

4) Right. The problem with these very impressive water tests( like the one you linked to) is that they simply don't scale to realistic game sizes. The beautiful high fidelity you see is only possible because the water mesh and texture res is being mapped to just a few meters in size. Now blow this up to a giant lake or ocean (or even a river) and you will quickly see either the mesh degrade, or the texture resolution degrade.

This is exactly why suimono doesn't take this approach, even though it looks cool, it isn't actually feasible. Suimono does have automatic splashes and refractive ripples, but currently the ripples are not 3D displaced at all. I've been looking into ways of adding 3D ripples, but haven't found a satisfactory solution yet.

Anyway, thanks for your questions and your continued interest. I'm confidant once the final touches are put on the beta and 2.0 is up on the store you'll find Suimono a very good fit for your projects :)

24. Seith

Seith

Thank you for your detailed answer Chingwa! I will eagerly wait for the end of the Beta stage then... :)

25. lazygunn

lazygunn

I actually have some thoughts regarding the ripples that i'd have no iea how to express in a shader in text but might be able to be immplemented in shader forge. I guess it will have to wait for now, its down the list of priorities atm, but I think it might possibly be done using localised tesselation, assuming distance based tessellation need not only originate from one place. one day i shall look into it

26. BodhiSlam

BodhiSlam

Hello! Sorta solved - now I'm getting see-through waves, hah (and occasionally pink water flashing in). I thought that maybe the 'UV reversal' toggle would do it but it doesn't seem to change anything. When I fly the camera under the water it looks like they are upside-down.

$waves_update.jpg

Original post:

Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
  27. chingwa

chingwa

Hmmm... It looks like there's an error in the shader declarations. If you send me an email at konnichiwa[at]tanukidigital.com I'll email you an updated shader file that should work! Not sure how this error slipped through, but I plan to put out a new update this weekend that should fix a few other issues and features, so I'll add this shader fix to the list as well.

------ edit!
    I've confirmed this pink shader error on unity free dx11 is now fixed, and will be included w/ update 0.86

Last edited: Apr 27, 2014
  28. chingwa

chingwa

Also, unrelated... if you're using the free version of Unity, go into the SUIMONO_Module settings and uncheck the "use dark ui" setting. Suimono will then use a more appropriate ui for the lighter menus. :)

29. Seith

Seith

@Chingwa: Hi there, I have a question for you: in terms of view distance, how does your system hold up? More precisely if you get to see a huge expense of water from a high vantage point, are there any visible tiling (very obvious repeating patterns) on the water surface?

30. chingwa

chingwa

Hi Seith, In general the tiling looks pretty good, though if you look hard enough you can see some repetition going on. I've been thinking about modulating the difference in scale via view distance, but have not got to this quite yet. Below you can see a comparison of the water as it currently stands at different distances. This is from upcoming beta version 0.86, which I'm planning on releasing a little later today :)

31. Seith

Seith

Thank you very much for your fast and quite detailed reply! Pictures look great!

I really can't wait to try your system when it's out of beta. Although I unfortunately have an uncanny "gift" for breaking things in ways so simple usually developers don't even think about them. Still, after such a thorough beta testing phase I do hope it'll be fairly smooth when I import Suimono into my project... :)

32. chingwa

chingwa

Hello All, Suimono version 2.0 BETA 0.86 is now ready for download...

This update finally brings a working version of the infinite ocean setting to DX9 users! This includes those using pc, mac, weblpayer, iOS, and Android. In addition I've done a lot of the work on the overall wave visuals and I'm extremely happy with how everything is looking now. There were also a number of bug fixes which can be seen below.

What's still in the works? Well I'd still like to get 3d waves working on iOS and Android. Also shoreline waves still are not taken into account in the Suimono physics system, so boats and other objects will not flow properly over the near shore waves. There's also a few bug fixes that I wasn't able to squeeze into this release, but I should be able to address all the above soon.

Download Here: http://www.tanukidigital.com/suimono/beta

UPDATE: 4/27/2014 - 2.0 Beta Version 0.86 released
    • NEW - Infinite Ocean now works under DX9. (desktop/webplayer, Unity Free, Android and iPhone.)
    • NEW - Updated Wave Normals for better wave and light rendering.
    • NEW - Added "Overall Brightness" attribute to manually adjust the light/dark levels of the water surface.
    • NEW - Added parallax to Surface Shaders, for better near-view wave visuals.
    • CHANGE - Updated Preset visual tweaks.
    • CHANGE - Updated shader surface calculations. Specular now rendered after alpha pass.
    • CHANGE - Updated depth Rendering, fixes various depth, color, and alpha overlap problems under Unity Pro.
    • FIX - Incorporated "Overall Transparency" attribute into the preset system.
    • FIX - Added "Auto Tessellation" setting back to tessellation tab. (was overwritten in previous version)
    • FIX - pink shader error for Unity Dx11 shader in Unity Free.
    • FIX - Caustic effects are now working again.
    • FIX - Periodic effect "implicit" console error.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
  33. cookimage

cookimage

I updated and am testing the newest beta version, settings with infinite water and normal DirectX9 settings and am getting. Above water I only see reflection of light, no matter to what type I set it and when under water seems to only have the top surface reflection, the siloet you see below the character is the actual character standing and you can see the terrain under him. Any help on fixing this.

$watterTest.png

$watterTestUnderwater.png

Basically also if you can tell em how to get the exact look as you had with the waves in the one scene where they are crashing against the beach that would be awesome.

Also just to mention we are the developers of Atavism Networking Solution for Unity which allows developers to create their own MMO games and we are using Suimono for our MMO Neos Land and if we can get this working properly we will make sure to refer the package to our 150 plus developers who is currently using Atavism system for their own games. It really has huge potential for MMO games as infinite ocean is a big thing.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
  34. chingwa

chingwa

hi cookimage,

First of all the upside down rendering can be fixed by going to the SUIMONO_Module game object in your scene and clicking on the "use UV Reversal" option. Because Suimono is made to work with wide variety of configurations sometimes a particular setup will cause this type of reversal while other setups don't. the UV reversal option should fix it for you.

Second, for the transparent water, go to the SUIMONO_Surface object in your scene, under Presets and try clicking on some of the other presets while you're playing your scene... do any of these presets show up for you? If not then you can go under the 'Water Surface' tab and make sure the "Overall Transparency" setting is set to "1" instead of "0".

Finally if the above doesn't help then it might make sense to completely uninstall suimono (just delete the Suimono 2 folder from your project) and reinstall it from the download package. Sometimes installing one version on top of another can cause some problems, and a clean install might help.

Let me know if the above helps at all or if you still have these problems going forward. Your projects look really great! I certainly hope we can get Suimono up and running in your MMO system!

35. lazygunn

lazygunn

Ahh! I've been all about tessellation lately but thanks to some recent decisions, something that runs nicely on opengl would be pretty neat. I seem to have a problem with doing anything useful today but i'll look soon

36. cookimage

cookimage

I did that but still same problem, I am getting this error in the log with +999 of them.

ArgumentOutOfRangeException: startIndex + length > this.length
    Parameter name: length
    System.String.Substring (Int32 startIndex, Int32 length) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/monoAndRuntimeClassLibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System/String.cs:356)
    SuimonoObject.PresetGetData () (at Assets/SUIMONO - WATER SYSTEM 2/SCRIPTS/SuimonoObject.js:1690)
    SuimonoObject.Update () (at Assets/SUIMONO - WATER SYSTEM 2/SCRIPTS/SuimonoObject.js:442)

37. chingwa

chingwa

OK I see what's happening. It looks like the Presets data file got corrupted. I've attached it again here for you... try right-clicking and saving the below file to your computer. Simply replace the file currently in "SUIMONO-WATER SYSTEM 2/RESOURCES/" with the one here...

http://www.tanukidigital.com/suimono/misc_files/_PRESETS.txt

assuming it downloads properly it should take care of both the errors your receiving and the improper loading of the water surface settings. Let me know how it goes!

Does anyone else have similar errors using version 0.86?

38. cookimage

cookimage

Hmm cant seem to save this file, But got the water working properly except for under water where its still upside down. One thing though , so I changed settings and also changed them on the prefab and save my scene. When I come back to the scene they have changed back to other settings. Like the color of the reflection and other color settings. Is this somewhere hard coded as well and thus changes it back when you load up a scene?

PS. Thanks for all the help

39. chingwa

chingwa

Send me an email at konnichiwa[at]tanukidigital.com and I'll email you the file directly. When changing settings for the water you really should be using the preset system, so we first need to get all those errors worked out and make sure the presets are working for you.

The best way to change settings and customize the water are to first play your scene, and then go onto the SUIMONO_Surface object and go through the settings panels... 3D WAVES, WATER SURFACE, FOAM etc... once you're happy with how you're water looks you should go down to the Preset Manager tab and click the "+ NEW" button to save a new preset with all your current settings.

now be aware, once you stop playing your scene, the preset selection will revert back to what was set before you played your scene... but your new preset should still be in the list, and you can now click on that preset instead and it will now load those settings when you play your scene.

40. cookimage

cookimage

Thanks send

41. keyboardcowboy

keyboardcowboy

Imported beta .86 into my project and received several error message like this:

Code (csharp):
    2. Shader error in 'Suimono2/effect_refractPlane_dx11': D3D shader assembly failed with: (62): error X6077: texld/texldb/texldp/dsx/dsy instructions with r# as source cannot be used inside dynamic conditional 'if' blocks, dynamic conditional subroutine calls, or loop/rep with break*.
    3. (68): error X6077: texld/texldb/texldp/dsx/dsy instructions with r# as source cannot be used inside dynamic conditional 'if' blocks, dynamic conditional subroutine calls, or loop/rep with break*.
    4. (72): error X6077: texld/texldb/texldp/dsx/dsy instructions with r# as source cannot be used inside dynamic conditional 'if' blocks, dynamic conditional subroutine calls, or loop/rep with break*.
    5. (80): error X6077: texld/texldb/texldp/dsx/dsy instructions with r# as source cannot be used inside dynamic conditional 'if' blocks, dynamic conditional subroutine calls, or loop/rep with break*.
    6. (86): error X6077: texld/texldb/texldp/dsx/dsy instructions with r# as source cannot be used inside dynamic conditional 'if' blocks, dynamic conditional subroutine calls, or loop/rep with break*.
    7. (91): error X6077: texld/texldb/texldp/dsx/dsy instructions with r# as source cannot be used inside dynamic conditional 'if' blocks, dynamic conditional subroutine calls, or loop/rep with break*.
    8. (100): error X6077: texld/texldb/texldp/dsx/dsy instructions with r# as source cannot be used inside dynamic conditional 'if' blocks, dynamic conditional subroutine calls, or loop/rep with break*.
    9. (105): error X6077: texld/texldb/texldp/dsx/dsy instructions with r# as source cannot be used inside dynamic conditional 'if' blocks, dynamic conditional subroutine calls, or loop/rep with break*.
    11. Shader Assembly: ps_3_0
    12. ; 97 ALU, 12 TEX, 5 FLOW
    13. dcl_2d s0
    14. dcl_2d s1
    15. dcl_2d s2
    16. dcl_2d s3
    17. def c8, 0.10000000, 2.00000000, -1.00000000, 1.00000000
    18. def c9, 0.25000000, 1.39999998, 0.00000000, 0.00100000
    19. defi i0, 255, 1, 1, 0
    20. def c10, 0.12500000, 4.00000000, -3.00000000, 1.40039063
    21. def c11, 0.19995117, 1.00000000, 0, 0
    22. dcl_texcoord0 v0
    23. dcl_texcoord1 v1
    24. dcl_texcoord3 v2.xyz
    25. mov r0.x, c5
    26. mul r0.xy, c0, r0.x
    27. mul r0.xy, r0, c8.x
    28. mad r0.xy, v0, c4.x, r0
    29. texld r0.yw, r0, s0
    30. mad_pp r0.xy, r0.wyzw, c8.y, c8.z
    31. mul_pp r0.zw, r0.xyxy, r0.xyxy
    32. add_pp_sat r0.z, r0, r0.w
    33. add_pp r0.z, -r0, c8.w
    34. rsq_pp r0.z, r0.z
    35. rcp_pp r0.z, r0.z
    36. dp3_pp r0.x, r0, r0
    37. rsq_pp r0.x, r0.x
    38. mul_pp r0.x, r0, r0.y
    39. mov r0.z, c7.x
    40. add r0.y, c8.z, r0.z
    41. add r0.z, v1.w, -v1.y
    42. abs r0.y, r0
    43. cmp r0.y, -r0, r0.z, v1
    44. mul r0.x, r0, c3
    45. mad r0.x, -r0, c9, r0.y
    46. mov r0.y, c6.x
    47. add r0.y, c8.z, r0
    48. abs r0.z, r0.y
    49. mov r1.y, r0.x
    50. mov r1.xzw, v1
    51. texldp r1.xyz, r1, s2
    52. frc r0.w, r0.z
    53. mov r6.w, r0.x
    54. add r0.x, r0.z, -r0.w
    55. cmp r3.w, r0.y, r0.x, -r0.x
    56. texld r0.y, v0.zwzw, s1
    57. texldp r0.x, v1, s3
    58. mul r6.xyz, r1, c9.y
    59. mov_pp r2.xyz, c9.z
    60. mov r7.x, r0.y
    61. mov_pp r7.z, r0.x
    62. mov r7.y, c8.w
    63. loop aL, i0
    64. break_ge r7.y, c6.x
    65. mad r1.y, -r7, c9.w, r6.w
    66. mad r5.x, -r7.y, c9.w, v1
    67. rcp r7.w, r3.w
    68. mad r4.x, r7.y, c9.w, v1
    69. mov r0.y, r1
    70. mov r0.zw, v1
    71. mov r0.x, r5
    72. texldp r0.xyz, r0, s2
    73. mul r3.xyz, r0, r7.w
    74. mul r3.xyz, r3, c10.x
    75. add_pp r2.xyz, r2, r3
    76. mov r0.y, r1
    77. mov r1.xzw, v1
    78. texldp r1.xyz, r1, s2
    79. mul r1.xyz, r7.w, r1
    80. mov r0.zw, v1
    81. mov r0.x, r4
    82. texldp r0.xyz, r0, s2
    83. mul r0.xyz, r7.w, r0
    84. mul r3.xyz, r0, c10.x
    85. add_pp r0.xzw, r2.xyyz, r3.xyyz
    86. mad r0.y, r7, c9.w, r6.w
    87. mov r2.y, r0
    88. mov r2.zw, v1
    89. mov r2.x, r5
    90. texldp r3.xyz, r2, s2
    91. mul r3.xyz, r7.w, r3
    92. mul r3.xyz, r3, c10.x
    93. add_pp r3.xyz, r0.xzww, r3
    94. mov r2.y, r0
    95. mov r0.xzw, v1
    96. texldp r0.xyz, r0, s2
    97. mul r0.xyz, r7.w, r0
    98. mul r0.xyz, r0, c10.x
    99. mov r2.zw, v1
    100. mov r2.x, r4
    101. texldp r2.xyz, r2, s2
    102. mul r2.xyz, r7.w, r2
    103. mul r2.xyz, r2, c10.x
    104. add_pp r2.xyz, r3, r2
    105. mul r1.xyz, r1, c10.x
    106. add_pp r1.xyz, r2, r1
    107. add_pp r2.xyz, r1, r0
    108. mov r4.zw, v1
    109. mov r4.y, r6.w
    110. texldp r0.xyz, r4, s2
    111. mul r0.xyz, r7.w, r0
    112. mul r0.xyz, r0, c10.x
    113. mov r5.zw, v1
    114. mov r5.y, r6.w
    115. texldp r1.xyz, r5, s2
    116. mul r1.xyz, r7.w, r1
    117. mul r1.xyz, r1, c10.x
    118. add_pp r0.xyz, r2, r0
    119. add_pp r2.xyz, r0, r1
    120. add r7.y, r7, c8.w
    121. endloop
    122. mul_pp_sat r1.xyz, r2, c10.w
    123. mad_pp_sat r0.x, r7.z, c10.y, c10.z
    124. add r0.w, r7.x, c8.z
    125. mul r0.w, r0, c1
    126. add_pp r1.xyz, r1, -r6
    127. mul r0.x, r0, c2
    128. mad_pp_sat r0.xyz, r0.x, r1, r6
    129. mov_pp r1.xyz, c1
    130. add_pp r1.xyz, c8.z, r1
    131. mad_pp r1.xyz, r1, c11.x, c11.y
    132. add r0.w, r0, c8
    133. mul_pp r1.xyz, r0, r1
    134. mul_pp_sat r1.xyz, r1, r0.w
    135. mad_pp oC0.xyz, r0, v2, r1
    136. mov_pp oC0.w, c8
    any ideas what might have thrown this? My project is not set for DX11

42. chingwa

chingwa

hi keyboardcowboy,

This is almost certainly being caused by dx9 vs dx11 compatibility issue. Suimono obviously ships with both dx9 and dx11 shaders, however on import under dx9 the dx11 shaders will throw an error because dx9 doesn't recognize certain dx11 instructions. Usually this is a one-time error, but if it bugs you, or if it keeps popping up you can go into the "Suimono 2/Shaders/" folder, and delete all the shader files with "dx11" in the name (you can always reimport them again later if you need to).

Let me know how this works for you!

43. chingwa

chingwa

I put together a comparison scene showing the performance between Unity's water4 and The latest version of the Suimono Beta. As you can see, realistic water in general is pretty demanding, especially when you consider dynamic reflection generation. However, Suimono comes out quite a bit ahead of water4 in terms of performance, despite having a lot more options and visual fidelity (water4 what in the world are you doing??) :D

44. derkoi

derkoi

Hi,

I'm wondering if there are some settings for changing the water surface from underwater as I can't seem to find any it looks really bad, but on the surface it looks great so I don't want to change that.

I'm using the latest beta version.

Thanks

$Carp Fish Sim - Screenshot 0004.jpg

45. chingwa

chingwa

Hi Derkoi, Yes, despite your underwater settings, there's currently an error in the underwater rendering... the "Use UV Reversal" setting is not working properly while underwater in the current beta, sorry bout that. I have this fixed in the next update which should be out really soon! Or feel free to email me at konnichiwa[at]tanukidigital.com and I can walk you through how to change the shader code to fix this yourself, if you need it right away.

Also, just FYI, the underwater rendering actually works best when using deferred rendering (as opposed to forward), which allows depth fogging as well as transparency where you would expect it near the water surface. Forward rendering does not allow this due to the way Unity is compositing into the depth buffer in forward rendering.

46. Kemp-Sparky

Kemp-Sparky

Hi, there! Great work on this project. I will certainly be using suimono for the water in my game when the time comes. I was just wondering how well suimono would work for a river? Is the current direction and speed configurable? Can the foam be increased to simulate white water on rapids?

Thanks!

47. chingwa

chingwa

Hi Kemp-Sparky,

Yes Suimono works for rivers. I'll see about putting together a specific river example. direction and speed is easily configurable, so on a river object the flow going around twists and bends will work fine as long as you configure the "direction" parameter to be inline with your river UV's.

As far as rapids go... you can certainly increase the foam amount, though there isn't anything in the settings to localize it to one section of a river versus another. Though I suppose you could have two river objects, one for the smooth section of river, and another for the rapids, with more foam, turbulence, speed etc.

48. Kemp-Sparky

Kemp-Sparky

Thanks for the reply! That's good to know. I set up my rivers in sections with either overlapping segments where the water changes, or waterfalls between sections. An example would be nice, if it's not too much trouble, just to see how it handles the river banks and so forth.

Thanks again, I'm looking forward to purchasing. :)

49. rahul007

rahul007

Waiting for the final 2.0! :D

50. cookimage

cookimage

I have Infinite Ocean on and everything is good, only have a question . How can I increase the detail distance. In the image below you can see the distance its currently drawing is not good enough as you can clearly see the line it makes in the draw distance on the waves, I need it just a little bit bigger so the ocean looks more fuller in regards to waves.

$oceantestBug2.png

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.