Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Substance crashes Unity

Discussion in '5.4 Beta' started by knotFF, Dec 25, 2015.

1. knotFF

knotFF

When you import a SBSAR file into Unity, the application crashes when you either click the Generate All Outputs or Generate Mip Maps.
    This is very frustrating because Generate All Outputs is exactly the 1st button you press in a substance when you import it. Specially if you are using a Custom Shader.

This is the same error as mentioned here:
    http://issuetracker.unity3d.com/iss...-slash-all-outputs-for-a-substance-on-mac-osx

Yesterday I downloaded the 5.4 Beta and I can confirm the same is happening for this version as well.
    I am on a OSX, Macbook Pro, all latest apps.

subjectZero likes this.
  2. EricBatut_ALG

EricBatut_ALG

This has already been reported, and a fix is currently waiting to be merged, so hopefully this will be available in the next beta (or the one after that, I'm not aware of the details of the release process).

Best Regards,
    Eric

3. EricBatut_ALG

EricBatut_ALG

The fix got merged to trunk tonight, so it's very likely the fix will be in beta2.

Best Regards,
    Eric

4. melkior

melkior

I'm not sure this was fixed 'properly' or there are other problems.

I tried 5.4.0b3 last night and substances do not import correctly on upgrade particularly the normal maps do not compile; and if you try to reimport it to cause it to fix it crashes the editor.

deram_scholzara likes this.
  5. Alex-Lian

Alex-Lian

Could you please submit a bug report with that crash and post the #?

6. melkior

melkior

@Alex Lian I had to revert my project after the crashes, but to try and file a bug I created a duplicate project. I am not able to reproduce the crash any longer; but I do continue to have the substance not build correctly with the normal map problems. Do you want/need a bug on that?

7. Alex-Lian

Alex-Lian

Yes please, though please check against the b5 that's just come out today.

8. melkior

melkior

Ok will check it, thanks.